Forum Settings
Forums

Is there a way to watch subbed versions of other langrages?

New
May 15, 4:10 AM

Nov 2023
Besides the Japanese sub Is there any way to watch other langrage subbed? I wanted to watch Manwha adaptations in the korean or even rewatching some of my favs in Spanish French or even Russian. but only could find Japanese / english versions of it, i don't speak any of the langrage so it would be cool to have english subtitles

Also to clear up some confusion its " non-Japanese, non-English audio with English subtitles.
for example, Steins;Gate in French audio with English subtitles"
Ratris_DecisionMay 16, 5:42 AM
May 15, 5:46 AM

Apr 2024
Try looking for "Soft subtitles"

Soft subs means the subtitles aren't written directly onto the video. They are like YouTube captions that can be toggled on or off with some having a few languages available.
May 15, 6:32 AM
May 2012
Try searching on sites like OpenSubtitles, download the .srt type sub file or any kind of sub file and ask chatgpt or google translate to translate it, once translated drag it onto VLC.
If you have the anime file and it is a soft sub you can also use mkvtoolnix gui portable (MKVExtractGui-2 Portable) to extract the subtitle track in your chosen language and proceed with chatgpt or google translate to translate it and throw it back into VLC.
May 15, 6:46 AM

Sep 2016
Netflix has subtitles in different languages, I suppose other legal streaming services have as well.
There is also Erai-raws whose releases have different subtitle languages.
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 15, 6:57 AM

Nov 2023
Reply to Zarutaku
Netflix has subtitles in different languages, I suppose other legal streaming services have as well.
There is also Erai-raws whose releases have different subtitle languages.
@Zarutaku Nah its the other way around,

English Sub on anime that is in a different dub
May 15, 7:04 AM

Sep 2016
Reply to Ratris_Decision

@Ratris_Decision Netflix and other legal streaming services usually have all available audio languages, otherwise maybe ToonsHub releases.
ZarutakuMay 15, 7:08 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
May 15, 8:06 AM

Feb 2016
Reply to Ratris_Decision

@Ratris_Decision
Some fansubbers translate from languages other than Japanese. Lunlun is a noteworthy example, fully subbed with French audio.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/2230/Hana_no_Ko_Lunlun
その目だれの目?
May 15, 12:20 PM

Oct 2017
Crunchyroll has some alternative language subtitle tracks for some shows. I remember jokingly switching Jojo Golden Wind to Italian subs as a teeanger but that was like years ago
This post is brought to you by your local transfem gamer goblin. Will not tolerate bigotry and will fight against "anti-woke" sentiment to make the anime community a safer place.
May 15, 6:50 PM

Nov 2019
You can try searching for MULTI SUB on google or youtube you'll often find vid players with options to change subs
May 15, 7:50 PM

Nov 2011
@LSSJ_Gaming @ST63LTH what OP meant is animation in non-Japanese, non-English audio with English subtitles.
for example, Steins;Gate in French audio with English subtitles (assuming, of course, a french dub actually exists)

i know some streaming services offer Korean dubs of certain anime. However, said streaming services are either region-locked or require a credit card issued in Korea, or both. There are a few children's anime on Youtube dubbed in Korean, but no English subs. I suspect the same is generally true for other languages as well.

You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
May 16, 11:45 AM

Dec 2015
Many of other countries have their own illegal sites with subs/dubs as they might not be official, ex. Polish,
Polish dub is quite rare and so far I know only in Netflix, stuff like Cyberpunk, Romantic Killer, Kakegurui etc.
May 17, 2:27 PM

Jul 2013
If you can read English, why bother with subtitles in other languages??

More topics from this board

» Would you watch AI anime? ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Yesterday

71 by OmegaMilo »»
2 minutes ago

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

28 by FanofAction »»
10 minutes ago

» Did you know people who have only 200 completed anime but more than 100 days are--

LenRea - 8 hours ago

35 by Hikinekomori »»
24 minutes ago

» Blu-ray is an outdated metric, Streaming services are the new standard

removed-user - Yesterday

38 by ColourWheel »»
33 minutes ago

» Love at first sight XD ( 1 2 3 4 )

kirAth-shiAue - Mar 24, 2007

166 by WatchTillTandava »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.