Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 1, 12:44 PM
Apr 2022
Hey, isnt it weird how Darkness behaves this season?
What is it? Does it make any sense or is she just completely out of character? I feel like she is a completely different character, like she isnt even Darkness. What do you think?

-afternote: post number 17 explained that to me the best. I kinda get it now.
spinjitsumaestroMay 2, 5:08 AM
May 1, 12:51 PM
Dec 2021
I noticed the same. She definitely feels out of character most of the time.

May 1, 12:57 PM

Feb 2019
Would that not be because of she's in the capital where she is basically representing her House's name so her family's name and reputation are at stake.
The line below is True.
The line above is False.
May 1, 1:06 PM
Jul 2023
Darkness is in the capital and she’s expected to act like a noble. She’s also constantly uncomfortable because she hates this place
May 1, 1:15 PM
Apr 2022
Hesmiyu said:
Would that not be because of she's in the capital where she is basically representing her House's name so her family's name and reputation are at stake.

yea but for example when She acts sadistically against kazuma (when He Is tied up in the kitchen), She do so in private (or She thinks she does).
May 1, 1:15 PM

Jul 2015
It's almost like there was an entire scene of her saying that they need to act properly in front of royality or heads will roll.

May 1, 1:17 PM
Apr 2022
Piromysl said:
It's almost like there was an entire scene of her saying that they need to act properly in front of royality or heads will roll.

yea but She acts weird even in private. And She isnt excited about Battle at all (Battle where She can experience pain)
May 1, 1:23 PM

Aug 2014
spinjitsumaestro said:
Piromysl said:

yea but She acts weird even in private. And She isnt excited about Battle at all (Battle where She can experience pain)

I think you are too deep into something weird. She isn't being an adventurer right now, she is behaving as a royalty so ofc she won't be your usual masochistic meat shield because that will not end up well for her and others when she is in the capital with all the other royal families, etc.
May 1, 1:30 PM
Apr 2022
GTRaijin said:
spinjitsumaestro said:

I think you are too deep into something weird. She isn't being an adventurer right now, she is behaving as a royalty so ofc she won't be your usual masochistic meat shield because that will not end up well for her and others when she is in the capital with all the other royal families, etc.

May 1, 1:32 PM

Aug 2014
spinjitsumaestro said:
GTRaijin said:

Ok, now you can't even make proper sentences, just copy-pasting same thing. Seems like a bot.
May 1, 1:33 PM
Apr 2022
GTRaijin said:
spinjitsumaestro said:

Ok, now you can't even make proper sentences, just copy-pasting same thing. Seems like a bot.

i just dont think that you really answered mě
May 1, 1:34 PM

Aug 2014
spinjitsumaestro said:
GTRaijin said:

I and other people here literally did. If you don't understand, that's your problem.
May 1, 1:37 PM
Apr 2022
GTRaijin said:
spinjitsumaestro said:

I and other people here literally did. If you don't understand, that's your problem.

You didnt answered why She behaves weird in private. also why isnt She excited fór a paindul Battle. i mean... She was Always pretending that She wanta to fight to protect others And not to feel pain.Why isnt She excited in her inner voice at least... Its weird
May 1, 1:46 PM
Nov 2018
You have a public life and a private life. I'm pretty sure you act differently in each one. There's a side you don't want to seen and you know to behave when certain people are around.
May 1, 1:48 PM
Jun 2020
We are just meeting her non-masochist side. She is more than pure masochism.
May 1, 1:51 PM

Sep 2018
Among nobles she tries to be proper due to her title, but outside there she acts a lot more casually.
May 1, 3:47 PM
Jul 2022
spinjitsumaestro said:
GTRaijin said:

She's on edge because she knows the situation she's in. You don't just slip in and out of public and private mode because you have a moment of peace. She's on edge even in private because she realises the others aren't taking it seriously. The best way to but it is that she is stressed and that is something that takes a while to build up and even longer to cool down. The sadism is probably just a build up of that stress resulting in her wanting revenge.

