Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Aug 30, 2023 4:16 PM
Nov 2020
Announcement

TWO PART MOVIE STARTING AUGUST 2024!

STAFF LIST:
Main Director: Tomoyuki Kurokawa(Minor storyboarding and episode directing roles in Naruto Shippuden, Guilty Crown, Dororo)
Series Composition/Screenplay: Reiko Yoshida(Script for A silent voice, Violet Evergarden anime and movie)
Character designer/drawing director: Nobutake Ito(Tatami Galaxy, Ping pong the animation, storyboards for an episode of cowboy bebop, eizouken, neon genesis Evangelion)
Art Director: Nishimura Mika(Naruto:Shippuden, Dennou Coil, From up on Poppy Hill, Dorohedoro, Children of the Sea)
Music: Taro Umebayashi(Yuri on Ice!!, Space Dandy, Carole and Tuesday)
neromxxnAug 30, 2023 5:34 PM
Aug 30, 2023 4:23 PM
Aug 2021
Spring 2024 is gonna be fire
Aug 30, 2023 4:23 PM
Jan 2020
Do we know which studio is doing it?
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Aug 30, 2023 4:25 PM
Nov 2020
EggoGBones said:
A new studio, studio +h
Aug 30, 2023 4:25 PM
Negator

Mar 2022
I’M SO HYPED!!!!
Aug 30, 2023 4:26 PM
Jan 2020
neromxxn said:
EggoGBones said:
A new studio, studio +h

Thank you, hoping it goes well. Bug Films is doing great with Zom 100 so I have a bit of hope with new studios
As Long as the Sun, the moon, and the Earth exist, everything will be alright.
Aug 30, 2023 4:38 PM
Nov 2020
EggoGBones said:
neromxxn said:
A new studio, studio +h

Thank you, hoping it goes well. Bug Films is doing great with Zom 100 so I have a bit of hope with new studios
They've been in production for quite a while so I have a lot of faith in what they're doing! Plus the staff list is great! I linked it in the start
Aug 30, 2023 4:42 PM
Apr 2022
The staff on this is absurd. Masaaki Yuasa’s personal animation director/character designer is doing the character designs for this one. Art direction by the assistant for Dorohedoro and bg work for children of the sea. Alongside the music being done by the space dandy guy. Also are we sure it’s a movie? I saw some people saying that but it’s also kinda a weird translation
Aug 30, 2023 4:44 PM
Nov 2020
Peenutz said:
The staff on this is absurd. Masaaki Yuasa’s personal animation director/character designer is doing the character designs for this one. Art direction by the assistant for Dorohedoro and bg work for children of the sea. Alongside the music being done by the space dandy guy. Also are we sure it’s a movie? I saw some people saying that but it’s also kinda a weird translation
Wait the art director did stuff for children of the sea??? THIS IS INSANE
Aug 30, 2023 4:45 PM
Apr 2022
Peenutz said:

Nvm wait I found the national theater release part, looks like it’s a movie after all
Aug 30, 2023 4:45 PM
Nov 2020
Peenutz said:
Peenutz said:

Nvm wait I found the national theater release part, looks like it’s a movie after all
Two movies actually I think
Aug 30, 2023 4:47 PM
Apr 2022
neromxxn said:
Peenutz said:

Too make it clear he was not the art director, but he did do some work on the background art which is of course very impressive on its own. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=52564 here’s some more credits he has
Aug 30, 2023 4:48 PM
Nov 2020
Peenutz said:
neromxxn said:

Too make it clear he was not the art director, but he did do some work on the background art which is of course very impressive on its own. https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/people.php?id=52564 here’s some more credits he has

Thanks for linking the credits, I'll edit the original post to link more roles
Aug 30, 2023 4:53 PM
Apr 2022
neromxxn said:
Peenutz said:

yeah lol meant to say that. Can’t wait to see it 9 months after original release 🫤
Aug 30, 2023 5:33 PM
Jul 2016
2024 is already looking better than this year
Aug 30, 2023 5:40 PM
Dec 2020

LETS GOOOOOOOOOO
Aug 30, 2023 6:59 PM

Apr 2022
Finally we got some news. Was kinda scared this was going to be cancelled. Director doesn’t get my hopes up too much but we’ll see.

