Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 22, 2023 5:14 AM
Dec 2017
One thing that made me wonder about Hisoka is if he was actually part of the spider, since towards the end he says he pretended to go in for personal reasons, but so officially Hisoka was never part of the spider? If for example Kurapika had used the chains on Hisoka would they have worked or not?
Nov 22, 2023 5:33 AM
Jun 2022
No the chains would not have worked also because he didn’t had anything to do with his clan
Nov 22, 2023 6:23 AM
Isekai Trucker

Oct 2015
I don't think he is or was a member. I feel like he's the kind of character who joins or does whatever he feels like or seems more interesting. Like a character who seeks action. He is kind of overpowered after all. Also he's a magician so guess he could like remove the chains if he wanted to. Don't know for sure though.
Today, I may be a weak little bug that gets tossed in the wind,
washed away by the currents, and drowns, but tomorrow,
I may become the butterfly that spreads its colossal wings and flies the open skies!

~ Oe Kintaro
Nov 22, 2023 6:48 AM
Apr 2023
he is a nen pedo
Am I wrong?
Nov 22, 2023 7:16 AM
Jun 2023
nah he is just a groomer
Nov 22, 2023 7:23 AM
Jul 2018
Hisoka joined with the spiders, for take a one hand with Lucifer Crolo. However, he finds Kurapika want revenge to the spiders, Hisoka told him to make distance between Lucifer and other spider members.
removed-userNov 22, 2023 7:33 AM
Nov 22, 2023 8:24 AM
Jun 2023
About Hisoka and the Spider.

Hisoka was officially a part of the Spider even tho he joined for his own interests he later on left it because he no longer had anything left worth enough to pursue.

Whether Kurapikas chain would work or not nobody except the author will know however you can think that it will work since he was once a member and the chain will most definitely work on other members too even tho the spider is Disbanded
Nov 22, 2023 8:43 AM

Apr 2020
Jesus! So this villainous guy was LYING? Is that you wanna talk about, today? I agree. What a fraud he is...such a naughty, naughty, murderous Clown, isn't he? xD

-Oh and no. The chains wouldn't work. But the Anime pretty much explains this a couple of times. You didn'T really pay attention^^

Nice Thread^^
Merve2LoveNov 22, 2023 8:46 AM
Nov 22, 2023 9:48 AM
Community Mod
Undead

Mar 2022
Nov 22, 2023 4:12 PM

Feb 2020
He officially joined. For all intents and purposes he was a member. He just never was one in spirit like all the others, since he wasn't really committed to the troupe.

As for the chain, I think that depends on the beliefs and truths of the individual that is targeted, so I believe it wouldn't work on Hisoka, because he never considered himself a real member.
SpheromancerNov 22, 2023 4:16 PM
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Nov 23, 2023 12:59 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to SinLegend
No the chains would not have worked also because he didn’t had anything to do with his clan
@SinLegend The chains have nothing to do with the Kuruta clan, Kurapika doesn't know who participated in the massacre of his clan, but he knows that the members of the spider are the enemies he wants to take revenge on, which is why he imposed a contract with himself to use the chain of imprisonment only on the members of the spider so as to be more effective, and here the question arises, would Hisoka who was part of it also be under the influence of the chain or would it have had no effects? Since it cannot be said whether he was officially a full member or not
Nov 23, 2023 1:01 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to removed-user
Hisoka joined with the spiders, for take a one hand with Lucifer Crolo. However, he finds Kurapika want revenge to the spiders, Hisoka told him to make distance between Lucifer and other spider members.
@ARYN__to Ok, but it doesn't answer the question I asked 😂
Nov 23, 2023 1:04 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Spheromancer
He officially joined. For all intents and purposes he was a member. He just never was one in spirit like all the others, since he wasn't really committed to the troupe.

