Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 3, 4:48 AM

Jan 2018
Bon messing around with his new time patrol gear in the beginning was pretty funny. At least they acknowledged that even if they can erase people's memories there is still surveillance footage to worry about. Wonder how they got rid of it.

Compressed learning is super convenient. Wish a tech like that existed. Nobody would ever need to go to school again.

Bon became a master time patroller pretty fast after that. Them saving that ancient man was pretty cool.

So, the reason why Bon was a historically significant person is that he indirectly saved a kid's life who'd indirectly save the world from WW3 in the future. I guess an average dude like him can't be some amazing inventor.

This episode also confirms that Bon is from 2024. Interesting. Since Ream is from 2056 it means she's from 32 years into the future. The first chapter of T.P Bon was published in 1978. If the year difference was the same then it means originally Ream was from the year 2010. That's crazy.

This reminds me of one episode from Kiteretsu (which is a series that took place probably in the 80's) that showed the "futuristic" year of 2012. I think I first watched that episode around 2013 or 2014 so seeing that year pop up and the episode showing many futuristic things was a bizarre experience.

I believe the current Doraemon series also takes place in the present. At some point, we're gonna be in the 22nd century and Doraemon will have to be rewritten to be from the 24th century or something. Doraemon is a timeless masterpiece and I have no doubt people will keep watching it in the foreseeable future.

Idk what akebi is but the ending implies he turned a common fruit into an exotic one.

This was a nice episode. Wonder what will happen next.
0451May 4, 11:13 PM
May 3, 5:42 AM
Apr 2024
0451 said:
Bon messing around with his new time patrol gear in the beginning was pretty funny. At least they acknowledged that even if they can erase people's memories there is still surveillance footage to worry about. Wonder how they got rid of it.

Compressed learning is super convenient. Wish a tech like that existed. Nobody would ever need to go to school again.

Bon became a master time patroller pretty fast after that. Them saving that ancient man was pretty cool.

So, the reason why Bon was a historically significant person is that he indirectly saved a kid's life who'd indirectly save the world from WW3 in the future. I guess an average dude like him can't be some amazing inventor.

Idk what akebi is but the ending implies he turned a common fruit into an exotic one.

the ending implies that even though something changed, the outcome was the same. He got to eat akebi anyway but in a different way. This is a reoccurring theme in fujiko mangas with time traveling (it's also the reason why Sewashi still exists after sending Doraemon back in time. One of this successors will end up marrying with Jian's bloodline anyway). Even though this wasn't in the manga (akebi "stopped" existing in japan in the original) , they faithfully added it by using other Fujiko works as a reference. Other adaptions of Fujiko's work also do this. Nobita's new dinosaur movie is heavily inspired by TP Bon
May 3, 6:29 AM

Jan 2018
RecallMyName said:
0451 said:

the ending implies that even though something changed, the outcome was the same. He got to eat akebi anyway but in a different way. This is a reoccurring theme in fujiko mangas with time traveling (it's also the reason why Sewashi still exists after sending Doraemon back in time. One of this successors will end up marrying with Jian's bloodline anyway). Even though this wasn't in the manga (akebi "stopped" existing in japan in the original) , they faithfully added it by using other Fujiko works as a reference. Other adaptions of Fujiko's work also do this. Nobita's new dinosaur movie is heavily inspired by TP Bon

I see. I didn’t think about it that way.

It’s been ages since I watched Nobita's Dinosaur. Do you think the new one is worth watching?
May 3, 7:03 AM
Apr 2024
Reply to 0451
RecallMyName said:
0451 said:

I see. I didn’t think about it that way.

It’s been ages since I watched Nobita's Dinosaur. Do you think the new one is worth watching?
@0451 if you like doraemon and tp bon, of course. It's like a cross-over. An element introduced in ep.9 even appears. The birth of Japan one which is written by fujiko f fujio himself is also very similar to tp bon
May 28, 6:05 PM
Mar 2019
They still interfere with time when it suits.

More topics from this board

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 8 Discussion

RecallMyName - May 2

7 by cat_xd »»
Aug 31, 10:34 PM

» The interview

RecallMyName - Aug 11

2 by RecallMyName »»
Aug 11, 9:36 PM

» Season 2 is out

RecallMyName - Jul 17

5 by TrekkieNoob »»
Jul 20, 12:31 AM

» Episode Count

Baka_Ichigo - Jun 13

9 by 0451 »»
Jul 11, 10:29 AM

Poll: » T.P BON Episode 1 Discussion

DatRandomDude - May 2

15 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Jun 18, 6:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.