Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 30, 7:38 AM
Dec 2023
I mean anime like tokyo ghoul, berserk, pandora hearts, soul eater deserves remake more than this...

They could've atleast waited for end of Toei's one piece💀
Jan 30, 7:45 AM

Jan 2009
netflix wants a remake because the live action was a success so let them cook

different production committee aka owners for different anime so go complain to other production committees to remake those anime you want
Jan 30, 7:46 AM

Jun 2016
It's not about "deserving", it's about the size of the audience and One Piece has a fairly sizeable audience.

I think the anime's ending was pretty good tbqh.
MEA·MENTVLA·INGENS·EST
Jan 30, 8:14 AM
Jul 2023
soul eater is very mid
Jan 30, 8:15 AM
Sep 2022
bro just let em cook 💀
Jan 30, 9:03 AM
Aug 2020
nah, one piece absolutely deserves a remake. the other ones need one too but one piece needs it. plus it's probably the easiest bet they can make
Jan 30, 9:48 AM
Jul 2022
yeah one piece is good but for peacing is slow it has so many eps thats why so many people don't watch one piece and first eps of one piece's animation way old for now and many people probably don't i like for animation for this many reasons one piece kinda deserve reamke to make it more popular but one piece is fun in slow peacing.
Jan 30, 12:30 PM

Feb 2020
I agree that shows like the ones you mentioned deserve a remake / reboot, however... the motivation behind this is money, and One Piece (especially with the recent LA remake) has proven itself to be good business. A lot of people seem to be under the impression that this means another show is missing out on a sorely needed remake... but let's be honest, if Netflix wasn't paying for this because they see it as a worthwhile investment, it's highly unlikely that any other show would have been remade instead. Maybe we'd get an adaptation of another manga, or another likely scenario is that we'd be getting one less anime, because there wasn't anyone to fond it.

Also, as others have mentioned, the poor pacing / the 1000+ episodes, poor animation quality, and the "oldness" (doesn't bother me, but I know a lot of people are iffy on that) makes it hard for a lot of people to get into, making the barrier to entry rather high. Just because other shows deserve a remake, it doesn't mean One Piece doesn't. It's still ongoing, it's a highly unusual situation, but I think One Piece needs a remake just as much as those other shows, (though for entirely different reasons).
Jan 30, 5:23 PM
May 2020
Every anime is made because the production committee thinks it will make money. Does that necessarily make the entire project a cynical venture? Of course not.

I’m not sure you’re right that those shows deserve a remake more than this. The Toei anime is completely inaccessible to new fans, there’s plenty of reason to remake it now while the manga’s ongoing.
Jan 30, 8:39 PM
Apr 2020
no shit babe💀💀
Jan 31, 12:13 AM
Nov 2021
nah PG-13 shounen is more profitable. this is business bruh
Jan 31, 7:40 AM
Nov 2019
Cyberslasher said:
soul eater is very mid

You mean the anime right?
Jan 31, 7:43 AM
Nov 2019
Toei’s One Piece ain’t gonna end anytime soon. Even though this may be a cash grab, I think it’s a great idea for people wanting to get into One Piece but are put off due to the episode count of 1000 episodes. The pacing would be WAY better than what we currently have now, people who want to rewatch the series can experience it again without it feeling too slow and in new modern animation. I think it’s a cool idea. Not necessary but I’m not mad at this.
Jan 31, 10:39 PM
Dec 2018
You don’t say? 😂
Feb 1, 12:10 AM

Sep 2020
Toei gonna milk this shit for next 20 years it's not gonna end any time soon lol.
Feb 3, 4:54 AM
Mar 2021
One Piece is biggest than whatever anime your mention... Worth money spent for... Berserk deserve anime tho.

More topics from this board

» There's a chance Wit Studio could adapt all of One Piece in 6 years.

GoatPieceLuffy - May 27

20 by xay_sama »»
May 28, 10:01 PM

» Remember people, this anime won't tarnish Toei's One Piece!

GoatPieceLuffy - May 22

20 by JoySeeker »»
May 26, 10:58 AM

» necessary?

omana - Jan 23

43 by praisethevillain »»
May 25, 9:14 AM

Poll: » For people who've already watched/read through One Piece, will you be watching this?

JKKH - Dec 18, 2023

44 by Elfezen »»
May 17, 7:01 AM

» Hype! But, what about the VAs

theaznkid360 - Dec 17, 2023

25 by APolygons2 »»
Apr 25, 12:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.