As for the chain, I think that depends on the beliefs and truths of the individual that is targeted, so I believe it wouldn't work on Hisoka, because he never considered himself a real member.
@Spheromancer As for the chains, shouldn't they work anyway? I mean like you said even if Hisoka didn't feel like a member he was still part of it so logically he would also be under the effect of Kurapika's power...
Nov 23, 2023 1:07 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
Jesus! So this villainous guy was LYING? Is that you wanna talk about, today? I agree. What a fraud he is...such a naughty, naughty, murderous Clown, isn't he? xD

-Oh and no. The chains wouldn't work. But the Anime pretty much explains this a couple of times. You didn'T really pay attention^^

Nice Thread^^
@Merve2Love The anime doesn't explain anything like that to you, it was never hinted at whether Kurapika's power could also work on Hisoka, but since Hisoka was part of the spider it's logical to assume that Hisoka would also get trapped by Kurapika
Nov 23, 2023 1:43 AM

Apr 2020
Reply to Leon888
@Merve2Love The anime doesn't explain anything like that to you, it was never hinted at whether Kurapika's power could also work on Hisoka, but since Hisoka was part of the spider it's logical to assume that Hisoka would also get trapped by Kurapika
@Leon888

It does, my dude^^ Sorry.
The Anime explains it.

Hey, there's no shame in missing it, tho. No worries. Now you know.
Nov 23, 2023 1:44 AM
Jun 2021
Hisoka and team rocket have the same energy change my mind.
Nov 23, 2023 1:52 AM
Jun 2021
Leon888 said:

Ok before you go telling people they are wrong please know what you’re talking about. The chains effect work on anyone but he put a stipulation that if he uses them on anyone beside the phantom troupe he will die. So tbh this whole thread is pointless the chains could effect everyone/anyone kurapika chooses not to use them because he’ll die pretty simple stuff they literally show the chains wrapped around his Heart with a dagger at the end to pierce it
Nov 23, 2023 1:53 AM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@Leon888

The Anime explains it.

I broke it down hopefully he gets it idk 😅
Nov 23, 2023 2:19 AM

Feb 2020
Leon888 said:
@Spheromancer As for the chains, shouldn't they work anyway? I mean like you said even if Hisoka didn't feel like a member he was still part of it so logically he would also be under the effect of Kurapika's power...

I think the chains work based on beliefs rather than absolute truth. For example if Kurapika asks Person A something and they respond to it truthfully, I don't think the chain would kill them even if they're wrong as long as they truly believe what they say.

Following that logic, since Hisoka doesn't see himself as a member, I don't think chain jail would work.

Thinking about it a bit more I think it depends on Kurapika, the restriction is on himself, so it probably depends on whether he considers Hisoka a member or not.

Again though, I don't think there's an objective answer to this, this is just my interpretation and you could definitely make an argument for the opposite.
SpheromancerNov 23, 2023 2:27 AM
Rest in Piece, Miura.
https://i.imgur.com/HzfqYqS.png

Nov 24, 2023 2:26 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@Leon888

The Anime explains it.

@Merve2Love Evidently you don't even know what we're talking about, you know we're talking about Hunter x Hunter yes? not your fan fiction 😂
Nov 24, 2023 2:28 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to guts4ever
Leon888 said:

Ok before you go telling people they are wrong please know what you’re talking about. The chains effect work on anyone but he put a stipulation that if he uses them on anyone beside the phantom troupe he will die. So tbh this whole thread is pointless the chains could effect everyone/anyone kurapika chooses not to use them because he’ll die pretty simple stuff they literally show the chains wrapped around his Heart with a dagger at the end to pierce it
@guts4ever But can you read? Or literally asked if they would work on Hisoka since he was part of the spider...
Nov 24, 2023 2:30 PM
Dec 2017
Reply to Spheromancer
Leon888 said:

I think the chains work based on beliefs rather than absolute truth. For example if Kurapika asks Person A something and they respond to it truthfully, I don't think the chain would kill them even if they're wrong as long as they truly believe what they say.

Following that logic, since Hisoka doesn't see himself as a member, I don't think chain jail would work.

Thinking about it a bit more I think it depends on Kurapika, the restriction is on himself, so it probably depends on whether he considers Hisoka a member or not.