Honestly, this is the first time in a while that I've felt Darkness is on the same level as the others because her comedy isn't just one dimensional. I did feel like she was being left behind a little bit.
May 1, 4:59 PM
Jul 2021
the first moments in time darkness seems like a normal person
May 1, 5:10 PM

Apr 2021
cuz she is a noble, and they are addressing the royal family, it really aint that deep...
May 1, 5:12 PM
Hello Everynyan

May 2022
Nah, Kazuma is the one that is out of character. He is becoming more narcissistic and useless. The other characters just compensated.

He is not even relatable anymore

May 1, 5:37 PM

Aug 2023
She has TWO-mode and she can switch either ONE-mode only.
- Royal-mode (when they're in castle/royal quests, where she's polite and act "leadership" in front of the public)
- Masochist-mode (when they're in travelling-mode/holiday/hunting especially during fighting where she loves being "abused" by the enemies)

Since these four episodes mostly highlight about the Princess/Royal and quests, so she's in Royal-mode..

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
May 1, 5:59 PM

Aug 2019
spinjitsumaestro said:
Hey, isnt it weird how Darkness behaves this season?

She is reliable, she doesnt show any signs of masochism and most disturbingly she even behaved like a sadist in episode four.
What is it? Does it make any sense or is she just completely out of character? I feel like she is a completely different character, like she isnt even Darkness. What do you think?

She's not out of character. She's the daughter of an high ranking noble and the people are really important to her. She's not going to goof around when it comes to politics.
There are other stuff affecting her, but those are going to be revealed soon so keep watching.
May 1, 8:21 PM
Dec 2022
spinjitsumaestro said:
GTRaijin said:

You didnt answered why She behaves weird in private. also why isnt She excited fór a paindul Battle. i mean... She was Always pretending that She wanta to fight to protect others And not to feel pain.Why isnt She excited in her inner voice at least... Its weird

just fucken weight, till the next ep bro you'll see her true colours.
Yeshaiah2015yeshMay 1, 8:24 PM
May 1, 9:35 PM
Nov 2023
she's trying to put on a face since she's with the nobles, who expect her to act a certain way. come on guys, it's not that hard
May 1, 9:48 PM
Jan 2024
She was acting same until Iris showed up that maid scene literally exist.
Also she and Megumin just found the opportunity to punish Kazuma after he put her through a lot and she have to constantly save his back. If anything Darkness have been the best character so far this season
May 1, 10:08 PM
Apr 2022
El_Matador874 said:
spinjitsumaestro said:

She's on edge because she knows the situation she's in. You don't just slip in and out of public and private mode because you have a moment of peace. She's on edge even in private because she realises the others aren't taking it seriously. The best way to but it is that she is stressed and that is something that takes a while to build up and even longer to cool down. The sadism is probably just a build up of that stress resulting in her wanting revenge.

Honestly, this is the first time in a while that I've felt Darkness is on the same level as the others because her comedy isn't just one dimensional. I did feel like she was being left behind a little bit.

that one makes sense. thanks.
May 2, 2:35 AM

Jul 2015
spinjitsumaestro said:
Piromysl said:

Pretty sure she will keep up the act as long as they are within the palace grounds.

May 3, 8:48 AM
Jun 2021
It might seem that way, but I think what makes it seem a bit more odd isn't the switch-up itself. It's that there was so much time between the movie and season 3 that even though it was a more smooth transition in the LNs, it just seems more jarring in the anime.

People know one thing for years and then that one thing is suddenly something else VS People knowing one thing and that thing VERY slowly turning into something else
May 4, 6:37 PM

Apr 2018
Yeah, Darkness's behavior does seem a bit different this season

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 22

114 by ineser »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 15

178 by Pre_Yum »»
Yesterday, 3:11 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 8

160 by SneezinRhino »»
Yesterday, 12:41 AM

» Darkness hasn't been as slutty this season.

Rally- - May 19

19 by MRD_Crowe »»
May 23, 6:27 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 3 Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - May 1

123 by Probably_Panda »»
May 22, 3:53 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.