Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

I will never be the same, and I could never watch this anime the same way, but this was a masterpiece (spoilers)

Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2023 10:54 AM
Oct 2023
I have watched many anime more than once... I will never watch this ever again.
Nov 5, 2023 12:12 PM
Dec 2022
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..
It’s hard to put into words how I feel about this episode, first of all this was an absolute masterpiece to say the least, I wouldn’t change a thing about this ending, it’s the best thing I have ever watched in my life. While also being the most painful thing I have ever watched as well.. I have never cried this hard from a show, my heart was physically hurting and even now 3 hours later I can’t stop crying haha.

This was the most perfect ending I’ve ever seen, before that it was Code Geass ending that was my favorite, but AOT one upped it.
I always found it weird how in Code Geass it’s implied that
I have always loved this show for not being afraid to hurt the viewer’s feelings, and man did I get my wish granted with this finale..):

I watched the first 3 seasons so many times before finally watching the 4th last month (I hate cliffhangers so I’ve been waiting for AOT to end for like two years to start the 4th season) and I lived it through other people’s reactions over and over again because that’s the closest I can get to experiencing this masterpiece as if it was for first time, and now, after everything that happened in season 4 I’ll never be able to watch it the same again, it will never be the same and I’ll never be the same.. my mind is beyond blown, I am traumatized beyond words, and I still wouldn’t change a thing. Isayama you are a genius❤️

I’ll end this with a question, maybe something I hope could be an alternative ending, I know I said I wouldn’t change a thing but it’s too painful to not think about “solutions”

This will forever be my favorite piece of media, along with being a huge scar on my heart, thank you for reading.

This is so hard to read and I won’t really address anything much here except for the terrible misconception you have regarding CG ending. The war being over nations finding peace to focus on smaller problems did not at all imply that wars will never happen at all. The cycle of hatred Lelouch ended through zero requiem was the cycle of hatred created by the Britainnia Empire towards the world and his peace worked because he took on the hatred with something much more. Aot is unrealistic approach of the idea of the cycle of hatred because they think peace can never be kept, the problem isnt the idea itself but that they executed it in a inaccurate way that doesn’t even portray the idea. They show war coming back to paradis after decades/centuries, but its unrealistic that it didn’t happen way before. The mere fact that the marlyeans and 20% of humanity that was left simply believed the word of armin, and eldian from paradis that they hated whole heartly. The reason why peace wouldn’t even last at all in aot to begin with isnt because of cycle of hatred never ending but because Eren didnt fulfill his desired goal. In code Geass it shows that The world reached peace not just because Lelouch became a common enemy to all nations and made them unite against his force, but also because he managed to find the necessary leadership and authority to have his newly found peace and maintained it under control. Erens “peace” was resulted as worthless because he failed in his goal because he overlooked so many things needed to maintain it while in contrary Lelouch looked over everything necessary to maintain his peace. Remember that it was never once stated in CG that peace was meant to be eternal or that peace implied to suddenly be nirvana of happiness, no in fact Lelouch himself never wanted that as he rejects his fathers plan of eternal peace (his fathers plan actually being more similar to rumbling if it was completed in both cases resulting something similar) because Lelouch believed in human and metaphysical nature of time, change, and future as well as free will which humans use to determine the course of their future.
Nov 5, 2023 12:56 PM
May 2019
i sobbed so much that i got a headache, and this is coming from someone who witnessed the ending as a manga reader two and a half years ago, it hit way harder, and yes, this ending, this story as a whole, was so beautiful in the most painful way ever, i love it and i hate it, this sense of dread and emptiness it left me with, accompanied with a bit of comfort and acceptance, nothing has ever touched me this deeply and i doubt anything else would, thank you everyone, for the ride, thank you isayama, wit, mappa, i shall continue sobbing because i have attachment issues and i can not get over the fact that it has all ended ;(.
Nov 5, 2023 3:43 PM
Dec 2015
itzswxzy said:
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..
It’s hard to put into words how I feel about this episode, first of all this was an absolute masterpiece to say the least, I wouldn’t change a thing about this ending, it’s the best thing I have ever watched in my life. While also being the most painful thing I have ever watched as well.. I have never cried this hard from a show, my heart was physically hurting and even now 3 hours later I can’t stop crying haha.

This was the most perfect ending I’ve ever seen, before that it was Code Geass ending that was my favorite, but AOT one upped it.
I have always loved this show for not being afraid to hurt the viewer’s feelings, and man did I get my wish granted with this finale..):

I watched the first 3 seasons so many times before finally watching the 4th last month (I hate cliffhangers so I’ve been waiting for AOT to end for like two years to start the 4th season) and I lived it through other people’s reactions over and over again because that’s the closest I can get to experiencing this masterpiece as if it was for first time, and now, after everything that happened in season 4 I’ll never be able to watch it the same again, it will never be the same and I’ll never be the same.. my mind is beyond blown, I am traumatized beyond words, and I still wouldn’t change a thing. Isayama you are a genius❤️

I’ll end this with a question, maybe something I hope could be an alternative ending, I know I said I wouldn’t change a thing but it’s too painful to not think about “solutions”

This will forever be my favorite piece of media, along with being a huge scar on my heart, thank you for reading.

This is so hard to read and I won’t really address anything much here except for the terrible misconception you have regarding CG ending. The war being over nations finding peace to focus on smaller problems did not at all imply that wars will never happen at all. The cycle of hatred Lelouch ended through zero requiem was the cycle of hatred created by the Britainnia Empire towards the world and his peace worked because he took on the hatred with something much more. Aot is unrealistic approach of the idea of the cycle of hatred because they think peace can never be kept, the problem isnt the idea itself but that they executed it in a inaccurate way that doesn’t even portray the idea. They show war coming back to paradis after decades/centuries, but its unrealistic that it didn’t happen way before. The mere fact that the marlyeans and 20% of humanity that was left simply believed the word of armin, and eldian from paradis that they hated whole heartly. The reason why peace wouldn’t even last at all in aot to begin with isnt because of cycle of hatred never ending but because Eren didnt fulfill his desired goal. In code Geass it shows that The world reached peace not just because Lelouch became a common enemy to all nations and made them unite against his force, but also because he managed to find the necessary leadership and authority to have his newly found peace and maintained it under control. Erens “peace” was resulted as worthless because he failed in his goal because he overlooked so many things needed to maintain it while in contrary Lelouch looked over everything necessary to maintain his peace. Remember that it was never once stated in CG that peace was meant to be eternal or that peace implied to suddenly be nirvana of happiness, no in fact Lelouch himself never wanted that as he rejects his fathers plan of eternal peace (his fathers plan actually being more similar to rumbling if it was completed in both cases resulting something similar) because Lelouch believed in human and metaphysical nature of time, change, and future as well as free will which humans use to determine the course of their future.

Don’t get me wrong, Code Geass ending is still in my top 3 endings, it’s a masterpiece, I just said that AOT one upped it because they didn’t leave it on an “happy ending false hope note” like CG did, there he united everyone’s hatred to focus on him, but once he’s gone and everyone forget war will happen again, but they didn’t show it, they left it on a happy note, AOT one upped it by throwing the realism at your face that everything this was built for was destroyed once again because that’s human nature, and I loved that realism.

About no one attacking Eldians they showed that they formed an Army, they were probably the most advanced out of the people that were left, everyone else lived in poverty after the rumbling and barely had a place to live, who’d attack them exactly? The only other people with weapons are the ones who saw Eldians stopping the rumbling, that’s fact in stone that they were not enemies, they literally saved them.

Eren did fulfill his desired goal, to let his friends live long happy lives in freedom.

In CG we are left on a happy united note, peace that can stay for some time but is not endless, but at the same time it’d make no sense to show war starting again in CG and would defeat the point of the ending, but in AOT it made perfect sense to show that for the narrative of the ending and the show as a whole, which I liked better.