Again though, I don't think there's an objective answer to this, this is just my interpretation and you could definitely make an argument for the opposite.
@Spheromancer in reality your comment offers many interesting ideas, but the doubt always arises...
Nov 24, 2023 5:01 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to Leon888
@Merve2Love Evidently you don't even know what we're talking about, you know we're talking about Hunter x Hunter yes? not your fan fiction 😂
@Leon888

No cheap shot will change the fact the Show explains these things :) Look, a lot of people told you that. I don't get why it's such a big deal^^ Sorry if I offended you, tho.
Nov 24, 2023 8:35 PM
Feb 2023
no he is not a spider simple proof curapika said to the boss of the spiders that if any one tells or give information of here or revile that you dont have nen powers boss will dye but after telling hisoka he never did die so hisoka is not a spider
Nov 25, 2023 7:24 PM
Jun 2021
7982711126 said:
no he is not a spider simple proof curapika said to the boss of the spiders that if any one tells or give information of here or revile that you dont have nen powers boss will dye but after telling hisoka he never did die so hisoka is not a spider

I didn’t wanna explain any further for the slow ones but hisoka has the tattoo number 4( it’s not on his body technically but he’s the only one that knows that) he WAS a member FULL FLEDGE MEMBER. he quits ( and removes His tattoo that was bungie gummed on) as he challenges Chrollo to a fight. Chrollo then disclosed that he is no longer able to use nen and I’m pretty sure one of the spider member overheard. And that’s on 3-4 years of memory
Nov 25, 2023 7:25 PM
Jun 2021
Leon888 said:
@guts4ever But can you read? Or literally asked if they would work on Hisoka since he was part of the spider...

Buddy you are slow I think you should watch different show
Nov 25, 2023 8:36 PM
Jun 2021
Leon888 said:
One thing that made me wonder about Hisoka is if he was actually part of the spider, since towards the end he says he pretended to go in for personal reasons, but so officially Hisoka was never part of the spider? If for example Kurapika had used the chains on Hisoka would they have worked or not?

I watched two episodes now to confirm I’m right. one where kurapika explains his powers in FULL DETAIL and the one where hisoka QUITS the phantom troupe good luck bud
Nov 25, 2023 8:41 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:

Nice Thread^^

Wait I thought you were the only one with a brain hear. the chain would work on hisoka up until after York new city. And even after that he technically can use a chain on anyone. 2 chains are specifically for use on the spiders while the others are limited by the color of his eyes. Which is all fully explained in York new
Nov 25, 2023 8:45 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to guts4ever
Merve2Love said:

Nice Thread^^

Wait I thought you were the only one with a brain hear. the chain would work on hisoka up until after York new city. And even after that he technically can use a chain on anyone. 2 chains are specifically for use on the spiders while the others are limited by the color of his eyes. Which is all fully explained in York new
@guts4ever

Exactly what I said : "The Chains (plural) wouldn't work"

I know you really want it to....but flooding the Thread, proving a random internet guy wrong, who just doesn't know what he's talking about, does not make your brain any better than his or gives you an identity. Im sorry. ^^
Nov 25, 2023 8:48 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

I know you really want it to....but flooding the Thread, proving a random internet guy wrong, who just doesn't know what he's talking about, does not make your brain any better than his or gives you an identity. Im sorry. ^^

The guys question is will the chains work on hisoka while he’s a spider and the answer is yes
Nov 25, 2023 8:50 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

And most of the “chains” plural are able to be used on anyone so even after York new yes he can use the chains on hisoka
Nov 25, 2023 8:51 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

He uses his chains on gon leorio and kurapika putting a dagger on there hearts they are not spiders are they?
Nov 25, 2023 8:56 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to guts4ever
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

The guys question is will the chains work on hisoka while he’s a spider and the answer is yes
@guts4ever

But Hisoka never was a Spider. He was masquerading as one, never considered himself a member AND he actually faked having the tattoo, with the help of his cloth skin technique. No. Hisoka was not a spider. He was using/working with them.

