Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 22, 12:11 PM
Feb 2023
Kuramaa94 said:
Shinsekai Yori and maybe Summertime Render

I have not watched the first one but i have watched summertime rendering and it’s not even similar
Apr 22, 2:24 PM
Mar 2019
DEKU_77 said:
Kuramaa94 said:
Shinsekai Yori and maybe Summertime Render

I have not watched the first one but i have watched summertime rendering and it’s not even similar

That's why i said "maybe", because personally, both Tengoku and Summertime have such a great and unique story they had a huge similar impact on me. Those are two of the best anime that was released in the last few years, in my opinion.
Apr 22, 3:18 PM
Apr 2023
Girl Last Tour (no joke)
Apr 22, 3:55 PM

Jan 2016
Chimelie said:
Houseki no Kuni - bunch of sentient gems fighting against things that shatter them to make weapons. Not necessarily post-apocolyptic but there are some “the world has ended” undertones from the absence of people (except for one). Some mystery as well
Shoujo Shuumetsu Ryouku - post apocylyptic, character-driven about two girls in a tank. But more of a SoL
Sonny Boy and Mononoke (not Princess Mononoke) are also pretty good in this category of more serious mystery-oriented/character-driven shows

Huge vouch for Sonny Boy, it gives the same kinda special feeling that Heavenly Delusion does. Both are also unparalleled when it comes to visual storytelling

If you’re looking for another mystery series that expertly weaves its twist into hidden details as the show progresses, check out Odd Taxi and maybe Steins;Gate (or 20th Century Boys if you’re down to read a manga)
Apr 22, 3:57 PM

Jan 2016
ohsc_864 said:
Salvaged said:
I just finished this, what I would call a potential masterpiece with how good it was so far ...now I'm looking for similar anime, please consider taking the time to look over my watched animes, and recommend something else I may enjoy subbed or dubbed. Thank you :)

Moriarty The Patriot.

I’m curious, why do you think this show and Moriarty are similar? I don’t think that’s the case at all. They both touch upon the action and mystery genres, but in much different ways
Apr 22, 4:10 PM
Mar 2023
k0rvus said:
ohsc_864 said:

Moriarty The Patriot.

I’m curious, why do you think this show and Moriarty are similar? I don’t think that’s the case at all. They both touch upon the action and mystery genres, but in much different ways

I thought about recommending an anime based on the genre, since the story and style of Tengoku are quite unique. However, if he enjoyed Tengoku, Moriarty The Patriot should be something he likes, as it's simply a great anime.
Apr 22, 6:36 PM
Aug 2023
If you enjoyed the tokio half of the story then I think it’s very very similar to a promised never land. but I’d read the manga because they butchered the anime.
Apr 22, 6:56 PM

Mar 2016
If you liked the supernatural mystery/ suspense aspect of Tengoku Daimakyo, I think you would like:
★ Link Click.
★ xXxHolic.
★ Durarara.
★ Bungou Stray Dogs.
★ Summertime Render.
Apr 22, 9:20 PM
Aug 2023
Made in abyss no doubt
Apr 22, 9:22 PM
Aug 2023
killohatesusall said:
Made in abyss no doubt

Wait nvm you already watched it. Try reading Houseki no kuni manga
Apr 22, 9:43 PM
Apr 2024
Arthorias2aa said:
Its not exactly the same type, but it is similar in some aspects. A story about a boy and a girl in a strange world going to point A to B and discovering the world around them. Im talking about Made in Abyss.