Neither ending should be touched or changed, both are masterpieces.
Nov 5, 2023 3:51 PM
Dec 2015
Suzuya-Nano-Chan said:
i sobbed so much that i got a headache, and this is coming from someone who witnessed the ending as a manga reader two and a half years ago, it hit way harder, and yes, this ending, this story as a whole, was so beautiful in the most painful way ever, i love it and i hate it, this sense of dread and emptiness it left me with, accompanied with a bit of comfort and acceptance, nothing has ever touched me this deeply and i doubt anything else would, thank you everyone, for the ride, thank you isayama, wit, mappa, i shall continue sobbing because i have attachment issues and i can not get over the fact that it has all ended ;(.

Oh my god same! My head hurt so much I’ve been crying for like 10 hours now, watching those edits on TikTok too💔

I am broken..

And when my head hurt it reminded me of Mikasa’s headaches which made me remember and think about the ending which made me cry more which caused more headaches, never ending cycle.. which is also an AOT reference lol😭

It’s a true love hate relationship with AOT): I hate Isayama but I also love and bow to him for this masterpiece, when I heard he apologized for the ending I thought it’s because people hated it and he said like “sorry I ruined it” but now I feel like he apologizes for hurting so many people, and I definitely appreciate this apology haha, he should never apologize for how he wanted his story to end but apologizing for this pain, this is well deserved 😭

I don’t know if I’m ever gonna heal from this.. I too feel so empty now;-;

The only comfort I can find right now is the new chapter he’s releasing with 18 new pages, I cling to that, otherwise I’d be even more broken right now, at least I can heal from this ending knowing it’s not the absolute end, so I don’t have to mourn AOT ending forever just yet):
Nov 5, 2023 3:54 PM
May 2023
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

Well said this was so fucking good omg 😭 i liked aot sm before but now it's ended, idk like it unlocked an totally other level of my love for this show. Also, about eren death, i think if he survived it would have been very painful for him, like he have the responsability of killing 80% of humanity, that's fucking huge !! Plus i feel like him having this much power was more like a curse than anything else, like how can you stay sane when you can tell the fucking futur?! and with all the pressure he had to make things right and the complexity of the aot world, yes i think it was kinda impossible for him to end well since the moment he had this power so yeah i think it's good if he can rest in peace🕊️
Nov 5, 2023 4:28 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Reading this post, I'm so happy for you that you've had this amazing, emotional experience watching this anime! That's really something special.

Many people will have strong opinions about the plot and the ending of AoT (both positive and negative) but no matter what other people might say, I hope you get to keep feeling the way you're feeling about this show and that it will remain an important experience for you in the future. That's the best part of watching anime after all, experiencing those rare, really amazing shows that just blow your mind and leave a lasting impression.
Happy you got to have that with AoT!!
Nov 5, 2023 4:37 PM
Dec 2022
baryaakov555 said:
itzswxzy said:

Don’t get me wrong, Code Geass ending is still in my top 3 endings, it’s a masterpiece, I just said that AOT one upped it because they didn’t leave it on an “happy ending false hope note” like CG did, there he united everyone’s hatred to focus on him, but once he’s gone and everyone forget war will happen again, but they didn’t show it, they left it on a happy note, AOT one upped it by throwing the realism at your face that everything this was built for was destroyed once again because that’s human nature, and I loved that realism.

About no one attacking Eldians they showed that they formed an Army, they were probably the most advanced out of the people that were left, everyone else lived in poverty after the rumbling and barely had a place to live, who’d attack them exactly? The only other people with weapons are the ones who saw Eldians stopping the rumbling, that’s fact in stone that they were not enemies, they literally saved them.

Eren did fulfill his desired goal, to let his friends live long happy lives in freedom.

In CG we are left on a happy united note, peace that can stay for some time but is not endless, but at the same time it’d make no sense to show war starting again in CG and would defeat the point of the ending, but in AOT it made perfect sense to show that for the narrative of the ending and the show as a whole, which I liked better.

Thanks for replying by ignoring literally everything I addressed while you kept reiterating the stuff that I addressed. Aot didn’t one up it, it wasn’t even in the same tier to begin with. “Happy ending false hope note” what false hope note? How did it leave on this sort of description? What about it was false hope? Are you saying CG got “one upped” because code geass managed to have a happy ending? This is a 12 year old argument. Lets break this argument down. “There he united everyones hatred to focus on him,” yes, so did eren in aot. “But once hes gone everyone forget war will happen again,” yes and the same thing happened when eren was gone except for some reason Marley and the 20% of humanity left suddenly believed a word of a eldian from paradis who claimed X, Y, and Z without any form of evidence and after that everyone especially that commander dude in Marley was like “yeah, No more fighty!” Showing that at the brink of death it finally hit him somehow. Code Geass left it on a happy note, ok? And so aot one upped it because Code geass left on a “happy note” ? I mean what even determines this “happy note” ? For lot of people and even sometimes myself, CG ending was sad and bittersweet and if we wanna take into the account of the result of both Lelouch and Erens achievements determining what is and isnt a “happy note” well then in that case both stories ended in a “happy note” considering erens goal of protecting his loved ones is considered a happy note ending just as how Lelouch’s is with protecting his love ones. You’re double standard logic of a 12 year old fails. “Aot one upped it by throwing realism at your face” lmfao dont make me laugh, what realism is in aot exactly? Do you think spamming the gore and tragedy effect over and over and over and over and over for the past decade and 4 seasons is this realism you hung onto? You think Erens rumbling plan being terrible and result failing in the after credits is “realism” ? “That everything this was built for was destroyed once again because of human nature, and I love that realism.” This has to be the most pseudo intellectual garbage in this entire thread. What does that even amount to saying? That no amount of progression is worth anything because it will all be destroyed and thats because its human nature? Which sort of philosophical ideology is that? I mean seriously where do you get this “realism” from? Who said this was realism? This is BS dude. Nothing about AOT is realistic especially not the ending, if you think That the rumbling was the only choice to getting what Eren wanted initially (which supposedly was protecting his friends) then he could have done it in another way via having access to the founding titans power at almost all times, he even says that he chose to go with the rumbling because isayama retconned his and armins character to be this psychopath who just wanted humanity wiped out because of his idealistic perception of freedom. Code Geass ending is the most realistic and truest approach to Peace and freedom because it takes on an idealistic desire such as peace and finds to complete it through the most realistic approach possible in their world and those methods can be even comparably plausible to our world such as the idea of common universal enemy which shown to work pragmatically in the past and it even shows how to gain control over the peace to make it actually longer lasting, not even that but you clearly don’t realize that Lelouch’s Zero Requiem and Code Geass ending werent about eternal peace and happiness and no more wars forever, Lelouch didnt even want that or else he would just accept charles plan. Instead Lelouch through zero requiem granted the world and humanity freedom to determine their own future in a more positive way, allowing them to solve problems because the main conflict and war in the world was between Britainnian empires superpower that took over most of the planet and Lelouch became the final ruler of the empire and causing more devastation throughout the world than anyone else in history and after being the Pinnacle of evil and hatred of the entire worlds perception, he was killed off and his death wasnt what simply brought the peace, it was the UFN, Black knights, Zero/Suzaku that helped unite peace and maintain it, This is true realism as it goes to even show the problems of our governments flaws and why our modern day society can’t reach peace globally. Code Geass demonstrates true problem solving skills and methods for real world problems and leaves it up with giving multiple choices which is much more realistic than the idea of a fixed future and destiny like determinism which is what aot fans like to argue to justify the rumbling.

