Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 1, 2023 4:59 AM

Jul 2017
Umimaku High School Orchestra Club's Regular Concert gets the green light, and it's all instruments go.

First up, George Bizet's Prelude from the Opera "Carmen", which that goes without a hitch for the perfect opener, that Akine wanted to fight for so much in her past but could not overcome, it's just sad that all of her high and low moments were PowerPoint-ish, which is just not right. With the change from Akine to Haru, it's Tchaikovsky's "The Nutcracker" little overture, which showcases Haru's love for her mother, especially the Waltz of the Flowers, which Haru is inspired by Machii, from her graceful playing to her reading hobby. Plus, with the handmade bookmark made for her in mind (and the romance novel to help her in courting Hajime), she did her best, which leads to new opportunities for the juniors.

As expected, both Hajime and Saeki are fighting to see Harada, because he's performing Antonio Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" Spring and Summer sections with Harada leading the 3rd Years string ensemble with his violin solo. This is more evident with Takahashi who's in the same class as him, who has seen him in all sorts of flavours, the realism that they will not gel, it all proves otherwise on stage. Onto the Summer section, in the way like clouds and thunder, Harada will be the latter whie everyone supports him like surrounding clouds, accumulating in a flash of blue of an overwhelming performance.

What's left is the BIG one: Dvorak's "From the New World".

The finale episode, all accumulates in the biggest moment of their lives. Stoked for the finale? YES.
KANLen09Oct 6, 2023 8:54 PM
Oct 1, 2023 8:21 AM
Aug 2020
it's strange but i'm not fan of the animation and the music part of this anime...
otakuweek on insta for News /recom etc

just have a look, you won't regret it...
Oct 1, 2023 4:41 PM
Jan 2021
Bellissimo episode!!!
Oct 1, 2023 9:37 PM
Sep 2021
The side/supporting characters developments were shown well like akine, haru and some of the seniors, excited about the finale music.
Oct 2, 2023 12:42 AM

Feb 2019
I hate that Akine big moment was basically a slideshow.. that should’ve been a really good moment. Kozakura scene ended up being better lol. The third years all got great scenes too.

The emotional impact was palpable for everyone, the technical aspects of the episode just let it down today, which sucks. Even then, couldn’t help but get chills at a few of the performances.

Takahashi and Harada stole the show in the episode tbh. Really beautiful backstory between the two of them. It’s always nice in high school stories like this to see everyone’s emotions coming to a head. Everyone is pouring their heart and soul into this concert.

Next week finale. The two brothers take the stage. Excited to see it, but will be sad to see it end 😢
Marinate1016Oct 2, 2023 1:26 AM
Oct 2, 2023 12:59 AM
Mar 2022
That performance of Summer by the 3rd years. Just wow
Oct 2, 2023 3:06 AM
Sep 2015
The last piece deserves a standing ovation.
Oct 2, 2023 3:16 AM
Aug 2021
Honestly, they should have been bold and not had any talking during the music. I feel like it didn't overly add anything of substance or wasn't something that couldn't have been gotten across in another way or at another time.

Also, I don't understand why Aono and Seiki weren't playing more since they're the two best players in Japan (they've both won multiple nationals) for their age group.
Oct 2, 2023 9:53 AM
Mar 2015
they got inside the heads of the members for each piece
Oct 2, 2023 10:34 AM
Jul 2022
A whole episode dedicated to personal interpretations (of the piece) and short stories of a few characters. I like the story-telling and wonderful performances. Splendid!
Oct 2, 2023 6:23 PM

Aug 2019
The performance is good, especially I like the song performed. I also like the storytelling of each character is also very good so that it blends with the song. It touches my feelings and mixes them in one episode. Very good episode, I'm looking forward to the last episode.
Oct 3, 2023 11:07 AM

Dec 2015
Great. I knew the last concert would take a full episode (in this case even more - they will have to finish next episode) ... did not have a guess on how they'd do it. After having watched this episode though: It makes sense. Episode was easy to watch and felt short lol ...

the way they used the different chars was pretty nice. I just hope in the final episode the last part won't take too long - so we can get enough "after show" stuff. One third of episode 24 would feel about right. For the last concert part. Then talking. Won't expect the father to show up anymore now. With the concert going into the beginning of episode 24. There is not that much time left.
Oct 3, 2023 12:27 PM
Mar 2020
I was not prepared for such a monster of an episode. Episodes like this are the primary reason I watch music shows like this and Euphonium and 4gatsu. I can't wait to see what visuals we get to go with the New World Symphony.

Also, any guesses as to what band Tsubasa was listening to? My money's on Apocalyptica.
Oct 8, 2023 9:02 AM
Mar 2023
I loved the Music and the personal story everyone of the characters showed us
Oct 10, 2023 3:45 AM
Dec 2017
This episode is just so beautiful! The music and the backstory of how the characters interpret the meaning of the music is very wonderful.
Oct 11, 2023 1:30 AM

Oct 2017
The performances were beautiful, each one representing someone and we finally got more of Machi senpai as little as it might have been. Watching the third years only final performance made me emotional and it's time for their final performance together.
Oct 15, 2023 2:56 PM
Jul 2018
best episode easily
Nov 30, 2023 9:57 PM
Feb 2015
The 3rd years was amazing in their performance , the lightning and storm it was intense.Manewhile the other performance was good in their own way.
Dec 29, 2023 1:28 AM

Dec 2022
Some really great pieces and superb performances this episode, kept me engaged the whole time!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 24 Discussion

KANLen09 - Oct 8, 2023

29 by LockardGamer »»
Mar 12, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 10 Discussion

KANLen09 - Jun 11, 2023

18 by Asanchan »»
Feb 8, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 22 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 24, 2023

10 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 24, 2023 8:55 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 21 Discussion

KANLen09 - Sep 17, 2023

15 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 22, 2023 8:38 PM

Poll: » Ao no Orchestra Episode 20 Discussion

otakuweek - Sep 10, 2023

13 by Mr_Fudgee »»
Dec 18, 2023 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.