Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 29, 7:18 AM

Mar 2022
I fell on my knees in the elevator and cried tears of anguish and pain.

Feb 29, 7:22 AM
Aug 2018
NOOOOOO WHERE IS MAPPA AND BONES
Feb 29, 7:27 AM
Jan 2021
Stop crying. JC Staff will do a good job
Feb 29, 7:30 AM
Jan 2024
wasn't it mappa who was doing it ah well doesn't matter much to me I am fine with anyone
Feb 29, 7:30 AM
Jun 2023
season 3 is definitely gonna be hit but why doesn't famous studios like mappa and others doesn't take this project??
Feb 29, 7:33 AM

Nov 2015
Reply to _otaku_man00
season 3 is definitely gonna be hit but why doesn't famous studios like mappa and others doesn't take this project??
@_otaku_man00 because that’s up to the production committee
HACKs! 🤢🤮
Feb 29, 7:37 AM

Mar 2020
MY DISAPPOINTMENT IS IMMEASURABLE AND MY DAY IS RUINED!!!
Feb 29, 7:46 AM

Jun 2022
why Jc staff man? Why? why?
They will butcher this season like season 2.
Even if we disappear from this world, our stories will remain.
Feb 29, 7:49 AM
Negator

Mar 2022
Prepare for all the people not knowing why season 2’s animation was such a step down to whine and complain. It will be far better this time around if given a healthier production schedule. As good as season 1’s? Maybe not, but definitely better than season 2.
Feb 29, 7:56 AM

Nov 2021
_otaku_man00 said:

I mean look at mappa’s schedule mate.
They don't have time to breathe let alone take up an anime like one punch man.
Feb 29, 7:59 AM
Oct 2020
MusashiKarlsefni said:
Prepare for all the people not knowing why season 2’s animation was such a step down to whine and complain. It will be far better this time around if given a healthier production schedule. As good as season 1’s? Maybe not, but definitely better than season 2.

People really never look at anything besides the end product there are so many things that affect how something is gonna end up, Pokémon also being a good example

To me, it's the second best option, first being bones for obvious reason, JC staff gets unreasonable hate cause of opm season 2 when their other stuff has been great, like danmachi or the seven spellblades
Feb 29, 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
It's over punch man bros, but lets be honest, it never started.
Feb 29, 8:10 AM
Aug 2021
Can’t wait for people to blame JC Staff for the mistakes of the producers again 🥴

Anyways. I’m a bit disappointed by this. JC Staff did fine with season 2. It was an inconsistent but overall good product, but it obviously just couldn’t compete with the visual masterpiece that was season 1, even if they had been given a decent schedule. Would’ve thought the production committee would try to get a higher tier studio this time around…

But the season 3 pv looked really good, and that was for what I believe is a rather insignificant scene, so I’d imagine the season as whole will look pretty good if not great. Probably has a much better production schedule this time around. I’m just worried as to whether or not they’ll be able to handle certain moments and fights (the manga artist goes hard)

We’ll see what they have in store though. Our biggest hope now is for some season 1 key animators to come back to work on those bigger scenes. It’s not super likely, but also not out of the question. Fingers crossed 🤞🏾

Edit: also, a better director would be nice
Mando727Feb 29, 9:53 AM
Feb 29, 8:11 AM

Aug 2023
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
MusashiKarlsefni said:

People really never look at anything besides the end product there are so many things that affect how something is gonna end up, Pokémon also being a good example

To me, it's the second best option, first being bones for obvious reason, JC staff gets unreasonable hate cause of opm season 2 when their other stuff has been great, like danmachi or the seven spellblades
@CrunchyCrobat finally someone said that JC staff is decent studio. People really hate just cuz they opm s2 dirty
Feb 29, 8:13 AM

Jan 2009
mappa studio is fake news then
Feb 29, 8:14 AM
Jun 2023
looks good, best of lust and all the best you guys, I will support you
Feb 29, 8:30 AM
Apr 2021
no way a trailer had actually release, I honestly thought this project was scrapped, the quality looks insane tho even if JC is making it, I'm going to believe in them.
Please read mamaYuYu, its amazing. Also MAPPA employees havent seen their families since 2021 lmao
Feb 29, 8:38 AM
Aug 2020
_otaku_man00 said:
looks good, best of lust and all the best you guys, I will support you

that staff is pretty stacked actually. maybe this won't be a total trainwreck
Feb 29, 8:39 AM
Oct 2019
-Sleek- said:
@CrunchyCrobat finally someone said that JC staff is decent studio. People really hate just cuz they opm s2 dirty