Are you forgetting the fact that Eldians in paradis were also in a terrible condition via aftermath of Marley attack and only formed a “army” (which compared to possibly billion more people left after the rumbling consisting of the 20% is nothing) where is it stated or shown that everyone else after the rumbling was in poverty or even a worse state than people in paradis were? As for who attacked them, well id say the couple of hundred million people possibly left after the rumbling? Which people with weapons saw the eldians stopping the rumbling exactly? They didnt even know the cause or stoppage of the rumbling besides what was fed to them from the eldians that they happened to hate just before they were in brink of extinction so you cant argue its factual when its never actually truly confirmed.

“Eren did fulfill his desired goal to let his friends live long happy lives in freedom” hmm cool, so he also had what you like to call “happy ending false hope note” nice job confirming your double standard.

“In CG we are left on a happy united note,” just like aot is yes. “Peace can stay for some time but its not endless” yes mmm kinda like what both series implied both directly. “But at the same time itd make no sense to show war starting again in Cg and would defeat the point of the ending” yes which leads me to question and wonder wtf the point of your entire response and criticism of Cg ending was in regards to aots, firstly you’re blatantly admitting here that CG ending is perfect via them not doing what aot did as it would ruin the purpose of Cgs ending and at the same time you’re proving my point about Aots ending, with Cgs ending they did not need to show a new looped conflict about to start up again when the story is literally ending and without doing that they still manage to convey the message before hand about peace not being eternal and war and conflict being part of human nature, I mean if you wanna get nitty gritty for literal sense kallen narrates of the ending saying “of course, all sorts of problems remain. But even so…” , for some reason in aot they did show a new conflict starting up but they did this right after establishing eren accomplished his goals and it cheapened the whole cathartic element for people, they clearly didnt need to show war happening years after mikasas death to establish the idea of peace and the cycle of hatred being never ending.

I agree that both endings suit and fit the series thought.
Nov 5, 2023 4:41 PM

Dec 2012
Reply to Biisoo
baryaakov555 said:
Biisoo said:

Because if Eren didnt die then the Titan powers would still exist. His whole purpose was to eradicate all of them and he achieved that with his death.
Meanwhile allowing his friends to live and be called Heroes.
It makes sense actually.

But he had the founders powers which could control Eldian’s bodies, why couldn’t he make it so they can’t turn into titans anymore?):

Because that was not what Ymir wished for, You see.
Ymir could only be freed from her curse of loving Fritz if Mikasa killed Eren (her loved one). Seeing this, Ymir finally moved on from Fritz.
I think you understand now, The founding powers will work only if Ymir allows it, so no he wont have been able to change Eldian bodies or convert them back to normal.
I hope I made it clear.
@Biisoo " Ymir could only be freed from her curse of loving Fritz if Mikasa killed Eren (her loved one). Seeing this, Ymir finally moved on from Fritz."
That's very convenient but is in no way consistent or logical. Basic breakdown in case you don't understand me:

1. Mikasa loves Eren due to him being a willful figure omnipresent in her life since childhood. Ymir loves Fritz because...the author just told you. Does she have any reason at all to love him? Even if you somehow consider when she was impregnated and killed Fritz's enemies she was cool making her own children cannibalize her would offset that "love" even slightly. There's no scene where Fritz is in any way affectionate toward her.

2. Let's suppose the love thing is true regardless. "could only be freed from her curse" Why? Because the author just told you? Yes Mikasa kills Eren. So what? Ymir doesn't kill Fritz. "Seeing this, Ymir moves on" why? Does it give any impression that Mikasa stopped loving Eren? Through what means does the curse being lifted become defined by "you must see someone else who simps for an asshole kill him to get over your own similar(?) situation which was already resolved millenia ago" ?

Again: I'm not saying that what you saw and what you described isn't true and valid. I'm just saying that what was shown and told up to that point does not describe, foreshadow and explain the reason/logic/mechanism that lead to the conclusion we got. It was all "because Isayama said so" which is poor storytelling.

It's the same as Captain Marvel, the entire movie: spectacle without any frames.
Nov 5, 2023 7:39 PM

Apr 2015
postblitz said:
@Biisoo " Ymir could only be freed from her curse of loving Fritz if Mikasa killed Eren (her loved one). Seeing this, Ymir finally moved on from Fritz."
That's very convenient but is in no way consistent or logical. Basic breakdown in case you don't understand me:

1. Mikasa loves Eren due to him being a willful figure omnipresent in her life since childhood. Ymir loves Fritz because...the author just told you. Does she have any reason at all to love him? Even if you somehow consider when she was impregnated and killed Fritz's enemies she was cool making her own children cannibalize her would offset that "love" even slightly. There's no scene where Fritz is in any way affectionate toward her.

2. Let's suppose the love thing is true regardless. "could only be freed from her curse" Why? Because the author just told you? Yes Mikasa kills Eren. So what? Ymir doesn't kill Fritz. "Seeing this, Ymir moves on" why? Does it give any impression that Mikasa stopped loving Eren? Through what means does the curse being lifted become defined by "you must see someone else who simps for an asshole kill him to get over your own similar(?) situation which was already resolved millenia ago" ?

Again: I'm not saying that what you saw and what you described isn't true and valid. I'm just saying that what was shown and told up to that point does not describe, foreshadow and explain the reason/logic/mechanism that lead to the conclusion we got. It was all "because Isayama said so" which is poor storytelling.

It's the same as Captain Marvel, the entire movie: spectacle without any frames.

I respect your opinion and you've put up some really though provoking points, as to your question about why Ymir loved Fritz. Thats what Isayama has defined in his story and so that's a fact, regardless if he shows Ymir falling for Fritz or etc. If the author makes a canonical fact then that doesnt mean its bad writing or something. You've seen many stories I'm sure in which the creator says X hates Y and vice verse so in that regard I dont think we needed much fleshing on Ymir's feelings or past.

I personally think, within the confines of the rules and story that Isayama set, this was the best way he could have ended it. Again, maybe someone else could have made a better ending but this is Isayama and his vision and I respect and love that. Atleast he had the guts to end his story on his own terms rather than giving fans an Eren x Mikasa ending (which honestly wont make sense).

I like your points and respect them, I hope you can understand what I said aswell.
But anyways, Different people different opinions.
But I think that if an ending makes you atleast think a little about the what ifs then that's also a good ending no?

People comparing this to GOT ending, I personally think its no competition, The GOT ending was just a unanimous mess.
Peace ✌️
Nov 6, 2023 2:48 AM

Dec 2012
Reply to Biisoo
postblitz said:

I respect your opinion and you've put up some really though provoking points, as to your question about why Ymir loved Fritz. Thats what Isayama has defined in his story and so that's a fact, regardless if he shows Ymir falling for Fritz or etc. If the author makes a canonical fact then that doesnt mean its bad writing or something. You've seen many stories I'm sure in which the creator says X hates Y and vice verse so in that regard I dont think we needed much fleshing on Ymir's feelings or past.

I personally think, within the confines of the rules and story that Isayama set, this was the best way he could have ended it. Again, maybe someone else could have made a better ending but this is Isayama and his vision and I respect and love that. Atleast he had the guts to end his story on his own terms rather than giving fans an Eren x Mikasa ending (which honestly wont make sense).

I like your points and respect them, I hope you can understand what I said aswell.
But anyways, Different people different opinions.
But I think that if an ending makes you atleast think a little about the what ifs then that's also a good ending no?

People comparing this to GOT ending, I personally think its no competition, The GOT ending was just a unanimous mess.
Peace ✌️
@Biisoo " If the author makes a canonical fact then that doesnt mean its bad writing or something. You've seen many stories I'm sure in which the creator says X hates Y and vice verse so in that regard I dont think we needed much fleshing on Ymir's feelings or past."

By and large that's exactly what I said so yes you got it but you don't see it as a problem and I do. Where you don't see it as the same as GoT's ending is where your understanding branches off because to me "ymir just kinda loved fritz" (when what is shown is just outright abusive and shitty all around - not even close to Ymir being googley-eyed like Moekasa was in the first seasons) is exactly the same as "Daeneris just kinda forgot about the black fleet" or when she just DOESN'T surpass her ancestor's condition... because the author just DOES it, like you said.

