Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 23, 11:54 AM
Mar 2019
I know that Anime is mainly to promote and sell light novels but they've been good to us so far with multiple OVAs and a third season. So how far do you think they'll go? How far are we from the end or catching up to the light novels. How much material are we working with. If a fourth season comes it might not even be till 2027 if it takes them roughly two and half years between seasons.
NinjanimeMar 23, 3:00 PM
TheRealNinjanime
Mar 23, 2:11 PM
Dec 2022
I think there will be a last season after this. I'm a huge fan after all plus I haven't read the LN since I like the suspense.
Mar 23, 3:49 PM
Feb 2017
it all depends on its popularity In Japan if it does well they may do another season unless this season will end it which I doubt
Mar 23, 5:25 PM
May 2023
There's a total of 13 books, plus some side stories
Mar 23, 6:35 PM
Dec 2023
Xero_Tsukiyomi5 said:
it all depends on its popularity In Japan if it does well they may do another season unless this season will end it which I doubt

so...I have a question.
Did rent a girlfriend make a hit in japan?
Mar 23, 9:43 PM
Apr 2021
I hope it get more seasons.
Mar 23, 11:23 PM
Jan 2024
I think it will end in season 3 or 4
Mar 24, 4:20 AM
Jul 2023
four total (maybe 5 if they take it really slow) and I hope they will make a complete adaptation as the ending (the 11-13 volumes) are really good
Mar 24, 6:25 AM
Jun 2020
3rd season will adapt Vol 7 and 8
4th season could have vol 9 and 10
They can complete the story in the 5th season with the last arc having 3 volumes, although it will be a lot to do in a single season and they will have to cut a lot of detail and side character moments which won't be any good for their character development but it's likely their only option.
Mar 24, 6:50 AM
Oct 2019
Reply to Son_of_Cosmos
Xero_Tsukiyomi5 said:

so...I have a question.
Did rent a girlfriend make a hit in japan?
@Son_of_Cosmos yes it was having 5M copies sold before even season 1 aired. The anime was guaranteed before season 1 and from there it did snowball effect.
Mar 24, 6:57 AM
Dec 2023
Otakupervert890 said:
@Son_of_Cosmos yes it was having 5M copies sold before even season 1 aired. The anime was guaranteed before season 1 and from there it did snowball effect.

ic...damn
that's an interesting news
Mar 24, 4:39 PM
Mar 2019
Well if they adapt 2-3 volumes a season then it'll be 5. I just really hope we don't have to wait two and a half years again for S4&5. Thinking about if it's only gonna be four or five seasons then we're close to the halfway point of the story already. Most Light Novel series go on for 20+ volumes. Also I think we'd be incredibly lucky for a complete adaptation as not many light novels get that treatment.

I wonder if Zero or the I Love Isekai spin offs will get an Anime.
TheRealNinjanime
May 21, 4:31 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to OVERLORD_05
3rd season will adapt Vol 7 and 8
4th season could have vol 9 and 10
They can complete the story in the 5th season with the last arc having 3 volumes, although it will be a lot to do in a single season and they will have to cut a lot of detail and side character moments which won't be any good for their character development but it's likely their only option.
@OVERLORD_05 ok, but S1 used Volumes 1-4 at 13 episodes and S2 used Vols. 5&6 at 12 eps... most 'non-haters' i've read online think S1 cut too much and S2 was paced nigh on perfectly. why would studio Asread STILL keep to the 2 Volumes per 12-ish episode formula ONLY to drop the ball TERRIBLY in your theory by using 3 Volumes for the final season?

are there utterly and completely un-cuttable arcs in Vol. 7 that move into Vol. 8 for their conclusion? did nothing in Vol. 6 move into Vol. 7? was that why Vol. 7 wasn't used in S2?
what about Vol. 8 allows you to 'cut it off' with just Season 3?
does nothing in Vol. 8 move into Vol. 9?
would you say Vol. 9 start something wholly different and new from Vol. 8 that wouldn't need to be in a Season with Vols. 7&8?
does the Vol. 9 'something' continues into Vol. 10?

see where i'm going here? unless you can see the patterns used in the first 13 eps. in S1 VS the Vols.1-4; THEN do the same thing with the 12 eps. in S2 VS the Vols. 5&6... that 2 books per Season formula isn't set in stone.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
May 21, 4:53 AM
Jun 2020
KiliianSleipnir said:
@OVERLORD_05 ok, but S1 used Volumes 1-4 at 13 episodes and S2 used Vols. 5&6 at 12 eps... most 'non-haters' i've read online think S1 cut too much and S2 was paced nigh on perfectly. why would studio Asread STILL keep to the 2 Volumes per 12-ish episode formula ONLY to drop the ball TERRIBLY in your theory by using 3 Volumes for the final season?

