Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sasaki and Peeps (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Do you like the ending video?
Feb 2, 8:00 AM

Sep 2016
Seems the studio put considerable effort into this ending, it's something we don't see everyday so I think that was worth it!

ZarutakuFeb 2, 9:43 AM
This dance is the pinnacle of human achievement.
Feb 2, 8:26 AM
Nov 2023
It’s pure nightmare fuel, but I never skip it. Like a car crash you can’t look away from. If it was changed I would probably miss it in some strange manner.
Feb 2, 8:47 AM
Apr 2022
nope, definitely not. I think they tried something artistic but it turned out to be creepy and weird. if we change the song and the filters to the right one, it will be perfect for a cursed video
Feb 2, 8:55 AM

Mar 2020
No. It makes me want to puke
Feb 2, 8:59 AM
Aug 2021
No it’s horrifying I hated every second 🤣
Feb 2, 9:27 AM
Apr 2021
That animation style is awful
Feb 2, 10:04 AM

Feb 2017
Absolutely disgusting
Feb 2, 12:06 PM

Jul 2011
It’s interesting, but it’s also horrifying. It like they tried to re-make a claymation movie with CG.
Feb 2, 2:28 PM
Nov 2021
nope, it's horrible
Feb 2, 4:05 PM
Oct 2022
I don't mind it. It's better than the actually show, at least.
Feb 2, 5:26 PM
Apr 2021
ye im sorry but not my cup of tea XD
im more a fan of "official fanart" while credits roll and music play. like in mashle s2 ending i think its hella cool seeing the charadas next to a real life car that matches their personality.

sometimes simpler is better
Feb 2, 6:49 PM
Jul 2020
It’s so heinous it warps back into being good
Feb 2, 7:09 PM

Jun 2019
Yes. I was surprised when I first saw it and thought it might be being featured as some kind of special tie-in specifically to the events of that episode in which it debuted (with the then-viscount's daughter becoming a character), but was unaware at the time that it would be retained as the general ED for presumably the rest of the season/series.

I have no qualms with it if so and it remains in place. What I can definitely appreciate and say I enjoy about it is that it went for a different visual style with the 3D CGI contrasted with the 2D more regular traditional animation of the actual episodes, and not just that, but the amount of shapeshifting of the would-be apple pie gaining sentience and limbs from failed magical experimentation was creative and seemed like thought and work was put into it.

The song is just okay and whatever, but that's all of the OST so far (and the OSTs for a lot of anime which don't have sublime standout music, which sadly, they can't all, or even most can't/don't have).
Feb 2, 7:30 PM

Mar 2013
I like the song but I hate CGI. 🤮
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Feb 3, 2:10 PM
Jan 2016
I like that it looks so weird, kind of has the same vibes as many FMV cutscenes from PS1 games.
Also according to credits its not made by some studio, but everything from storyboarding to animation is done by a single person - Junya Nishioka.

I also found his youtube channel. There is plenty of his older works. https://www.youtube.com/@junyaworld/videos
97artem97Feb 3, 2:13 PM
Feb 7, 4:24 AM
Jul 2021
frankly, it's quite creepy…
Feb 9, 10:28 AM
Oct 2010
I like it for the silly little story it tells of a little girl tinkering with magic while trying to make an apple pie and the chaos it causes with her presumed observers/teachers, it's not just your usual smash cut from image to image that you see in most OP/ED sequences.

The animation/art style doesn't bother me either, it's not like it's the first time it's been done. Just off the top of my head there's Beastars' OP that had similar style and I enjoyed that too.
Feb 16, 8:23 PM

Sep 2012
Reply to 97artem97
I like that it looks so weird, kind of has the same vibes as many FMV cutscenes from PS1 games.
Also according to credits its not made by some studio, but everything from storyboarding to animation is done by a single person - Junya Nishioka.

I also found his youtube channel. There is plenty of his older works. https://www.youtube.com/@junyaworld/videos
@97artem97 thanks, i really love this kind of animation
it have a charm and special place in my heart
maxiusagiFeb 16, 8:30 PM
uwu uwu
Feb 16, 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
I don't like 3D/CGI so I don't like it, it looks ugly.
Feb 17, 2:44 AM

May 2015
It reminds me of claymation so I think it's neat.
Feb 17, 3:19 AM
Apr 2014
It's great. Definitely a no-skip.
Feb 17, 8:21 AM

Jan 2023
No, I can't say I'm a fan.
That said, I appreciate the effort to try something different, and I love the show, generally speaking, so it's not the end of the world if the ending video is a bit meh :)
Feb 23, 5:21 PM
Jan 2016
I'm kinda with the others in that it's so horrifying that I love it.

The main issue is just the weirdly detailed or realistic(?) faces on the charcaters, otherwise it'd mostly be a kinda throwback to those old stop motion Christmas movies.

Either way, I typically watch it through because it's so fascinating.
Feb 26, 10:56 PM

Feb 2014
i just cant stand the girl's face, she looks very ugly in that animation style. meanwhile sasaki looks weird but i dont really care about his face so his face doesn't bother me as much as the supposedly cute girl's face
Feb 28, 4:34 PM

Jun 2007
This ED is like the Aku no Hana anime. Jarring at first, but I've grown to like it. Having just watched episode 7, an Elsa-centic ED is very cute.

As far as bad anime CG goes, in my book nothing tops circa 2003 D.N. Angel.
Apr 28, 1:50 AM

Jun 2016
The video being centered on the princess makes it a bit boring to watch but I don't have a problem with the animation style.

What I do have an issue with is the music. Through and through the music of this series isn't great.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Mar 22

103 by EinTheVariance »»
May 12, 6:59 PM

» Existence of Futari Shizuka, Why author?

RiasatSenpai - May 2

13 by BitChilly »»
May 4, 5:32 AM

» Can an LN reader spoil Otonari-san's life for me?

IzayoiSk - May 3

2 by RiasatSenpai »»
May 4, 1:35 AM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

KANLen09 - Jan 5

178 by EinTheVariance »»
May 1, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Sasaki to Pii-chan Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aversa - Feb 9

68 by Jorovie »»
Apr 21, 9:30 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.