You mentioned yourself that " giving fans an Eren x Mikasa ending (which honestly wont make sense)." yet the entire reason you KNOW it doesn't make sense is exactly why the Simp Eren scene is maximum cringe and character assassination: it makes the protagonist suddenly behave like a beta loser where it hasn't been hinted at any point during the entire decades long story that he actually has any affection-like feelings for any woman, nevermind Mikasa. It doesn't make sense indeed.

If Attack On Titan had behaved this way from the start e.g. "Bertoltd and Reiner just kinda went fucking nuts and killed Eren's town because the author said so" then it's safe to say nobody would give a damn about this series entirely - and many series often do exactly this.

But sure, I don't mean to take away anyone's enjoyment. It's still nicely animated and acted. The story does its job for 90% of the runtime. Too bad the ending is what it is for my sake. I've always personally hated all stories that botch the ending, regardless how good the rest of it is.

The series could've ended in many ways before the word "Marley" was ever used or the place was shown. Regardless, that's what Isayama chose so that's what we get. I'm sympathetic to both people who hated everything he did since then and to those that still love the show and have to hear negative opinions about the story probably the first time ever.

Nov 6, 2023 2:57 AM

Apr 2015
postblitz said:
@Biisoo " If the author makes a canonical fact then that doesnt mean its bad writing or something. You've seen many stories I'm sure in which the creator says X hates Y and vice verse so in that regard I dont think we needed much fleshing on Ymir's feelings or past."

By and large that's exactly what I said so yes you got it but you don't see it as a problem and I do. Where you don't see it as the same as GoT's ending is where your understanding branches off because to me "ymir just kinda loved fritz" (when what is shown is just outright abusive and shitty all around - not even close to Ymir being googley-eyed like Moekasa was in the first seasons) is exactly the same as "Daeneris just kinda forgot about the black fleet" or when she just DOESN'T surpass her ancestor's condition... because the author just DOES it, like you said.

You mentioned yourself that " giving fans an Eren x Mikasa ending (which honestly wont make sense)." yet the entire reason you KNOW it doesn't make sense is exactly why the Simp Eren scene is maximum cringe and character assassination: it makes the protagonist suddenly behave like a beta loser where it hasn't been hinted at any point during the entire decades long story that he actually has any affection-like feelings for any woman, nevermind Mikasa. It doesn't make sense indeed.

If Attack On Titan had behaved this way from the start e.g. "Bertoltd and Reiner just kinda went fucking nuts and killed Eren's town because the author said so" then it's safe to say nobody would give a damn about this series entirely - and many series often do exactly this.

But sure, I don't mean to take away anyone's enjoyment. It's still nicely animated and acted. The story does its job for 90% of the runtime. Too bad the ending is what it is for my sake. I've always personally hated all stories that botch the ending, regardless how good the rest of it is.

The series could've ended in many ways before the word "Marley" was ever used or the place was shown. Regardless, that's what Isayama chose so that's what we get. I'm sympathetic to both people who hated everything he did since then and to those that still love the show and have to hear negative opinions about the story probably the first time ever.

This is a really well thought analysis actually, You're right in your regard.
To me what you say doesnt matter, To you what I say doesnt matter.
But we respect each other's opinions :).
Glad that you agree that despite the ending, Aot made its mark atleast.
Also I'm not one of those toxic fans who will try to convince you, you honestly are talking from your own viewpoint which is maybe a bit higher than my own thats why I can quite grasp it but I get the gist of what you're saying overall.

At the end of the day, It was a story made by Isayama and Iam glad that atleast he was not rushed by anyone and ended it like he thought it best. Atleast we got an ending, which is more than I can say for several anime or manga nowadays that just never end haha.
Nov 6, 2023 3:05 AM
Dec 2015
PenPennnnn said:
baryaakov555 said:
Wow..

Well said this was so fucking good omg 😭 i liked aot sm before but now it's ended, idk like it unlocked an totally other level of my love for this show. Also, about eren death, i think if he survived it would have been very painful for him, like he have the responsability of killing 80% of humanity, that's fucking huge !! Plus i feel like him having this much power was more like a curse than anything else, like how can you stay sane when you can tell the fucking futur?! and with all the pressure he had to make things right and the complexity of the aot world, yes i think it was kinda impossible for him to end well since the moment he had this power so yeah i think it's good if he can rest in peace🕊️

He can rest under the tree now😔💔
Nov 6, 2023 3:10 AM
Dec 2015
Celine3107 said:
Reading this post, I'm so happy for you that you've had this amazing, emotional experience watching this anime! That's really something special.

Many people will have strong opinions about the plot and the ending of AoT (both positive and negative) but no matter what other people might say, I hope you get to keep feeling the way you're feeling about this show and that it will remain an important experience for you in the future. That's the best part of watching anime after all, experiencing those rare, really amazing shows that just blow your mind and leave a lasting impression.
Happy you got to have that with AoT!!

Mhm! It made such a huge impact on me and I usually get emotionally attached to shows but with AOT it was on a whole new level, masterpiece is an understatement, this is both an amazing memory I’ll cherish for like and a huge scar on my heart that’ll never be gone😭❤️
Nov 6, 2023 3:39 AM
Dec 2015
itzswxzy said:
baryaakov555 said:

Thanks for replying by ignoring literally everything I addressed while you kept reiterating the stuff that I addressed. Aot didn’t one up it, it wasn’t even in the same tier to begin with. “Happy ending false hope note” what false hope note? How did it leave on this sort of description? What about it was false hope? Are you saying CG got “one upped” because code geass managed to have a happy ending? This is a 12 year old argument. Lets break this argument down. “There he united everyones hatred to focus on him,” yes, so did eren in aot. “But once hes gone everyone forget war will happen again,” yes and the same thing happened when eren was gone except for some reason Marley and the 20% of humanity left suddenly believed a word of a eldian from paradis who claimed X, Y, and Z without any form of evidence and after that everyone especially that commander dude in Marley was like “yeah, No more fighty!” Showing that at the brink of death it finally hit him somehow. Code Geass left it on a happy note, ok? And so aot one upped it because Code geass left on a “happy note” ? I mean what even determines this “happy note” ? For lot of people and even sometimes myself, CG ending was sad and bittersweet and if we wanna take into the account of the result of both Lelouch and Erens achievements determining what is and isnt a “happy note” well then in that case both stories ended in a “happy note” considering erens goal of protecting his loved ones is considered a happy note ending just as how Lelouch’s is with protecting his love ones. You’re double standard logic of a 12 year old fails. “Aot one upped it by throwing realism at your face” lmfao dont make me laugh, what realism is in aot exactly? Do you think spamming the gore and tragedy effect over and over and over and over and over for the past decade and 4 seasons is this realism you hung onto? You think Erens rumbling plan being terrible and result failing in the after credits is “realism” ? “That everything this was built for was destroyed once again because of human nature, and I love that realism.” This has to be the most pseudo intellectual garbage in this entire thread. What does that even amount to saying? That no amount of progression is worth anything because it will all be destroyed and thats because its human nature? Which sort of philosophical ideology is that? I mean seriously where do you get this “realism” from? Who said this was realism? This is BS dude. Nothing about AOT is realistic especially not the ending, if you think That the rumbling was the only choice to getting what Eren wanted initially (which supposedly was protecting his friends) then he could have done it in another way via having access to the founding titans power at almost all times, he even says that he chose to go with the rumbling because isayama retconned his and armins character to be this psychopath who just wanted humanity wiped out because of his idealistic perception of freedom. Code Geass ending is the most realistic and truest approach to Peace and freedom because it takes on an idealistic desire such as peace and finds to complete it through the most realistic approach possible in their world and those methods can be even comparably plausible to our world such as the idea of common universal enemy which shown to work pragmatically in the past and it even shows how to gain control over the peace to make it actually longer lasting, not even that but you clearly don’t realize that Lelouch’s Zero Requiem and Code Geass ending werent about eternal peace and happiness and no more wars forever, Lelouch didnt even want that or else he would just accept charles plan. Instead Lelouch through zero requiem granted the world and humanity freedom to determine their own future in a more positive way, allowing them to solve problems because the main conflict and war in the world was between Britainnian empires superpower that took over most of the planet and Lelouch became the final ruler of the empire and causing more devastation throughout the world than anyone else in history and after being the Pinnacle of evil and hatred of the entire worlds perception, he was killed off and his death wasnt what simply brought the peace, it was the UFN, Black knights, Zero/Suzaku that helped unite peace and maintain it, This is true realism as it goes to even show the problems of our governments flaws and why our modern day society can’t reach peace globally. Code Geass demonstrates true problem solving skills and methods for real world problems and leaves it up with giving multiple choices which is much more realistic than the idea of a fixed future and destiny like determinism which is what aot fans like to argue to justify the rumbling.

