Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 6, 5:57 AM

Mar 2020
Poor kid, being kidnapped for one year is tough... that guy who drives him by is one dedicated kidnapper for keeping the whole thing for a year lmao

This case is really interesting, never knew that help signal came from Canada tho you learn something new from each Conan ep lol
Joe, Joe Forever....
Jan 6, 7:27 AM

Dec 2015
Dang even Takagi is conncected in all of this somehow. Thought at first Date was trying to get him to work in Public Safety with Amuro. Wait was Amuro even there at the time?

Wonder if it hurt a little when Amuro lied about knowing Date. I'm kind of confused on why Takagi didn't look into this case later on though. Seems like no one bothered to decode the message all this time.

I like the new year's greeting from the cast but this one seemed a bit too normal. Thought that Kaito Kid was going to come out of nowhere and claim he's going to steal this year and to look forward to the movie.

佐藤さんはいつも通りカッコいい!実は、博士の事件を忘れてた😓。
「なんで病院に。。。あ。。。そうか」と思ってたw。
コナンなら、あの暗号は楽勝だね。でも、ちょっと難しくて解けなかった。
Jan 6, 9:06 AM
Community Mod
Peacemaker

Jan 2017
Happy 28/30 year anniversary! I honestly have no idea where this case is heading, it's so different than the average Conan case. At least I now know the Canadian version of S.O.S.
Jan 6, 6:14 PM
Jun 2021
Reply to hai_X_is
Dang even Takagi is conncected in all of this somehow. Thought at first Date was trying to get him to work in Public Safety with Amuro. Wait was Amuro even there at the time?

Wonder if it hurt a little when Amuro lied about knowing Date. I'm kind of confused on why Takagi didn't look into this case later on though. Seems like no one bothered to decode the message all this time.

I like the new year's greeting from the cast but this one seemed a bit too normal. Thought that Kaito Kid was going to come out of nowhere and claim he's going to steal this year and to look forward to the movie.

佐藤さんはいつも通りカッコいい!実は、博士の事件を忘れてた😓。
「なんで病院に。。。あ。。。そうか」と思ってたw。
コナンなら、あの暗号は楽勝だね。でも、ちょっと難しくて解けなかった。
@hai_X_is

Amuro has been in the organisation for at the very least 2 years, since Akai stopped being a part of it two years before. So yeah, Amuro was part of the PSB at that time.
Jan 6, 8:11 PM

Dec 2015
Reply to groudonvert
@hai_X_is

Amuro has been in the organisation for at the very least 2 years, since Akai stopped being a part of it two years before. So yeah, Amuro was part of the PSB at that time.
@groudonvert

Sorry I meant to say was Amuro at Poirot at the time to bring Takagi in as a PSB officer.
Jan 6, 10:13 PM

Jul 2008
A kid being kidnapped for a whole year....yikes
Jan 7, 8:41 AM
Mar 2018
A very entertaining mystery; I wasn't bored for a second!

Yes, the idea that the kidnapping and the visits to Poirot have been ongoing for a year takes some suspension of disbelief, but the episode is so dynamic and engaging that I can easily play along.

Looking forward to next week!
Jan 30, 8:05 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Good episode to start the year!
It starts as a memory of Takagi and progresses to a kidnapping....now it's time for the resolution in the next episode!
kekeke
Feb 18, 1:42 PM

Jan 2008
Did I miss something? Why was Agasa in the hospital? Wasn't he just fine at the trading card episode previously?
Apr 27, 8:37 PM

Apr 2016
Every sunday for a year, talk about commitment, poor kid, though.
May 25, 2:49 AM

Mar 2011
I really loved the retro references in this episode...

Is it just me or is the time frame and general timing in this case/episode a little off? It's interesting but it's a little distracting. Especially the fact that Azusa kept the paper bag for so long.
You're the light shining over The black and gloomy nights
So long I've been waiting To run into your arms
Oh, my only one desire You're the one I need
Through the thousand years ~ Evermore

"Midnight Sun" by AleXa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 449 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Dec 12, 2013

8 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 8:58 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 445 Discussion

Tendou-kun - Aug 1, 2013

11 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 442 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Mar 9, 2010

10 by Alvie48xi »»
Yesterday, 4:45 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 289 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 25, 2013

9 by ZZZ111000 »»
Sep 24, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 288 Discussion

EZSPECIAL - Dec 10, 2012

13 by ZZZ111000 »»
Sep 24, 2:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.