Nah it's a great studio but not for action
Feb 29, 8:49 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to MusashiKarlsefni
@MusashiKarlsefni hell might even be better looking than most shows airing today
Feb 29, 9:20 AM
Feb 2018
I prefer JC Staff over Mappa. I also consider season 2 of OPM better than season 1.
Feb 29, 9:24 AM
Jul 2022
AshTheChamp said:
Stop crying. JC Staff will do a good job

clearly didnt watch season 2. they fumbled hard.
Feb 29, 9:28 AM

May 2022
Good. JC-Staff is so underrated.
Feb 29, 1:11 PM
Feb 2022
MusashiKarlsefni said:

Watch the special announcement video looks like a fan animation.
Feb 29, 1:49 PM
Jul 2009
Hizzu_Aruha said:
NOOOOOO WHERE IS MAPPA AND BONES

Mappa and Bones can't animate everything. Jeez
Feb 29, 1:50 PM
Jul 2009
_otaku_man00 said:

Mappa has way too much on their plate to take this
Feb 29, 2:54 PM
Apr 2023
Honestly I thought s2 animation was fine
Feb 29, 4:28 PM
Apr 2023
Jesus christ you guys are babies
Feb 29, 6:46 PM

Jul 2016
Reply to -Sleek-
-Sleek- said:
People really hate just cuz they opm s2 dirty

Or maybe people hated J.C Staff because most of the anime they did back on 2016-2019 went from straight terrible to mediocre at best (Index III, DAL III, Food Wars S4 and UQ Holder! for example)?

Regardless, I think J.C Staff should be doing fine this time considering I haven't heard any bad things from them lately lol.
Feb 29, 7:00 PM
Mar 2018
Bros, at this point I wish they never have made OPM season 1, it's just disappointment after disappoint, I might drop OPM entirely just to avoid the frustration.
Feb 29, 9:31 PM
Apr 2020
Reply to Iskeletu_Br
Bros, at this point I wish they never have made OPM season 1, it's just disappointment after disappoint, I might drop OPM entirely just to avoid the frustration.
@Iskeletu_Br EVERYONE SHOULD JUST GO AHEAD AND READ THE MANGA BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING AND THE ANIME WILL BE NOWHERE NEAR AS GOOD
Feb 29, 10:15 PM

Jul 2010
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh not watching

Not because JC Staff is a bad studio (it's not, they did so many bangers like Sakuraso, Bakuman was decent-ish, Toradora, Saiki Kusuo, I remember enjoying earlier seasons of Soma as well etc etc) but because previous season was utter garbage and I would have preffered a change of pace, someone like Bones, David Production or Science Saru doing season 3.

Glad it's not MAPPA tho, the well-being of animators is more important than people's enjoyment, they still got their hands full with Jigokuraku 2, JJK 3, CSM Movie and God knows what else. Let people rest a little bit
Feb 29, 10:45 PM
Jan 2023
FreedomKME said:
I prefer JC Staff over Mappa. I also consider season 2 of OPM better than season 1.

mehhh another guy spouting nonsense
Mar 2, 9:30 AM
Jul 2023
how tf are they gonna animate some certain manga panels 💀😭
Mar 2, 10:57 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to El_Professor07
MusashiKarlsefni said:

Watch the special announcement video looks like a fan animation.
@El_Professor07
1. It looks great.
2. "Looks like a fan animation" is barely an insult these days when you constantly have new animators joining and participating in projects nowadays.
Mar 2, 10:59 AM

Apr 2021
Reply to TheMangaManiac
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhh not watching

Not because JC Staff is a bad studio (it's not, they did so many bangers like Sakuraso, Bakuman was decent-ish, Toradora, Saiki Kusuo, I remember enjoying earlier seasons of Soma as well etc etc) but because previous season was utter garbage and I would have preffered a change of pace, someone like Bones, David Production or Science Saru doing season 3.