Are you forgetting the fact that Eldians in paradis were also in a terrible condition via aftermath of Marley attack and only formed a “army” (which compared to possibly billion more people left after the rumbling consisting of the 20% is nothing) where is it stated or shown that everyone else after the rumbling was in poverty or even a worse state than people in paradis were? As for who attacked them, well id say the couple of hundred million people possibly left after the rumbling? Which people with weapons saw the eldians stopping the rumbling exactly? They didnt even know the cause or stoppage of the rumbling besides what was fed to them from the eldians that they happened to hate just before they were in brink of extinction so you cant argue its factual when its never actually truly confirmed.

“Eren did fulfill his desired goal to let his friends live long happy lives in freedom” hmm cool, so he also had what you like to call “happy ending false hope note” nice job confirming your double standard.

“In CG we are left on a happy united note,” just like aot is yes. “Peace can stay for some time but its not endless” yes mmm kinda like what both series implied both directly. “But at the same time itd make no sense to show war starting again in Cg and would defeat the point of the ending” yes which leads me to question and wonder wtf the point of your entire response and criticism of Cg ending was in regards to aots, firstly you’re blatantly admitting here that CG ending is perfect via them not doing what aot did as it would ruin the purpose of Cgs ending and at the same time you’re proving my point about Aots ending, with Cgs ending they did not need to show a new looped conflict about to start up again when the story is literally ending and without doing that they still manage to convey the message before hand about peace not being eternal and war and conflict being part of human nature, I mean if you wanna get nitty gritty for literal sense kallen narrates of the ending saying “of course, all sorts of problems remain. But even so…” , for some reason in aot they did show a new conflict starting up but they did this right after establishing eren accomplished his goals and it cheapened the whole cathartic element for people, they clearly didnt need to show war happening years after mikasas death to establish the idea of peace and the cycle of hatred being never ending.

I literally addressed everything you wrote wdym ignoring bruh..

Tf you mean somehow, you didn’t even read what I wrote… that commander was gonna get flattened and he saw Eldians stopping the rumbling, what else do you need??

And I answered the false hope too, false hope in CG that war is over and everyone is united which will break at some point but it wasn’t shown unlike in AOT which was shown.

Both endings are bittersweet but CG’s one left it on a note that war is gone, while AOT left it on a note that war will always be there no matter what we do.

The realism in AOT is that it’s a cruel world and no matter what we do humans will find a way to be divided again and start wars.

That’s exactly why I love that, because of that realism, his plan never failed, he never aimed for world peace, he aimed for good lives for his friends, rumbling was gonna fail even if just Eldians were alive.

It’s realism because it reflects on our world, IRL you see humans having wars all the time and it never ends and it’s never gonna end, and again all the progress was for his friends not for the world, Eren never cared about the world, he was disappointed that there were even humans outside of the walls, when he knew that he wanted to level everything.

CG’s ending didn’t affect me the way AOT did.

Everything was leveled, how’d they even get the the island bruh, the people with guns are the commander and his soldiers, other people are just citizens why would they attack Eldia, this is a post apocalyptic world, something huge as the rumbling just happened and you expect wars to start right away? Be realistic, if 1000 nukes were launched and leveled earth today killing 80% of people you think tomorrow everyone that’s left would go to war? They’d be traumatized hiding somewhere. You are not seeing it from their POV.

What false hope bruh he literally fulfilled his goal🤦🏻‍♂️ it’s like talking to a wall omg

We are not left on an everyone united note in AOT..
Only CG implied, AOT showed it.
My point is that I simply liked AOT’s ending more for showing that war is not over? I don’t get why you are so upset with this, watching this made me feel more than watching CG’s ending.
In AOT it was needed to show that, it enhanced that ending showing the realism of human nature, and delivering one final blow to everyone’s hearts, which I love in shows.

If you agree that both endings suit why do you hate AOT’s ending..
Nov 6, 2023 3:45 AM
Dec 2015
postblitz said:

You got this all wrong,
Ymir loved him but was also a slave to him, she did anything she was told no matter if he hurt her or never showed affection.

Mikasa Killing Eren shows Ymir what life she could’ve had if she didn’t die for Fritz, it showed her what she should’ve done and broke that love feeling she had for Fritz, it showed her that even tho Mikasa Loves Eren she had to kill him, showing her that love shouldn’t be what stops you from doing so.
Nov 6, 2023 6:48 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

AOT’s ending had a much bigger impact on me, and was more realistic in terms of the future after the ending.
Code Geass left you with false hope while AOT did what it does best, crashing your hope. And I’m a masochist when is comes to watching anime haha

I felt the opposite. AOT ending was false hope . All that just for eren to die and the hatred just to be reborn again??? It would’ve been better if eren killled them alll. Aot ending was the worst part of the series . CD was a masterpiece the ending was not a false hope? He destroyed the empire and Unified the power by bringing in a “hero” . Like aot said “ history repeats itselfs” he should of just killed them all.

By false hope I mean for after the ending, realistically there will always be wars, that’s human’s nature, making it seem like everyone is unified and war is gone forever is unrealistic, don’t get me wrong tho Code Geass is a masterpiece as well and the ending is fantastic, AOT just one upped it by giving that devastating fact that war is endless and it’ll all repeat itself, because realistically humans could never just live in peace with one another, but it’s bittersweet as well because he at least made sure his friends will have long happy life before that history repeating.

I was always on Eren’s side, and I too thought he should’ve killed all of them, and have Eldians the only remaining humans, but after this ending I’m not sure anymore, he never wanted this either, he had to do it and he did it knowing he’s gonna die. After I knew that fact, I don’t know if the rumbling wiping out everyone would’ve been the better ending. I’m super conflicted on this right now.

One thing I’m sure about is that seeing Gabi alive and happy was one of the worst feelings…
@baryaakov555 What do you mean by "Eren didn't want this"??? He literally outright told Armin that he wanted to kill everyone outside the island in their final conversation. Eren isn't a good person.
Nov 6, 2023 6:50 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
raulfromzoro said:
baryaakov555 said:

AOT’s ending had a much bigger impact on me, and was more realistic in terms of the future after the ending.
Code Geass left you with false hope while AOT did what it does best, crashing your hope. And I’m a masochist when is comes to watching anime haha

I felt the opposite. AOT ending was false hope . All that just for eren to die and the hatred just to be reborn again??? It would’ve been better if eren killled them alll. Aot ending was the worst part of the series . CD was a masterpiece the ending was not a false hope? He destroyed the empire and Unified the power by bringing in a “hero” . Like aot said “ history repeats itselfs” he should of just killed them all.

