Forum Settings
Forums

Score lowered again with no obvious warning or signs

New
May 18, 7:45 AM

Apr 2013
Title, this isn't the first time I've had the amount of days my anime list has listed as seen lowered without any rhyme, reason or warning. Each time its usually less than 1 day that gets subtracted and like b4, I checked the threads on this board in this sub for any sign or indication pointing to what might have been removed from my list or changed time wise but, natta! I was at 381.0 days 2 days ago. No idea what it was at at the end of yesterday but today I noticed its at 380.8 days which is at least 0.2 days (aka several hrs missing) less than what it should be at.

Can someone whose handling the data base and making these changes please chime in and explain whats going on? Or is this a bug in the system? Again, this isn't the first time this has happened over the years and am tired of this happening hence why am making a thread and reporting this, in what i think is the best place for it. Oh and just to be clear, no I have not started re-watching an anime, I know that lowers the days spent seeing the anime and that's never been what's caused this issue.
May 18, 8:02 AM

Jan 2017
--Kaori-- said:
I checked the threads on this board in this sub for any sign or indication pointing to what might have been removed from my list or changed time wise but, natta!

Unfortunately, the mods does not always update the Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials Thread when they touch an entry...
https://sean.fish/dbsentinel/ is a good tool to monitor what happened. According to it, 3 Pokémon entries were very recently deleted, maybe it's them ?

I doubt you'll get an official answer tho.
Alexioos95May 18, 8:06 AM
"Genius lives only one storey above madness."
– Arthur Schopenhauer.

"Stupidity is a talent for misconception."
– Edgar Allan Poe.

"I'm tired... and hungry."
– Alexioos95.
May 20, 11:29 AM

Apr 2013
Reply to Alexioos95
--Kaori-- said:
I checked the threads on this board in this sub for any sign or indication pointing to what might have been removed from my list or changed time wise but, natta!

Unfortunately, the mods does not always update the Merges/Splits/Removals/Denials Thread when they touch an entry...
https://sean.fish/dbsentinel/ is a good tool to monitor what happened. According to it, 3 Pokémon entries were very recently deleted, maybe it's them ?

I doubt you'll get an official answer tho.
@Alexioos95 I'm looking at least 0.2 days missing here, thats around 2 hrs missing. I don't think its them but nothing else I see listed on the May date (around when the time went missing) seems to be what was removed from my list. At this point I can only assume, either that site is behind on stuff deleted and such so whatever was deleted isn't showing on that site yet, or that the site (MAL) itself either had a bug and displayed more time than was actually on my list and it got fixed hence the drop in time spent watching anime OR that there currently IS a bug that affected the days spent watching anime and its yet to get fixed. Thank you for responding btw.

EDIT: To MAL: It'd be VERY welcome and a nice feature if you made it so any time a change to an entry on someone's Anime and Manga list is made that we receive a notification for that with exact details of what was done. (E.g. deleted, merged, time reduced etc.) Ofc preferably with the option to customize what type of modification to our list we'd like to be notified since some might not care if time is changed on an anime/manga entry but wish to be told if something is deleted. It'd also be nice to be 100% notified when related anime are added to past entries we have on our lists. Many entries for Pokemon, Detective Conan and countless others (Am sure not just the big name ones) get added every so often and I sometimes stumble upon them and was never notified of them being added. Seems only the sequels to weekly airing anime in the seasonals list gets notifications but it'd be nice to receive notifications for every added entry.
--Kaori--May 20, 11:38 AM
May 20, 12:02 PM

Jul 2023
Reply to --Kaori--
@Alexioos95 I'm looking at least 0.2 days missing here, thats around 2 hrs missing. I don't think its them but nothing else I see listed on the May date (around when the time went missing) seems to be what was removed from my list. At this point I can only assume, either that site is behind on stuff deleted and such so whatever was deleted isn't showing on that site yet, or that the site (MAL) itself either had a bug and displayed more time than was actually on my list and it got fixed hence the drop in time spent watching anime OR that there currently IS a bug that affected the days spent watching anime and its yet to get fixed. Thank you for responding btw.

EDIT: To MAL: It'd be VERY welcome and a nice feature if you made it so any time a change to an entry on someone's Anime and Manga list is made that we receive a notification for that with exact details of what was done. (E.g. deleted, merged, time reduced etc.) Ofc preferably with the option to customize what type of modification to our list we'd like to be notified since some might not care if time is changed on an anime/manga entry but wish to be told if something is deleted. It'd also be nice to be 100% notified when related anime are added to past entries we have on our lists. Many entries for Pokemon, Detective Conan and countless others (Am sure not just the big name ones) get added every so often and I sometimes stumble upon them and was never notified of them being added. Seems only the sequels to weekly airing anime in the seasonals list gets notifications but it'd be nice to receive notifications for every added entry.
@--Kaori--
I'm looking at least 0.2 days missing here, thats around 2 hrs missing.

I believe 0.2 days is 4.8 hours.
May 20, 12:37 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to Ezeved-kun
@--Kaori--
I'm looking at least 0.2 days missing here, thats around 2 hrs missing.

I believe 0.2 days is 4.8 hours.
@zaako Ah, right, thanks. I was counting in 0.1's instead of 0.2's. Makes it even more weird so much time is missing and no idea what happened since going off the other site, doesn't seem anything was deleted to cause this... bug is all i can think of here on MAL.

@ MAL: If a Mod or someone who works for the site is able too, just in case its a more serious bug, would you be able to check my anime list and see if any entries were removed or had time changed or something? A scary bug I just though of is one that REMOVES anime from one's anime list... and i haven't manually removed anything nor do i use anything to add or whatever to my list. If you do check and find anything please let me know, thanks.
May 20, 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
Well, my best guess would be a change in Metaintei Conan episode duration. Probably beacuse it had quite a lot of special episodes in the early years that were quite longer than your usual episodes and we are not getting those anymore, at least not in the episode count of the main show.

----->

Only the Days stat changed so that's why I think it should be just some change of episode duration. (Maybe Conan, maybe sth else.)

Machy

<--- Animelist
Mangalist --->
May 20, 1:52 PM

Apr 2013
Reply to machy871
Well, my best guess would be a change in Metaintei Conan episode duration. Probably beacuse it had quite a lot of special episodes in the early years that were quite longer than your usual episodes and we are not getting those anymore, at least not in the episode count of the main show.

----->

Only the Days stat changed so that's why I think it should be just some change of episode duration. (Maybe Conan, maybe sth else.)
@machy871 That could be it. Hope someone who knows of the change can come forward so we can be sure instead of just guessing.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Modification Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - May 15, 2016

8787 by tsubasalover »»
8 hours ago

» Some suggested changes: Ogami Matsugorou, Buso Renkin, Death Note

Inter_anime - Yesterday

0 by Inter_anime »»
Yesterday, 2:33 PM

Sticky: » Anime DB - Post Genre/Theme Requests Here ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Mar 28, 2022

730 by Kwanthemaster »»
Yesterday, 2:30 PM

» Why is Blue Eye Samurai not on MAL? ( 1 2 )

-DxP- - Dec 1, 2023

55 by Yugesai »»
Jun 16, 12:22 AM

» ultraman rising will not be on mal database?

deg - May 17

4 by CatSoul »»
Jun 15, 7:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.