are there utterly and completely un-cuttable arcs in Vol. 7 that move into Vol. 8 for their conclusion? did nothing in Vol. 6 move into Vol. 7? was that why Vol. 7 wasn't used in S2?
would you say Vol. 9 start something wholly different and new from Vol. 8 that wouldn't need to be in a Season with Vols. 7&8?

see where i'm going here? unless you can see the patterns used in the first 13 eps. in S1 VS the Vols.1-4; THEN do the same thing with the 12 eps. in S2 VS the Vols. 5&6... that 2 books per Season formula isn't set in stone.

Season 3 will have Vol 7 and 8 if you have seen the PV's and trailer, also their story has a connection. Season 4 could have 9 and 10 as their story is connected as well, although they could adapt 11 as well if they adapt it as 4 episodes per volume and it will have an amazing cliffhanger as well. I guess looking at the length and content of the volumes Season 4 could adapt three novels instead of two. Season 5 will definitely have Vol 12 and 13 together since they are basically single volume cut in two and it's the climax.

I admit I was pretty biased when I said last season would also have vol 11 because I thought the season would be boring if all it had was war. But looking at the length of Vol 9 and especially 10, that season could also adapt vol 11 as well. That would also give them the ability to have the extra chapter of Vol 11 which is pretty good and important in the beginning of last season as well. All this would obviously work if we get to see the whole story in Anime so let's hope for the best and see how the studio handles it.
May 21, 6:17 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to OVERLORD_05
KiliianSleipnir said:

Season 3 will have Vol 7 and 8 if you have seen the PV's and trailer, also their story has a connection. Season 4 could have 9 and 10 as their story is connected as well, although they could adapt 11 as well if they adapt it as 4 episodes per volume and it will have an amazing cliffhanger as well. I guess looking at the length and content of the volumes Season 4 could adapt three novels instead of two. Season 5 will definitely have Vol 12 and 13 together since they are basically single volume cut in two and it's the climax.

I admit I was pretty biased when I said last season would also have vol 11 because I thought the season would be boring if all it had was war. But looking at the length of Vol 9 and especially 10, that season could also adapt vol 11 as well. That would also give them the ability to have the extra chapter of Vol 11 which is pretty good and important in the beginning of last season as well. All this would obviously work if we get to see the whole story in Anime so let's hope for the best and see how the studio handles it.
@OVERLORD_05 aha! well thanks for the pattern analysis! so by your reading:
S3 7&8
S4 9&10&11(probable)
S5 tiny piece of 11&12&13

so you're feeling the shift out of the 2 Vols./12eps. pattern would not be 'now', but the 'middle' Season between 'now' and the finale. mhm! i'm thinking if i was charting things out, taking the 'connected' novels and placing them into a single season... without a cour break... would make the fans happier.

also, since 'Caretaker of the Goddess' Dorm' was Asread's ONLY project other than Arifureta in recent years, and that one was only 10 episodes, AND 'COTGD' was Asread's ONLY solo project since Spring 2016's 'Big Order (TV)'... strangely enough ALSO just 10 episodes long... are you sure Asread can handle 12 episodes of Arifureta solo?

they did 'I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job' which was a solo project of 12 eps. but... that was 2013. after a decade plus a year, i would hope Asread has improved significantly since then... even with their multiple duo-lead animation studio projects. i personally think that the production values in 'COTGD' were astoundingly awesome compared to Arifureta S1&2... even adding the god tier WhiteFox into the mix...
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.

More topics from this board

» First PV

Dbagas8 - Apr 21

5 by Blackbird »»
Apr 24, 12:15 PM

» Teaser and Fall 2024

Dbagas8 - Mar 23

15 by KinjiKido »»
Apr 8, 10:14 AM

» release date

Sdalex - Aug 9, 2023

7 by RudeRedis »»
Feb 15, 2:06 PM

» Will we finally see an appearance from god?

Allsaints112 - Jan 31

6 by EasyAdv »»
Jan 31, 7:37 PM

» Release date?

Gl0rp - Mar 31, 2023

16 by Xiarno »»
Jun 13, 2023 4:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.