By false hope I mean for after the ending, realistically there will always be wars, that’s human’s nature, making it seem like everyone is unified and war is gone forever is unrealistic, don’t get me wrong tho Code Geass is a masterpiece as well and the ending is fantastic, AOT just one upped it by giving that devastating fact that war is endless and it’ll all repeat itself, because realistically humans could never just live in peace with one another, but it’s bittersweet as well because he at least made sure his friends will have long happy life before that history repeating.

I was always on Eren’s side, and I too thought he should’ve killed all of them, and have Eldians the only remaining humans, but after this ending I’m not sure anymore, he never wanted this either, he had to do it and he did it knowing he’s gonna die. After I knew that fact, I don’t know if the rumbling wiping out everyone would’ve been the better ending. I’m super conflicted on this right now.

One thing I’m sure about is that seeing Gabi alive and happy was one of the worst feelings…
baryaakov555 said:

This is a very strange take considering you like Eren. You do realize Gabi is meant to be a parallel to Eren on the Marleyan side right? And unlike Eren she actually atoned for her sins.
Nov 6, 2023 6:51 AM
May 2021
Reply to raulfromzoro
baryaakov555 said:
raulfromzoro said:

Oh yea seeing gabi get a happy ending was stupid .
raulfromzoro said:

Awful take. You genuinely missed the point of the story if you genuinely believe this.
Nov 6, 2023 7:42 AM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
@baryaakov555 What do you mean by "Eren didn't want this"??? He literally outright told Armin that he wanted to kill everyone outside the island in their final conversation. Eren isn't a good person.

Eren knew this was the only way, and he cried and apologized, he never wanted revenge, he wanted a good life for his friends.
Nov 6, 2023 7:43 AM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
raulfromzoro said:

Awful take. You genuinely missed the point of the story if you genuinely believe this.

Gabi on the other hand, bragged and got cocky about killing Sasha, Eren never did something that disgusting..
Nov 6, 2023 8:10 AM

Feb 2022
The entire last arc was Marvel Avengers the anime, don't get me wrong I enjoyed Infinity war and Endgame they are fun movies, but "masterpiece" I'd reserve for actual good writing.
You gotta dial up your suspension of disbelief to the absolute maximum, even more so than before, then you can enjoy the last arc. I'd never recommend this anime to anyone that takes writing seriously, but I would say it is a very fun final arc with excellent production quality so definitely worth to watch if you enjoy that.
Nov 6, 2023 8:15 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:

Eren knew this was the only way, and he cried and apologized, he never wanted revenge, he wanted a good life for his friends.
baryaakov555 said:

This wasn't "the only way". It was inherently an evil choice and both him and Armin acknowledged it. They even said they're both going to hell for it. Crying about it doesn't take away from the sin either, and he never apologized for it. Sure, he wanted a good life for his friends, but at what cost? You're not supposed to come away from that ending defending Eren.
Nov 6, 2023 8:16 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:
raulfromzoro said:

Gabi on the other hand, bragged and got cocky about killing Sasha, Eren never did something that disgusting..
baryaakov555 said:
Gabi on the other hand, bragged and got cocky about killing Sasha, Eren never did something that disgusting.

Back when she was still nothing more than a brainwashed child. Eren on the other hand was a fully grown adult who committed damn near full global genocide and admitted that he wanted to wipe out everyone else. That is much worse than ANYTHING Gabi EVER did.
Nov 6, 2023 8:42 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Reshiram_IX
I don’t see how anyone could rewatch this show knowing that Eren killed his mom
@Reshiram_IX After watching the latest episode and knowing all the details...indeed, that was painful to hear.
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 6, 2023 8:48 AM

Jan 2013
Reply to Suzuya-Nano-Chan
@Suzuya-Nano-Chan Same here, the more time passes the more i think about it and feel the loss :(
At the end of the day, i just wanted Ere x Mikasa to be happy! And i couldn't get that, otherwise as you said regarding this ending 'i love it and i hate it'.
RIP and thank you for these amazing 10 years!
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Nov 6, 2023 9:47 AM
Dec 2022
baryaakov555 said:
itzswxzy said:

Tf you mean somehow, you didn’t even read what I wrote… that commander was gonna get flattened and he saw Eldians stopping the rumbling, what else do you need??

And I answered the false hope too, false hope in CG that war is over and everyone is united which will break at some point but it wasn’t shown unlike in AOT which was shown.

Both endings are bittersweet but CG’s one left it on a note that war is gone, while AOT left it on a note that war will always be there no matter what we do.

The realism in AOT is that it’s a cruel world and no matter what we do humans will find a way to be divided again and start wars.

That’s exactly why I love that, because of that realism, his plan never failed, he never aimed for world peace, he aimed for good lives for his friends, rumbling was gonna fail even if just Eldians were alive.

It’s realism because it reflects on our world, IRL you see humans having wars all the time and it never ends and it’s never gonna end, and again all the progress was for his friends not for the world, Eren never cared about the world, he was disappointed that there were even humans outside of the walls, when he knew that he wanted to level everything.

Everything was leveled, how’d they even get the the island bruh, the people with guns are the commander and his soldiers, other people are just citizens why would they attack Eldia, this is a post apocalyptic world, something huge as the rumbling just happened and you expect wars to start right away? Be realistic, if 1000 nukes were launched and leveled earth today killing 80% of people you think tomorrow everyone that’s left would go to war? They’d be traumatized hiding somewhere. You are not seeing it from their POV.

What false hope bruh he literally fulfilled his goal🤦🏻‍♂️ it’s like talking to a wall omg

My point is that I simply liked AOT’s ending more for showing that war is not over? I don’t get why you are so upset with this, watching this made me feel more than watching CG’s ending.
In AOT it was needed to show that, it enhanced that ending showing the realism of human nature, and delivering one final blow to everyone’s hearts, which I love in shows.

You didn’t address anything I said.

“Tf you mean somehow” what are you referring to exactly cuz im sure i used somehow more than once in my paragraphs. I did read what you wrote tho it was hard to. The commander didnt see eldians stopping the rumbling, why did he initially appoint guns towards them if he knew and saw it himself? Even asking them to prove they’re not a threat.

You didn’t answer the false hope either, why is showing that war is over and everyone uniting but still making it apparent that its not forever equate to false hope, aot also shown that war was over and everything was uniting so by ur logic thats also false hope. “ but it wasnt shown unlike in aot which was shown” ever learned about the phrase spoon feeding or subtle nuance? Aot is spoon feeding this message which is lazy writing while CG is subtle about it which is smarter.

Cruel world and human individuality and wars aren’t realism if you think it is then by ur own logic CG has the same realism.

So the same “realism” u so love about aot also is in Code Geass. His plan did fail and he even says it to armin. His friends didnt have good lives, they are traumatized and always fearful from new wars that might occur on top of the fact that theyre always sad about what happened and most of his friends died bc of him.

It isnt realism bc it doesn’t reflect irl. If having war irl = to realism than cg has the same realism bc it also shows wars all the time, also irl wars do and can end, why do u think we arent in ww2 ? Cuz that war was over. What Lelouch did was find a system for nations to deal with problems and brought equality to the world where Britainnia is no longer in control. If all progress was for his friends and not the world then there was no point of showing wars starting again or having this so called “realism” of wars never ending being shown.

Thats funny that CG ending didnt affect u but aot did considering aot ending is inspired by Cg.

Everything leveled doesnt mean they cant get in the island. The people shown with guns such as commander and his soldiers arent the only people in the world that haven weapons. Other people arent only stated to be citizens, wars would start right away by the force of other nations and people that were part of the 20% humanity left which is still over millions meaning war is realistically possible right away. Your analogy isnt the same as the rumbling, 1000 nukes would destroy everything in the planet unlike rumbling and who would have even done that to begin with be realistic. You’re not seeing it from their pov either.

False hope is that he fulfilled his goal you’re a wall bro.

