Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 25, 1:01 AM

Nov 2021
They kinda dropped the ball with conveying the very scheming Yuan Caiwei. It felt so rushed, believe it has to do with the disconnected plotlines and events. Had a little look at the novel and it looks like the adaptation did ok till the Mount Tai cauldron gathering. Many plotlines and characters had been skipped and changed after that. Like Yuan Caiwei had many more interactions with her charm power. Hero Ju Taiheng, who clearly put his hand out of the dirt pile grave was supposed to do things. And Zou Yang didn't go out this way, definitely not this early.

Aside from the quite messy plot it was a decent watch, they just had to give Yuan Caiwei more screentime to make the plot coherent and to actually show her character development. 6/10
zongxinaApr 25, 6:46 AM
Expert Donghua & Ice Cream Connoisseur
May 17, 8:03 PM

May 2018
That felt really incomplete. I hope there's a 2nd season.

"Are you intoxicated, or just insane?"
May 19, 6:44 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to zongxina
They kinda dropped the ball with conveying the very scheming Yuan Caiwei. It felt so rushed, believe it has to do with the disconnected plotlines and events. Had a little look at the novel and it looks like the adaptation did ok till the Mount Tai cauldron gathering. Many plotlines and characters had been skipped and changed after that. Like Yuan Caiwei had many more interactions with her charm power. Hero Ju Taiheng, who clearly put his hand out of the dirt pile grave was supposed to do things. And Zou Yang didn't go out this way, definitely not this early.

Aside from the quite messy plot it was a decent watch, they just had to give Yuan Caiwei more screentime to make the plot coherent and to actually show her character development. 6/10
@zongxina Exactly, Just binged from episode 10 - 18 and it was so obvious the pacing was terrible, even without reading the LN it's so obvious...

Really enjoyed from episode 1 - 9 when I watched it.

But this ruined it for me, also gave it a 6/10 overall....

Don't know if they'll continue, because I feel donghua aren't usually rushed except in events of cancellation
May 19, 6:44 AM
Sep 2017
Reply to zongxina

@zongxina Exactly, Just binged from episode 10 - 18 and it was so obvious the pacing was terrible, even without reading the LN it's so obvious...

Really enjoyed from episode 1 - 9 when I watched it.

But this ruined it for me, also gave it a 6/10 overall....

Don't know if they'll continue, because I feel donghua aren't usually rushed except in events of cancellation
May 23, 1:51 PM
Mar 2019
Got to 15 episodes and lost interest in finishing, but i did anyhow.
Bets are on Caiwei still being Evil, just using everyone to get what she wants.
Really didn't care anymore, but i likes the beginning episodes.
Jun 5, 10:20 PM
Oct 2019
best part about this show (season) is that it's over

the second half of the season was just awful. a complete mess

they set it up for a season 2 but i have zero interest. it was hard enough finishing this season

a shame, because it was interesting in the first half. not great or anything, but decent. and second half just erased everything that was good about it
Jun 18, 2:43 PM
Oct 2020
Does caiwei become evil slowly and it is not shown well in the donghua or am I missing something and she was evil from the start or is she not evil and i am misunderstanding.If she was evil from the start is it shown in the donghua ?Also does caiwei like the time stopping guy?Also I am confused about the weird interactions between caiwei and rou.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bu Xing Si: Yuan Qi Episode 17 Discussion

bushman66 - May 23

0 by bushman66 »»
May 23, 1:48 PM

Poll: » Bu Xing Si: Yuan Qi Episode 16 Discussion

bushman66 - May 23

0 by bushman66 »»
May 23, 1:42 PM

Poll: » Bu Xing Si: Yuan Qi Episode 15 Discussion

HagePotPotato - Apr 25

2 by HagePotPotato »»
Apr 26, 8:36 PM

Poll: » Bu Xing Si: Yuan Qi Episode 5 Discussion

bushman66 - Apr 23

1 by Northstar01 »»
Apr 26, 11:46 AM

Poll: » Bu Xing Si: Yuan Qi Episode 4 Discussion

bushman66 - Apr 23

1 by Northstar01 »»
Apr 26, 9:52 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.