THIS is not even the funny part about OP's question, since she semi-legit. It's just weird calling out a character like Hisoka as a "fraud"
Nov 25, 2023 8:58 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

But Hisoka never was a Spider. He was masquerading as one, never considered himself a member AND he actually faked having the tattoo, with the help of his cloth skin technique. No. Hisoka was not a spider. He was using/working with them.

THIS is not even the funny part about OP's question, since she semi-legit. It's just weird calling out a character like Hisoka as a "fraud"

Hisoka joined the spiders he quits as he challenges Chrollo to a fight by getting rid of his tattoo with nen and saying “now this won’t break the in fighting rule”
Because the spiders aren’t allowed to fight each other.
Nov 25, 2023 9:00 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

He’s not using them his sole purpose for joining was to get a chance to fight chrollo that literally it. He joined to get close to chrollo and then quit to fight him. And chrollo doesn’t say anything about not being able to use nen until after hisoka self proclaims to quit the spiders. You are wrong buddy
Nov 25, 2023 9:01 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

And I already said your entire comment 2 hours ago so I don’t even know what you’re missing
Nov 25, 2023 9:05 PM

Apr 2020
My dude this is not a chat. You seem to have major problems understanding Forums and how to take part in them^^
You can continue. But it's not fun.

My dude, read your own stuff -> By fake joining the spider he used(!) their rules, so they couldn't kill him. He faked his membership. You're trying to convince me of something that I was telling you xD

Here's what I'll do, watch, sociopath:

-> You're just right. Nobody in here but you has a brain. You won. Congratz. Im out. <-
Nov 25, 2023 9:20 PM
Jun 2021
So he joined the spiders so kurapika can use the chains that are limited to only spiders regardless of intentions did hisoka join the spiders ? And yes you used a bunch of vague words tryin make it fit your point but when you put all the information in it’s obvious you are wrong. You should look up the definition of a forum I guess
Nov 25, 2023 9:24 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
My dude this is not a chat. You seem to have major problems understanding Forums and how to take part in them^^

My dude, read your own stuff -> By fake joining the spider he used(!) their rules, so they couldn't kill him. He faked his membership. You're trying to convince me of something that I was telling you xD

-> You're just right. Nobody in here but you has a brain. You won. Congratz. Im out. <-

You haven’t made a single point this whole time you e literally just said nah I’m right your wrong and then at the end went full grade schooler sorry you couldn’t pick apart a single point I made
Nov 25, 2023 9:27 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:

Disagree with me = sociopath
Yea I think that’s pretty self explanatory
Nov 26, 2023 7:05 AM
Dec 2017
Reply to Merve2Love
@Leon888

No cheap shot will change the fact the Show explains these things :) Look, a lot of people told you that. I don't get why it's such a big deal^^ Sorry if I offended you, tho.
@Merve2Love Reread the comments then, since those people you quote don't even know how to give a definitive answer, but I understand that talking bullshit is easier for you ;)
Apr 22, 12:52 PM
Jun 2021
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

I’m randomly re reading this shit today. you’re still a moron lol three chains are specifically for troupe members and TWO CAN BE USED ON ANYONE. A N Y O N E
Apr 22, 1:06 PM

Apr 2020
Reply to guts4ever
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

I’m randomly re reading this shit today. you’re still a moron lol three chains are specifically for troupe members and TWO CAN BE USED ON ANYONE. A N Y O N E
@guts4ever

I am?^^

Oh, well. Guess I have to live with that.
Apr 23, 5:18 AM

Dec 2015
Reply to guts4ever
Merve2Love said:
@guts4ever

@guts4ever Only Jain Chail is Spider-exclusive. Judgement Chain while originally intended to be reserved for them was adjusted to be usable on everyone, and the rest is also usable on everyone.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 69 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HybridMBL - Mar 2, 2013

139 by Nerdason »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 68 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

RX-782 - Feb 23, 2013

200 by Nerdason »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 67 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

RX-782 - Feb 16, 2013

102 by Nerdason »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 117 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 18, 2014

239 by axya_saravs »»
Yesterday, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Hunter x Hunter (2011) Episode 108 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2013

291 by TheOtherJN »»
Yesterday, 3:50 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.