We are left everyone united in Aot, if we arent then thats false hope of erens goal being fulfilled. CG showed and implied it while aot didnt. Aot ending is worse because it shows war isnt over which is unrealistic and false hope. I dont get why you’re upset with this and lying about the shows. Aot feels less bc it copied Cg instead of sticking to the original ending. In aot it wasnt needed to show that it decreased the ending and didnt show realism of human nature unlike how CG did. It delivered nothing to the story or the audience. You can love a bad ending by admitting it.

I never said I hated aot ending, i just don’t think its as good as you hype it up.
Nov 11, 2023 4:03 PM
Dec 2015
timeforward said:
The entire last arc was Marvel Avengers the anime, don't get me wrong I enjoyed Infinity war and Endgame they are fun movies, but "masterpiece" I'd reserve for actual good writing.
You gotta dial up your suspension of disbelief to the absolute maximum, even more so than before, then you can enjoy the last arc. I'd never recommend this anime to anyone that takes writing seriously, but I would say it is a very fun final arc with excellent production quality so definitely worth to watch if you enjoy that.

You need to rewatch AOT
Nov 11, 2023 4:06 PM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

This wasn't "the only way". It was inherently an evil choice and both him and Armin acknowledged it. They even said they're both going to hell for it. Crying about it doesn't take away from the sin either, and he never apologized for it. Sure, he wanted a good life for his friends, but at what cost? You're not supposed to come away from that ending defending Eren.

He did apologize for it to Ramzi..
And this WAS the o my way to break the titan curse and let his friends live long happy lives.
Eren was the good guy, he sacrificed himself for his friends, any other ending would’ve been bad with either Armin living for 9 more years and paradis being attacked and defeated.
Nov 11, 2023 4:07 PM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:
Gabi on the other hand, bragged and got cocky about killing Sasha, Eren never did something that disgusting.

Back when she was still nothing more than a brainwashed child. Eren on the other hand was a fully grown adult who committed damn near full global genocide and admitted that he wanted to wipe out everyone else. That is much worse than ANYTHING Gabi EVER did.

He did it for a damn good reason while Gabi did it for the hell of it cuz they were “demons”
Nov 11, 2023 4:23 PM
Dec 2015
itzswxzy said:
baryaakov555 said:

“Tf you mean somehow” what are you referring to exactly cuz im sure i used somehow more than once in my paragraphs. I did read what you wrote tho it was hard to. The commander didnt see eldians stopping the rumbling, why did he initially appoint guns towards them if he knew and saw it himself? Even asking them to prove they’re not a threat.

You didn’t answer the false hope either, why is showing that war is over and everyone uniting but still making it apparent that its not forever equate to false hope, aot also shown that war was over and everything was uniting so by ur logic thats also false hope. “ but it wasnt shown unlike in aot which was shown” ever learned about the phrase spoon feeding or subtle nuance? Aot is spoon feeding this message which is lazy writing while CG is subtle about it which is smarter.

Cruel world and human individuality and wars aren’t realism if you think it is then by ur own logic CG has the same realism.

So the same “realism” u so love about aot also is in Code Geass. His plan did fail and he even says it to armin. His friends didnt have good lives, they are traumatized and always fearful from new wars that might occur on top of the fact that theyre always sad about what happened and most of his friends died bc of him.

It isnt realism bc it doesn’t reflect irl. If having war irl = to realism than cg has the same realism bc it also shows wars all the time, also irl wars do and can end, why do u think we arent in ww2 ? Cuz that war was over. What Lelouch did was find a system for nations to deal with problems and brought equality to the world where Britainnia is no longer in control. If all progress was for his friends and not the world then there was no point of showing wars starting again or having this so called “realism” of wars never ending being shown.

Thats funny that CG ending didnt affect u but aot did considering aot ending is inspired by Cg.

Everything leveled doesnt mean they cant get in the island. The people shown with guns such as commander and his soldiers arent the only people in the world that haven weapons. Other people arent only stated to be citizens, wars would start right away by the force of other nations and people that were part of the 20% humanity left which is still over millions meaning war is realistically possible right away. Your analogy isnt the same as the rumbling, 1000 nukes would destroy everything in the planet unlike rumbling and who would have even done that to begin with be realistic. You’re not seeing it from their pov either.

We are left everyone united in Aot, if we arent then thats false hope of erens goal being fulfilled. CG showed and implied it while aot didnt. Aot ending is worse because it shows war isnt over which is unrealistic and false hope. I dont get why you’re upset with this and lying about the shows. Aot feels less bc it copied Cg instead of sticking to the original ending. In aot it wasnt needed to show that it decreased the ending and didnt show realism of human nature unlike how CG did. It delivered nothing to the story or the audience. You can love a bad ending by admitting it.

I never said I hated aot ending, i just don’t think its as good as you hype it up.

I cba repeating myself a million times so I’m gonna ignore all the points I addressed already cuz you don’t seem to read my response……..

His plan did NOT fail, the end goal was to break Ymir’s curse, anything that would not lead to that would lead to Armin getting to love only 9 more years which is not long life, and the only way to break the curse was to show her Mikasa putting aside her love for Eren and killing him. Which Eren fully succeeded in it even tho he didn’t want to die, he did what he had to do to give his friends long happy lives.

Also that war point is stupid, just because one war ends it doesn’t mean “war” ends… war as a term in general not a specific war🤦🏻‍♂️

They literally showed you paradis standing and developing for thousands of years to come so these speculations of a paradise invasion is dumb.

They wouldn’t attack someone that powerful right after that side showed them what he’s capable of, and they don’t know the power of titans is gone so why tf would they attack them knowing they might get rumbled again? They are traumatized by what they just went though and are thankful they are even alive, who tf would go and risk their lives after escaping a near death experience be realistic…..

How is it unrealistic that war is not over? It reflects our world with wars existing literally before we evolved into modern humans..

This was the original ending, Isayama even said he planned this since the beginning.

This ending is a masterpiece and no other ending would fit better that this one.
Nov 11, 2023 6:18 PM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

He did it for a damn good reason while Gabi did it for the hell of it cuz they were “demons”
baryaakov555 said:

Eren did it for the selfish goal of trying to protect his friends and damning everyone else. Gabi did what she did because her hometown and people she loved were literally killed in front of her + the fact she was already brainwashed. It didn't take long on Paradis island for her to realize her world view was fucked up and she changed for the better. Eren? This guy knew what he was doing was messed up and went through with it anyway.

I'm not hearing these excuses. Gabi is less evil than Eren and that's the objective truth.
Nov 11, 2023 6:20 PM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

He did apologize for it to Ramzi..
And this WAS the o my way to break the titan curse and let his friends live long happy lives.
Eren was the good guy, he sacrificed himself for his friends, any other ending would’ve been bad with either Armin living for 9 more years and paradis being attacked and defeated.
baryaakov555 said:

Last time I checked, "good guys" don't kill 80% of the world for their selfish goals.
Nov 11, 2023 7:00 PM
Dec 2022
baryaakov555 said:
itzswxzy said:

I cba repeating myself a million times so I’m gonna ignore all the points I addressed already cuz you don’t seem to read my response……..

His plan did NOT fail, the end goal was to break Ymir’s curse, anything that would not lead to that would lead to Armin getting to love only 9 more years which is not long life, and the only way to break the curse was to show her Mikasa putting aside her love for Eren and killing him. Which Eren fully succeeded in it even tho he didn’t want to die, he did what he had to do to give his friends long happy lives.

Also that war point is stupid, just because one war ends it doesn’t mean “war” ends… war as a term in general not a specific war🤦🏻‍♂️

They literally showed you paradis standing and developing for thousands of years to come so these speculations of a paradise invasion is dumb.

They wouldn’t attack someone that powerful right after that side showed them what he’s capable of, and they don’t know the power of titans is gone so why tf would they attack them knowing they might get rumbled again? They are traumatized by what they just went though and are thankful they are even alive, who tf would go and risk their lives after escaping a near death experience be realistic…..

