Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Mar 10, 1:00 PM

Jun 2013
I know the mods have never applied this tag consistently, but it's getting increasingly goofy... E.g. Hikikomari and Executioner don't get the tag, even though they are officially advertised as yuri. So what happens in SayYouRadio that makes it more explicitly a lesbian romance? The manga version only has the "subtext" tag on Dynasty Scans. The official platforms (anime homepage, Dengeki Bunko, Comic Walker, Bookwalker) don't have a yuri tag either, and reading the synopses of the later light novel volumes it doesn't sound like any of these girls are dating yet, so what's going on...?

I'm not saying the tag needs to be taken down, I'm just confused
LeeTailorMar 10, 1:08 PM
Mar 10, 1:15 PM
Dec 2022
Their relationship developed. I'm saying this as a manga reader.
Mar 10, 2:45 PM
May 2023
I’m guessing you’re not a manga reader
Mar 10, 7:13 PM
Mar 2021
maybe read the manga 😭
Mar 16, 9:03 AM
Mar 2018
Yapper alert
Yapper alert
Mar 23, 10:23 AM

Apr 2020
All he did was reading the synopsis. That’s literally all the knowledge he gathered, before beeing outraged about something he has absolutely no clue about.

But he didn‘t stop there. He then logged onto MaL and told everybody, all the while STILL not knowing anything about the Series, apart from reading a three paragraph text.

I said it a hundred times and I say it again:
You just gotta love this community!
Mar 23, 12:14 PM
Mar 2016
Honestly? as a manga reader: i'm not sure either. As far as the manga goes their relationship develops but they never get confirmed as a couple, it's just teased (lots of blushing, them taking a bath together) so... maybe their relationship develops into something else in the novels? idk.

Mar 27, 2:00 AM

Feb 2022
the manga itself is also kinda subtextual, although it seemed like their relationship would develop into a real one in the light novels
Apr 6, 2:07 PM
Mar 2012
Apparently the publisher labels it as Yuri. Also while the Manga did have at least subtext, the novels are untranslated so who knows. Things that have less subtext than this have been labeled as Yuri before, so it's not a big deal.
Apr 10, 1:24 PM

Apr 2012
Perhaps unlike the manga, the anime is more explicit in promoting itself as yuri. But seriously, I don't even know how subtle you had to be to get just a subtext tag on Dynasty Scans. This site advertises yuri literally anything that has even some vague yuri fanservice or even idealized female friendship.

@HachiTV It's not even teasing, it's just regular fanservice and moe. But if the original source is LN, then the anime tags are more likely to be based on it, rather than on the manga. Considering that this is an all-female work by Dengeki Bunko, I'm not surprised by this tag.
RobertBobertApr 10, 1:28 PM
Apr 10, 6:09 PM

Feb 2022
At this point I only consider the tag as a bonus and a sure reason to check, but without it you gotta scavenge around...
I mean I still can't wrap my head around MAL removing the tag from Wataten, the manga still (properly) has it, and the whole story even only started because of it.

Reader/watcher lists of interests are likely a better place to find stuff I guess.
Apr 11, 12:12 AM

Apr 2012
Reply to Kalvin_ET
At this point I only consider the tag as a bonus and a sure reason to check, but without it you gotta scavenge around...
I mean I still can't wrap my head around MAL removing the tag from Wataten, the manga still (properly) has it, and the whole story even only started because of it.

Reader/watcher lists of interests are likely a better place to find stuff I guess.
@Kalvin_ET I wouldn’t say, considering how often some animes like Haikyuu appears in BL stacks. It’s easier to browse Japanese Wikipedia here; they rarely hide things like that.
Apr 12, 6:57 AM
Mar 2012
So I've confirmed that the novels are officially labeled as Yuri, so objectively the tag is accurate. It's just a slowburn one since the romance isn't the main focus of the story.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Apr 17

39 by BabyBlouie »»
Sep 9, 5:24 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 26

48 by TechOtaku »»
Aug 25, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 29

37 by Assassin2112 »»
Aug 2, 10:31 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 10

81 by TurnipFan »»
Jul 26, 1:55 PM

Poll: » Seiyuu Radio no Uraomote Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Jun 19

28 by kitoha »»
Jul 21, 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.