Glad it's not MAPPA tho, the well-being of animators is more important than people's enjoyment, they still got their hands full with Jigokuraku 2, JJK 3, CSM Movie and God knows what else. Let people rest a little bit
@TheMangaManiac It's pretty contradictory to say "glad it's not MAPPA because no overwork"... as if J.C. Staff doesn't have 10+ anime in production and still announced new ones in the past few days.
Mar 6, 5:14 AM
Apr 2021
Hopefully this studio can fix the many shortcomings in S2 because now S3 has enough time to make it, unlike yesterday's S2 which wasn't enough. also the studio's economic crisis from several sources that I read, hopefully it can be fixed
Mar 8, 4:51 AM
Apr 2021
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
MusashiKarlsefni said:

@CrunchyCrobat It's not that their animation is bad, it's just that opm deserves better animation than just "not bad"
Mar 8, 4:59 AM
Oct 2020
Reply to blusep
@CrunchyCrobat It's not that their animation is bad, it's just that opm deserves better animation than just "not bad"
@blusep but there's like only one studio who can do it the best, bones, and I don't suppose bones ever picking up an anime like this, any other studio and there's always gonna be something to complain about, mappa would do pretty good with normal animation but there's so much they would just use cgi for, and looking at stuff like aot season 4, I do not have any good hopes for that, and for madhouse people just complain about animation all the time nowadays don't think it would be any different here, and idk if ufotable's artstyle would really fit opm, but I haven't seem that many of their animes to know fully, so that leaves just jc staff, which I can believe in cause of how good the fight scenes in danmachi were, plus they only used cgi for one monster in the entire series where others would have used for way more, so they are the best bet to do it given enough time
Mar 11, 6:50 PM
ダンダダン

Jun 2015
Reply to _otaku_man00
@_otaku_man00 for the mappa haters to rise to the occasion nah its good let it be jc staff, i gave up on opm ever being like season 1 because that was a collaborative effort by the director he went and got talented people on board

Mar 11, 11:49 PM
Oct 2021
La tercera temporada será una mierda
mío estudio misma mierda no cambia en nada un asco
Mar 14, 3:44 PM
Apr 2009
Dissapointed also. This series deserves the best or else. S2 was a mess, unless you're not used to good animation or don't have an eye for it. (Not ALL JC fault per se, they were rushed)

The story will be executed fine, the writing will be fine, but I need that top-top tier animation to bring it all together. It sucks because I think the stories coming up are more interesting than S1.

In my head this series was as popular as any other top popular anime that has great studios through-out their entire course, so its confusing to me
Mar 14, 9:01 PM

Apr 2021
Reply to CrunchyCrobat
@blusep but there's like only one studio who can do it the best, bones, and I don't suppose bones ever picking up an anime like this, any other studio and there's always gonna be something to complain about, mappa would do pretty good with normal animation but there's so much they would just use cgi for, and looking at stuff like aot season 4, I do not have any good hopes for that, and for madhouse people just complain about animation all the time nowadays don't think it would be any different here, and idk if ufotable's artstyle would really fit opm, but I haven't seem that many of their animes to know fully, so that leaves just jc staff, which I can believe in cause of how good the fight scenes in danmachi were, plus they only used cgi for one monster in the entire series where others would have used for way more, so they are the best bet to do it given enough time
CrunchyCrobat said:
mappa would do pretty good with normal animation but there's so much they would just use cgi for, and looking at stuff like aot season 4, I do not have any good hopes for that

Attack on Titan's CG looked good for the most part, and MAPPA's in-house 3d department continues to expand and improve over these few years.

And any studio would need a lot of CG usage. Way too many large and highly detailed monsters.
Mar 14, 11:15 PM
Jul 2023
Reply to Oongbuh
CrunchyCrobat said:
mappa would do pretty good with normal animation but there's so much they would just use cgi for, and looking at stuff like aot season 4, I do not have any good hopes for that

Attack on Titan's CG looked good for the most part, and MAPPA's in-house 3d department continues to expand and improve over these few years.

And any studio would need a lot of CG usage. Way too many large and highly detailed monsters.
@Oongbuh Overrated studio. Their CG is trash,its so noticeable and can't blend well to frame rate of 2d animation. They need a lot of time able to put an actual good CG, while OPM S2 CG was good even tho the anime was produced in only a span of 6 months.

More topics from this board

» Don't expect anything from J.C. Staff ( 1 2 )

This_is_Rahat - Feb 29

83 by SimpLife »»
Yesterday, 1:33 AM

» Can this season cover the Saitama vs cosmic garou fight?

Hickykissy - Aug 1

17 by deg »»
Sep 23, 4:35 AM

» JC Staff again? ( 1 2 )

Luuji222 - Aug 9

51 by lostinparadise_ »»
Sep 22, 4:32 AM

» Hero Visual #07 — Atomic Samurai

OvergrownRover - Sep 5

13 by Kevin_28 »»
Sep 7, 10:18 PM

» animation... ( 1 2 3 )

monke_guy - Mar 7

132 by Luuji222 »»
Aug 9, 2:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.