After watching Tengoku i immediately started watching Made In Abyss, I think they do have some similarities likes switches in expectations sometimes but still just prefer Tengoku for some reason
Apr 23, 12:59 AM
Nov 2020
personally i liked heavenly delusion so much because its the exact same concept as The Promised Neverland (a 10/10 anime for me)

i know they totally ruined the second season (on purpose for people to read the manga) but if u liked heavenly then go watch the promised neverland FIRST SEASON its only 12 episodes and u can chiise to either read manga or just leave it at that
Apr 23, 2:52 AM
Dec 2021
I will recommend you some Animes that I don't think anyone else would recommend you
1 - terror in resonance
2 - Sonny boy
3 - ping pong the animation
4 - parasite
my personal favourite anime is mob phycho 100
Apr 23, 3:16 AM

Sep 2016
If what you like is the apocalyptic setting mixed with some comedy and drama, then maybe Zom 100.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/54112/Zom_100__Zombie_ni_Naru_made_ni_Shitai_100_no_Koto
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Apr 23, 9:32 AM
Sep 2022
promised neverland
Apr 23, 6:48 PM
Jun 2023
VIVY is a bit similar you could watch it to
Apr 23, 8:09 PM
Oct 2022
Salvaged said:
@SakuraCosmos I started this today as per your recommendation, and I am really enjoying it. Thank you :)

I will check out every single recommendation, thank you everyone

Happy to help (^_^;) and glad to know that you're enjoying it (⌒_⌒;)
Apr 23, 11:29 PM
Apr 2023
Salvaged said:
@J2C i appreciate you taking the time to reply, and I don't think it's a bad anime I just don't think it's for me...unless it gets dramatically different, I made it to episode 8 of 86.

86 does have somewhat of a change in theme and tone once you get later into the season(when the author finishes ‘trimming the fat’ if you will) but you’re right that it never really adopts a similar tone to heavenly delusion, though it does have a sort of similar theme of hope and moving on
Apr 24, 4:52 AM
Nov 2021
Shinsekai Yori

It’s a dystopian world that makes you think and has great twists. Gives me a similar deal to Heavenly Delusions or Psycho-Pass. It’s pacing is mediocre and animation is inconsistent but if you are looking for a really interesting world with twists that will make you question things then it is worth it. Also the last like 10-ish episodes are incredible, probably near perfect in terms of storytelling.
Apr 24, 4:53 AM

Jun 2019
I actually think that the currently airing seasonal Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? (English title - Train to the End of the World) is more similar to it than most other things I've seen.

Similar post-apocalyptic setting (not similar causes - just similar in that it's also a post-apocalypse), similar dynamic of a few friends traveling through a wrecked, chaotic, unpredictable landscape (except four instead of two - four girls instead of a boy and a girl), similar large sense of mystery always looming in the background, similar mixture of some drama and comedy.

I've seen a few others mention Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, and this is an excellent anime and also one of the closer ones to it that I've seen, but I still think it's a little further away compared to something like Shuumatsu Train Doko e Iku? (despite having two traveling main characters also, similar to at least the Maru and Kiruko portion of Tengoku Daimakyou in that respect). Because it's much more of a Slice of Life, iyashikei, slower-paced and more quiet, contemplative/meditative, more philosophical, and going for a certain aesthetic.
Apr 24, 4:19 PM

Jun 2017
Not sure why, but I kinda want to say Darling in the franXX?
It just had a similar mix of cute moments, mystery and some more eerie strange moments (also takes place in an ish apocalyptic world)
Not everyone's favourite but I personally remember enjoying it
Meline0102Apr 24, 4:29 PM
Apr 24, 11:43 PM
Nov 2022
Yakusoku no Neverland 🤭✨️
Apr 25, 5:34 PM

Mar 2008
Kino's Journey (2003 version) it has a sort of mysterious vibe to it and involves a lot of traveling and running into strange people and places.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Looking for anime with Dystopian setting

Schlecka - Jun 2

6 by bellingsince05 »»
47 minutes ago

» anime similar to demon slayer

dollgender - Yesterday

7 by JoeChip »»
2 hours ago

» recommend me anime different from what i like or hidden gems of any genre

1darling - Jun 4

12 by H_Castaigne »»
5 hours ago

» "Ashita No Joe" or "Hajime no Ippo"

Inter_anime - Jun 4

5 by AnimeDownUnder »»
9 hours ago

» Please recommend anime that has plot/tone/genre/theme of sci-fi/futuristic/post apocalyptic/modern times + fantasy/medieval/magic/old times?

Donkunsan - Apr 18

35 by Donkunsan »»
Yesterday, 5:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.