Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 14, 3:36 AM

Sep 2016
I've read countless topics or replies where LN readers complains about it being not properly adapted or having content skipped, and overall their take, and others' too, is that this show is somewhat mediocre or something.

Not my case, as I didn't read the LN, but, I wonder why at this point (episode 11 of s3), for the second time in the story, they basically get an antagonist/antagonistic to MC character and basically 180° their attitude and change half of their exterior personality.

First Horikita Manabu after S1, his cold and "I'm better than all of you" goes away and suddenly he's caring for other students and even approaches Ayanokouji to ask for help and down the line even helps him. You then even see him having normal student conversation with people. He goes from a character with seemingly no weakness, to a character who keep shoving his weakness in your face, often appearing helpless about it as well.

And now, Sakayanagi, first she was a literal villain, now she's basically shifting into some sort of "victim of the situation" character that tries to save the day, and Ayanokoji, against the new bad guy who came to the school.

Like, I understand plot twists and such, I understand that sometimes character may seem what they are not, but, two times now?

I want to see where the plot goes and I like the show anyway but come on lol, you really wanna turn all the 'evil' characters good? kek
bruh
Mar 14, 4:10 AM
Aug 2021
Mar 14, 4:48 AM
Dec 2023
samzullo05 said:

Must be leaks from online
Mar 14, 5:55 AM
Mar 2021
FullyCharged said:
I've read countless topics or replies where LN readers complains about it being not properly adapted or having content skipped, and overall their take, and others' too, is that this show is somewhat mediocre or something.

Not my case, as I didn't read the LN, but, I wonder why at this point (episode 11 of s3), for the second time in the story, they basically get an antagonist/antagonistic to MC character and basically 180° their attitude and change half of their exterior personality.

First Horikita Manabu after S1, his cold and "I'm better than all of you" goes away and suddenly he's caring for other students and even approaches Ayanokouji to ask for help and down the line even helps him. You then even see him having normal student conversation with people. He goes from a character with seemingly no weakness, to a character who keep shoving his weakness in your face, often appearing helpless about it as well.

And now, Sakayanagi, first she was a literal villain, now she's basically shifting into some sort of "victim of the situation" character that tries to save the day, and Ayanokoji, against the new bad guy who came to the school.

Like, I understand plot twists and such, I understand that sometimes character may seem what they are not, but, two times now?

I want to see where the plot goes and I like the show anyway but come on lol, you really wanna turn all the 'evil' characters good? kek

I decided to start reading the light novel literally last night and can say from just chapter 1 that the anime shouldn't even be considered the same story.

Ayanakoji Is not even remotely similar in the two works and his dialogue and internal thoughts when interacting with characters gives a completely different vibe. This is likely where the criticism comes from.
Mar 14, 6:25 AM
Jan 2022
this season for me so far was rather disappointing. it feels shallow and rushed. i was let down a bit thinking it would get more intense than the last season.
Mar 14, 1:02 PM

Nov 2021
FullyCharged said:

There's not enough development shown in the anime of the ‘villain’ characters which is the main problem.In the ln (not read it) but from what I've heard they slowly but surely develop and show the motive behind the actions which feels more genuine.
Mar 14, 8:57 PM
Nov 2020
It's cause their character wasn't explored in the anime in the first place. We pretty much only know the villains with their motive and relation to the protag in the story. Tell me if you've any idea of their thought process/reasons/values. Their character is only explored when they talk to the MC so it's suddenly like they are not what we thought them to be. With how fast paced the anime has been this was unfortunately one of the things that had to be cut down.
Mar 15, 12:39 PM

Sep 2016
Reply to samzullo05
@samzullo05
@harshsingh0930

Bruh I don't know anything, I have not read ln nor seek out leaks.

I just picked the character that makes the least sense for this to happen a third time, and said their name. That's it.

Like I said if it really happens it will laugh for an entire day from the comedy.

So I will cross my fingers about you two trollin' lol
bruh
Mar 15, 1:43 PM

Dec 2017
Reply to FullyCharged
@samzullo05
@harshsingh0930

I just picked the character that makes the least sense for this to happen a third time, and said their name. That's it.

Like I said if it really happens it will laugh for an entire day from the comedy.

@FullyCharged don't worry lol they actually are. Every thing is a theory rn.
❝Kabo-chan is ran by the MAL staff team and does not respond to individual comments made on her profile.❞
I was immensely devastated.
Mar 16, 6:37 AM
Aug 2021
FullyCharged said:
@samzullo05
@harshsingh0930

It won’t even matter to be honest, I’d be shocked if the anime actually adapted Year 2.
Mar 20, 5:42 PM

Sep 2015
The worst is probably Ryuen.

In the novel he took Kei to the roof and just poured water over her. In the anime he's torturing her because... why?
In the novel he's saving up points to take all his classmates to class A. In the anime he's a selfish prick that his classmates hate.

The anime turned a respectable antagonist into a piece of trash and made his actions make no sense.
Mar 25, 10:45 PM

Dec 2020
like you said at the beginning where LN readers complains about it being not properly adapted, the answer to your question involving characters seeming antagonisitic then changing in behavior so randomly is like you stated, the fact of having content skipped. you learn more about manabu throughout those 14 volumes of year 1 in a slow but natural pace, all creating a huge and sucessful build up and pay off for the very last volume. you witness sakayangi's true nature bloom in volume 11 which is nearly 300 - 400 pages long, turned into baiscally a singular 24 minute episode (i dont think she does anything of note in eps 9 & 10 lol).

everything you said is one of the many reasons why theres a ton of LN readers complaining about this adaption

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 27

212 by PanditaMimilona »»
Sep 16, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 20

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 9, 4:45 PM

» Not just bout this anime.

Avamarie316 - Sep 5

14 by DragyG »»
Sep 6, 7:17 AM

» 4th season announced ( 1 2 )

Dbagas8 - Aug 31

59 by Insane_0_2 »»
Sep 3, 8:43 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e 3rd Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 13

143 by Matheus050 »»
Sep 2, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.