How is it unrealistic that war is not over? It reflects our world with wars existing literally before we evolved into modern humans..

This was the original ending, Isayama even said he planned this since the beginning.

This ending is a masterpiece and no other ending would fit better that this one.

Right back at you but imma make all these points as brief as possible

To end the titan curse of 13 year life all eren had to do was alter titan biology which he can easily do, he also had authority over ymir as part of his titan ability so he still didnt need to do the rumbling etc.

You’re being really pedantic here considering by war ending I mean that specific war ended not the general existence of the concept of war mr literal.

Paradis being ok for few centuries isnt result of eren making world peace, its the result of wiping away over 80% of life on the planet as well as crippling it in general and thus it took centuries to stabilize to its original state and thus the cycle started again also it isnt a speculation considering we actually see it happening.

Uhh they definitely would and have shown to have done the same thing before, marley was tormenting eldians for over 2000 years for what they did before and yes thats also them seeing the titans powers meaning its most likely theyd do it again and thematically adds on as its about the whole idea of a cycle. They do know titan power is gone bc armin supposedly convinced them, and again theyd do it even knowing the rumbling bc they have done it before in the past when humanity was ruled by eldians. It’s unrealistic to believe that millions of people are okay after the rest of the world is dead and wouldn’t want to destroy a race that is the cause of it so it doesn’t happen again.

I never said war (as a whole concept) not being over is unrealistic also thats not what reflects our world 🤦‍♂️

Isayama ORIGINALLY planned to end the story in s3 with everyone dying at hands of titans, not this pseudo political/military drama, plz at least be aware or your favorite authors own intents before claiming he actually meant for X,y, and z.

The ending is anything but a masterpiece, it has too many problems fundamentally in its narrative and ends up being unrealistic to the stories own rules and logic previously built up in other seasons.
Nov 11, 2023 9:46 PM

Sep 2020
definitely something special for sure
Nov 12, 2023 12:36 AM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

Eren did it for the selfish goal of trying to protect his friends and damning everyone else. Gabi did what she did because her hometown and people she loved were literally killed in front of her + the fact she was already brainwashed. It didn't take long on Paradis island for her to realize her world view was fucked up and she changed for the better. Eren? This guy knew what he was doing was messed up and went through with it anyway.

I'm not hearing these excuses. Gabi is less evil than Eren and that's the objective truth.

People Eren loved weren’t killed in front of him? AND because of people like Gabi??

Eren is not evil🤦🏻‍♂️ you completely missed the point of the ending and Eren as a character..
Nov 12, 2023 12:37 AM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

Last time I checked, "good guys" don't kill 80% of the world for their selfish goals.

Last time I checked people who want to erase a race are hated not felt for😐
Nov 12, 2023 12:46 AM
Dec 2015
itzswxzy said:
baryaakov555 said:

Right back at you but imma make all these points as brief as possible

To end the titan curse of 13 year life all eren had to do was alter titan biology which he can easily do, he also had authority over ymir as part of his titan ability so he still didnt need to do the rumbling etc.

You’re being really pedantic here considering by war ending I mean that specific war ended not the general existence of the concept of war mr literal.

Paradis being ok for few centuries isnt result of eren making world peace, its the result of wiping away over 80% of life on the planet as well as crippling it in general and thus it took centuries to stabilize to its original state and thus the cycle started again also it isnt a speculation considering we actually see it happening.

Uhh they definitely would and have shown to have done the same thing before, marley was tormenting eldians for over 2000 years for what they did before and yes thats also them seeing the titans powers meaning its most likely theyd do it again and thematically adds on as its about the whole idea of a cycle. They do know titan power is gone bc armin supposedly convinced them, and again theyd do it even knowing the rumbling bc they have done it before in the past when humanity was ruled by eldians. It’s unrealistic to believe that millions of people are okay after the rest of the world is dead and wouldn’t want to destroy a race that is the cause of it so it doesn’t happen again.

I never said war (as a whole concept) not being over is unrealistic also thats not what reflects our world 🤦‍♂️

Isayama ORIGINALLY planned to end the story in s3 with everyone dying at hands of titans, not this pseudo political/military drama, plz at least be aware or your favorite authors own intents before claiming he actually meant for X,y, and z.

The ending is anything but a masterpiece, it has too many problems fundamentally in its narrative and ends up being unrealistic to the stories own rules and logic previously built up in other seasons.

Altering the biology wouldn’t break the curse of Ymir, the only one who could break it is Ymir by giving up on the titan powers and erasing them from the world.

Exactly.. a specific war ended.. that means shit for what they were trying to tell you that war never ends just like in real life, war never ends.

Exactly, that’s why Eren acted perfectly, thank you for agreeing with Paradis not being attacked for centuries.

I was talking about other people in the world not knowing the titan powers are gone, and you literally just greed that no one attacked paradis for centuries what are you on about now..

That’s exactly what reflects our world, there are wars as we speak right now and there always have been wars, it. Never. Ends.

You be aware dummy, he literally talked on a New York Times interview a few days ago saying that the ending was planned all along, check your facts before yapping on here.

Calling this ending is a masterpiece is an understatement.
Nov 12, 2023 5:45 AM
Dec 2022
Even Isayama doesnt consider it a masterpiece, lmfao bc the ending isnt one.
Nov 12, 2023 6:38 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

People Eren loved weren’t killed in front of him? AND because of people like Gabi??

Eren is not evil🤦🏻‍♂️ you completely missed the point of the ending and Eren as a character..
baryaakov555 said:

YOU are the one who missed the point of the ending. He killed 80% of the world's population. He knew his goal was evil and selfish. Both Eren and Armin accept they will go to hell for their atrocities. The anime literally spells it out for you. Eren isn't 100% evil and nothing more, but he's far from a good person.
Nov 12, 2023 6:42 AM
May 2021
Reply to baryaakov555
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

baryaakov555 said:

Ah yes because I'm sure all those innocent children and babies Eren killed shouldn't be felt for. Including that baby all those people ended up saving near the cliff in the final episode. I'm sure we weren't meant to feel for those innocent people who did nothing to deserve being crushed to death 😐

It's actually crazy how much you missed the point of the story. You are not supposed to come away from the end of AoT thinking "Ah yes...Paradis good. Everyone else bad!". The entire bloody point was that there is bad and good on both sides. EREN LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THIS FFS.
Nov 25, 2023 3:12 AM
Dec 2015
itzswxzy said:
Even Isayama doesnt consider it a masterpiece, lmfao bc the ending isnt one.

Or he’s just being humble?
Nov 25, 2023 3:15 AM
Dec 2015
SkyhighCFC said:
baryaakov555 said:

Ah yes because I'm sure all those innocent children and babies Eren killed shouldn't be felt for. Including that baby all those people ended up saving near the cliff in the final episode. I'm sure we weren't meant to feel for those innocent people who did nothing to deserve being crushed to death 😐

It's actually crazy how much you missed the point of the story. You are not supposed to come away from the end of AoT thinking "Ah yes...Paradis good. Everyone else bad!". The entire bloody point was that there is bad and good on both sides. EREN LITERALLY ACKNOWLEDGES THIS FFS.

I know, but that was necessary to kill them for his purpose, and I like the idea of the people who suffered so much getting a win
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 4, 2023

1468 by VeksiPeksi »»
Yesterday, 3:47 AM

» Hulu steaming

Seiidou - Mar 3, 2023

4 by Freexpock »»
May 20, 1:44 PM

» When are these episodes getting an English dub?

did4375 - May 13

11 by ANIk_003 »»
May 19, 8:53 AM

» Why is this so ugly??? ( 1 2 )

kizumi91 - Nov 5, 2023

60 by Mrchocolateeater »»
May 12, 6:01 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season - Kanketsu-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Koito91 - Mar 3, 2023

1049 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.