Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 24, 10:56 AM
Aug 2022
Firstly I'm referring to wanting to find more shows involving showbiz and drama/idols with emotional moments. I don't mind if it involves romance or gl/bl. This show has made me realise I love drama shows like this.

and before you say it I've already watched oshi no ko

Thanks in advance
Apr 24, 11:03 AM
May 2023
I’d say (all) the idolm@ster series is a good place to start
Apr 24, 11:57 AM
Jul 2021
Would Heroines Run the Show work for you? Might be a little more slice of life, but there is definitely drama, especially towards the end of the season. It’s about an athletic girl that moves to the big city that needs to get a job to sustain herself, and the job she gets is as a helper/manager of two male idols that happen to be in her class, who don’t like each other. Also. She isn’t an idol fan and has no idea who they are beforehand. I liked it a lot.
There was also that show on hidive where a deceased idol posses the body of a male idol that doesn’t really care, but she still does and still wants to show love to the fans. I only saw an episode though. Edit: this one is called Phantom of the Idol!
Skip Beat! is another show in showbiz that at least starts with a bunch of drama.
And then Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night which is currently coming out this season is turning out to be pretty drama and emotion filled and has some idol and singing elements.
justhuman22Apr 24, 12:01 PM
Apr 24, 12:03 PM

May 2015
There's a specific tag you can search through https://myanimelist.net/anime/genre/75/Showbiz
Apr 24, 12:16 PM
Aug 2022
SenshadouOtaku said:
I’d say (all) the idolm@ster series is a good place to start

I’ll check it out at some point thanks
Apr 24, 12:17 PM
Aug 2022
justhuman22 said:
Would Heroines Run the Show work for you? Might be a little more slice of life, but there is definitely drama, especially towards the end of the season. It’s about an athletic girl that moves to the big city that needs to get a job to sustain herself, and the job she gets is as a helper/manager of two male idols that happen to be in her class, who don’t like each other. Also. She isn’t an idol fan and has no idea who they are beforehand. I liked it a lot.
There was also that show on hidive where a deceased idol posses the body of a male idol that doesn’t really care, but she still does and still wants to show love to the fans. I only saw an episode though. Edit: this one is called Phantom of the Idol!
Skip Beat! is another show in showbiz that at least starts with a bunch of drama.
And then Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night which is currently coming out this season is turning out to be pretty drama and emotion filled and has some idol and singing elements.

I’ll definitely check them out, slice of life is fine for me too.

I’m not watching jellyfish can’t swim in the night this season and really like it

Thanks
Apr 24, 2:48 PM
May 2023
Trapezium is also gonna come out soon
Apr 25, 4:49 PM

Aug 2022
Act-Age follows the journey of a young aspiring actress. Though sadly the series was discontinued after its author was arrested.
Apr 25, 4:59 PM

Mar 2021
Non-animated works that are not in the show business tag.

https://myanimelist.net/manga/104080/Matinee_to_Soiree

Apr 27, 1:38 PM

Sep 2020
Sore ga Seiyuu is very underrated in my opinion and gives a great representation of the seiyuu job business.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17

39 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26

48 by TechOtaku »»
Aug 25, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Aug 2, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

81 by TurnipFan »»
Jul 26, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

28 by kitoha »»
Jul 21, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.