Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 5:34 AM

Dec 2015
An interesting case. Even Kogoro and Ran got to shine a little here and there. She should really consider becoming an interpreter for Morofushi so Yui doesn't look so lost. Speaking of Yui, wasn't expecting her hair to be that long. And speaking of hair:

Yamato: Aha! Ain't no way your hair grew out that long in a month!
Yumi: Have you ever heard of extensions?
Yamato: E-eh? O_O

On another note, happy to see some sort of closure for Yamamura concerning Hiro. Even his brother got something out of it. Just wish that Yamamura would have caught on sooner and met his old friend T_T.

Easier than I thought it would be. Last episode's clue I picked up on were the neck strain, the body being in the middle (中)of the borderline, and the ring light hint. Made sense that it would be that person. Then again it could have meant center (センター)which would put the blame on someone else but with everything else in mind it seemed plausible that wasn't the case. Even though the dying message was more complex than it led on to be, I'm glad I could solve this mystery just on the first part.

ラストシーンは甘酸っぱいね。山村はあまり好きじゃないけど、幼馴染のメッセージを見たら、つい「よかったじゃん、山村」だと思っちゃった。でも、いつメッセージを書いたかなあ?次回は日本のリマスター。。。まあ、かまへん。次の原作回楽しみに~。
hai_X_isMay 18, 5:48 AM
May 18, 7:15 AM
Feb 2021
not gonna lie bro...i didnt like this mystery at all LMAOO (also i thought not zooming in on the window was kind of a cheap move, dawg had they actually zoomed in the trick woulda been solvable, like how come they zoomed in the very last second before the reveal LOL) at the end of the day mysteries that require knowledge of japanese arent all that interesting to me, as a non japanese speaker i tried to make sense of the pose but once Conan pointed out the dangling sign i was like 💀💀
Dark_whateverMay 18, 7:19 AM
May 18, 2:16 PM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
As I feared last week, the answer to the mystery relied on knowing Japanese. So I wouldn't have figured out the message either way, but I gotta call BS on the victim having the peace of mind to think of such a convoluted message while being bludgeoned to death.
May 18, 3:03 PM

Jan 2008
Whenever Morofushi quotes some classical Chinese history/literature and Ran puts it into laymen's terms, it reminds me of studying classical Shakespearean literature in high school and interpreting it in my own words to be more understandable. I wouldn't be able do it anymore because I remember absolutely nothing from those days, so maybe the reason Ran can easily know what Morofushi is saying is because she's perhaps currently studying it in a high school class.

Detective Uehara Yui looks smoking hot and beautiful with her hair down. I think this is the first time we've seen her with her out not in a bun. I hope we see more of this in her future appearances, maybe a ponytail as Ran suggested in the post-credit scene.

So the murder weapon was a wrist weight in a sock as a blackjack, probably metal or ceramic and not the sand type if it made that sharp thud noise as it fell. If I were her, I'd just use some coins instead and then spend them in a vending machine, or some rocks lying around, as some other previous episode culprits have done in the past...no need to reinvent the wheel.

I'm glad that Tsukishima guy got what was coming to him. Countless streamers/content creators will do anything for views, and especially those who endanger people's lives deserve to go to straight to hell for that. However one thing that I never really understood is how the victims always somehow come up with elaborate dying messages, as they're dying and probably hyped up on adrenaline trying to survive, rather than already resigning to their fate and thinking up ways to express words through symbols. Maybe I'm just an idiot with low IQ. The first blow to the head probably disoriented him, opening him up for subsequent strikes. But if that's the case, how did he come up with that complicated dying message with that brain trauma? If he did have enough left in him to think fast while being hit, you'd think he would be able to at least try to counterattack with a tackle or something by taking advantage of his larger frame over Yumi who is naturally shorter and skinnier than he is.

As for the culprit Nakata Yumi, I don't think her hair was long enough to even pull off wrapping a wristweight into a bun. The reason why I say this is because my own hair is the same length as hers when she lets it down, and the best I can do is a small ponytail...a low one at that. I think her hair would need to be at least double in length; medium hair to pull that off, putting the size of the bun aside. If the bun was worn lower, then I can maybe see it happening, but her bun was worn at the top of her head, which would have needed more length by a few more inches. Whatever, I'm just nitpicking here.

The post-credit scene at the secret base wsa very bittersweet. RIP Hiro.
May 18, 10:33 PM

Jul 2008
So he knowingly posed his body before dying...that's unrealistic to say the least.
May 19, 6:04 AM
Mar 2018
So, it was indeed a Japanese characters mystery. Of course, I didn't solve it, but I'm still happy I was able to narrow down the suspects to the two women thanks to last week's clue.

Unfortunately, because the case was so quick, and they only introduced the comatose girl earlier in the episode, I wasn't emotionally invested in the solving of the case. The after-credits scene was another story. Hiromitsu's message to Misao brought tears to my eyes. :')
May 23, 1:40 AM

Dec 2010
I almost teared up at that post credit scene... so weird. Maybe because I like the Nagano inspectors.

Hiroooo. Then you dig up what happened to him, pretty tragic (thus the camera zoom on Conan in the end, cuz Conan knows)
Jun 7, 10:26 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Cool!
The posthumous message and the trick was nice!!!
The message under the sign was emotive!!!
kekeke

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 247 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Feb 13, 2010

13 by BladeX05 »»
Yesterday, 9:19 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1125 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jun 1

5 by Ranxomare »»
Yesterday, 8:43 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1126 Discussion

hai_X_is - Jun 8

6 by teraphIl1000 »»
Yesterday, 5:10 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 238 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 1, 2012

16 by BladeX05 »»
Jun 8, 12:43 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 426 Discussion

pending_deletion - Dec 3, 2013

4 by InfinityDude88 »»
Jun 7, 5:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.