Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Satoshi Mizukami calls the Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer anime "shitty" and proclaims he had no control over the project

New
Feb 2, 1:14 AM

Jan 2009
Translated thread:

When I was criticizing the shitty original author for the Samidare incident, some people said things like, ``If you hated it so much, you shouldn't have given permission,'' or that you were the culprit because you were the provider. For a moment, I thought that was true, but it turned out to be a completely wild argument. They say you can avoid accidents by predicting things, or you can stop a project worth hundreds of millions by yourself.

Most things are created after permission is given, and once they are created, they cannot be changed. It is basically impossible for an individual, even the original author, to control a project that costs hundreds of millions of yen and involves hundreds of people.

It would be impossible to stop my day job and go to the production site. I'm an amateur in most parts.

It's said that it's better not to complain about video productions because most people involved (even innocent people) will suffer, but I'm a man of low moral character, so I'm saying this.

Instead of sticking to the scenario and composition, Samidare became like that. I was hit by that runaway locomotive, but that locomotive that was left running with my blood all over it must have been extremely painful as well.

Saying that the original author has to protect the original work or that he has the right to do so sounds like being forced to stand on the railroad tracks and say, ``Stop that runaway locomotive!'' Don't be so reckless. Having a right and having the power to exercise that right are two different things.

https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comments/1agxtmj/satoshi_mizukami_calls_the_lucifer_and_the/
https://twitter.com/nekogaeru/status/1753276460033572873

blame the production committee for any bad adaptation as always
Feb 2, 7:36 AM

Nov 2022
It's a shame to hear all that. Back when I watched the anime I remember it didn't look good but it did have some story and character aspects to it that felt enjoyable and even touching at times.

I suppose the best thing to hope for is a better remake somehow...
Feb 2, 6:27 PM
Oct 2022
hich4n_ said:
It's a shame to hear all that. Back when I watched the anime I remember it didn't look good but it did have some story and character aspects to it that felt enjoyable and even touching at times.

I suppose the best thing to hope for is a better remake somehow...

even big shows never really get remakes, it's hard to think this show will

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 12, 2022

48 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:43 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2022

43 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:30 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2022

30 by RGreatDanton »»
May 25, 3:14 AM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 22, 2022

39 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Hoshi no Samidare Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2022

53 by RGreatDanton »»
May 24, 11:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.