Forum Settings
Forums

Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 14, 9:20 AM

May 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Anjuro I’m currently learning French and thought once I’m done with it I’ll start Japanese so I’ll def put the advice in my head cause … it’s Japanese lol
Thanks a lot ;)
@Yonahim_Zz Oof, you're already learning french ? XD Might be a bit much to learn Japanese on top of that. Japanese is much harder than many of the common European languages, partly because of the kanji but also partly because of the fact that the language is likely going to be very different from your native language. If you want to master it that's practically a life commitment but yeah you could probably get to a conversational level within 3 years maybe? depends on your drive.

All I am saying is remember that famous adage about the 2 hares, if you chase both you'll end up catching neither.
May 14, 9:23 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Anjuro
@Yonahim_Zz Oof, you're already learning french ? XD Might be a bit much to learn Japanese on top of that. Japanese is much harder than many of the common European languages, partly because of the kanji but also partly because of the fact that the language is likely going to be very different from your native language. If you want to master it that's practically a life commitment but yeah you could probably get to a conversational level within 3 years maybe? depends on your drive.

All I am saying is remember that famous adage about the 2 hares, if you chase both you'll end up catching neither.
@Anjuro no no I said that I’d like to learn Japanese AFTER I finish learning what I can from French
I already speak Arabic , English and intermediate level of French
And hoping to add Japanese to them ! I love languages a lot hehe
Yonahim_ZzMay 14, 9:26 AM
May 14, 9:30 AM

May 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Anjuro no no I said that I’d like to learn Japanese AFTER I finish learning what I can from French
I already speak Arabic , English and intermediate level of French
And hoping to add Japanese to them ! I love languages a lot hehe
@Yonahim_Zz Ehm well, but learning a language never really ends does it? I also speak 4 languages (Greek, Finnish, English and Japanese) and I can confidently tell you have to choose which ones you are going to upkeep. Sure you can learn the basics and move on to the next thing but I was talking about the long game, what happens in 10 years from when you "stopped" learning French? At that point either you have forgotten a good chunk of it and chosen to focus on Japanese or vice versa. Well I don't know maybe you are megamind and you can do it all but for me I couldn't do it, my Greek is pretty much on life support since I started learning Japanese.
May 14, 10:10 AM
Mar 2017
Reply to Anjuro
@Yonahim_Zz Ehm well, but learning a language never really ends does it? I also speak 4 languages (Greek, Finnish, English and Japanese) and I can confidently tell you have to choose which ones you are going to upkeep. Sure you can learn the basics and move on to the next thing but I was talking about the long game, what happens in 10 years from when you "stopped" learning French? At that point either you have forgotten a good chunk of it and chosen to focus on Japanese or vice versa. Well I don't know maybe you are megamind and you can do it all but for me I couldn't do it, my Greek is pretty much on life support since I started learning Japanese.
@Anjuro oh well to simply put it , I know that learning a language never ends but what I want is to just speak them as much as possible, I’ll for sure keep on learning new words and so on from time to time , I don’t only learn them and stop
I speak Arabic and English on a daily basis and that’s never gonna change , same thing will happen with French since I’m practicing it daily , I would even speak it with my family lol

As for Japanese , that’s my passion language lol , I would love to watch anime without much subtitles in the future and it’s a really kawaii language and suits my vocals so all the signs are there telling me to learn it hehe , hopefully in 3 years I’ll began my joy with it!

Also greece is one of my favorite countries so lucky you speak it ! For me Greece is the country of love lol ( the Greek mythologie lol )
May 14, 10:26 AM

May 2020
Reply to Yonahim_Zz
@Anjuro oh well to simply put it , I know that learning a language never ends but what I want is to just speak them as much as possible, I’ll for sure keep on learning new words and so on from time to time , I don’t only learn them and stop
I speak Arabic and English on a daily basis and that’s never gonna change , same thing will happen with French since I’m practicing it daily , I would even speak it with my family lol

As for Japanese , that’s my passion language lol , I would love to watch anime without much subtitles in the future and it’s a really kawaii language and suits my vocals so all the signs are there telling me to learn it hehe , hopefully in 3 years I’ll began my joy with it!

Also greece is one of my favorite countries so lucky you speak it ! For me Greece is the country of love lol ( the Greek mythologie lol )
@Yonahim_Zz Haha, well I am getting the feeling that you are a bit of a language nerd so maybe you'll be alright. You know, my family is Greek so you would think it would be easy to stay profficient right? But the thing is, the vocabulary you use in daily conversation is so small, if you don't live somewhere where the language is spoken and you don't read or practice your vocabulary will start to deteriorate. I haven't written Greek in almost a decade now, I don't even wanna think about that.

Japanese was my passion language too, I specifically took a year off to learn it before starting university. I studied and studied, at one point I literally got sick from overworking myself and I still wanted to study XD I kept pushing and pushing, eventually I could read Light novels with the help of a dictionary, and then I got complacent for a few years, I focused on other things, and when I came back you know, its not like I forgot everything, but I forgot a lot of things, and it's not like I stopped using Japanese, I was still reading manga and watching anime, but I wasn't putting in extra effort to study. It was back to studying if I wanted to pick up that Light novel again, or to play the newest dragon quest in Japanese.

All this is to say, even your native language is not safe, if you don't work at it it's only going to get worse and worse, I hope you're prepared to put some serious work in if you plan to stay fluent in 4 languages :)
May 14, 10:32 AM

Dec 2019
Yeah literally with Gintama during the final arc
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» How would your girl handle it?

SgtBateMan - 7 minutes ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
4 minutes ago

» Can you suggest some anime that would be great to watch with a girl-friend

Gashadokur0 - 2 hours ago

16 by xqXpx »»
5 minutes ago

» What is your "Unlikeliest" Anime

Ratris_Decision - 26 minutes ago

2 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
12 minutes ago

» Who is your Favorite Waifu in Pokémon?

Jackof-allspades - 6 hours ago

24 by Loyal_Sheepling »»
23 minutes ago

Poll: » Will Wit Studio be more successful in money for the next 5 years?

GoatPieceLuffy - 2 hours ago

4 by Piromysl »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.