The fact that it’s a movie surprises me since in the announcement it said it was gonna be a tv series. But alas, while the pacing may need some tweaking, at least this means the animation quality will be extremely consistent.

Hoping they have a really versatile seiyuu for Ontan. Praying it’s either Tomoyo Kurosawa or Anna Nagase.
Aug 30, 2023 8:15 PM

Apr 2022
neromxxn said:
Peenutz said:

Tbf the announcement makes it a little confusing. Is it going to be a two part movie series? Or does the two part refer to two cours and it’s just the first couple of episodes that will be screened at theatres (like with the first episode of Rurouni Kenshin).
Aug 30, 2023 8:41 PM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:

Damn when I heard Yuaasa I was afraid for a second, didn’t want another butchered retelling like Crybaby lmao
Aug 30, 2023 11:46 PM
Jul 2020
I just finished the manga the other day and loved it. Not sure how I feel about the movie format though.
Aug 31, 2023 4:28 AM

Apr 2020
Kinda disappointed that it will come out as movie, I thought for sure this will be series
Aug 31, 2023 7:20 AM

Apr 2022
would've preferred a series plus we'll have to wait longer for movies but at least it'll have better quality as a movie so i'll take what i can get.
Aug 31, 2023 7:55 AM
Nov 2020
Movie format might mean that it's gonna be aired on Netflix. This is only speculation though because the previous movie by this studio was also aired on Netflix
Aug 31, 2023 10:50 AM
Apr 2022
TheRealRouges said:
Peenutz said:

Damn when I heard Yuaasa I was afraid for a second, didn’t want another butchered retelling like Crybaby lmao
Bud what 😂🤨🤔🤨
Yuasa, one of the greatest directors of all time, being mentioned in a project scared you? Your trolling me right?
Aug 31, 2023 11:46 AM

Dec 2021
My Mind just blew up because we are finally getting a high quality series that deserves to be in my Top 150 favorites list
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Sep 1, 2023 1:11 PM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

Bud what 😂🤨🤔🤨
Yuasa, one of the greatest directors of all time, being mentioned in a project scared you? Your trolling me right?

Yuasa is a really overrated director tbh. He was great with Tatami Galaxy, really good with Kaiba and Ping Pong, surprisingly good with Inu-Oh and utterly awful with Crybaby and Japan Sinks. So yeah apart from Inu-Oh it’s been like 10 years since he made something special
Sep 2, 2023 5:37 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to TheRealRouges
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

Bud what 😂🤨🤔🤨

Yuasa is a really overrated director tbh. He was great with Tatami Galaxy, really good with Kaiba and Ping Pong, surprisingly good with Inu-Oh and utterly awful with Crybaby and Japan Sinks. So yeah apart from Inu-Oh it’s been like 10 years since he made something special
@TheRealRouges he’s also retired. You just basically said he was fantastic but he hasn’t made anything good recently, and that’s just cuz he retired. Glad we both agree he’s a great director
Sep 2, 2023 8:02 AM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
@TheRealRouges he’s also retired. You just basically said he was fantastic but he hasn’t made anything good recently, and that’s just cuz he retired. Glad we both agree he’s a great director

So you can’t read? He made Crybaby in 2018 and Japan Sinks in 2020 that are awful, so he wasn’t retired dumbass! He did some good stuff, but a lot of bad stuff also
Sep 2, 2023 8:03 AM
Nov 2020
Reply to TheRealRouges
Peenutz said:

So you can’t read? He made Crybaby in 2018 and Japan Sinks in 2020 that are awful, so he wasn’t retired dumbass! He did some good stuff, but a lot of bad stuff also
@TheRealRouges crybaby was amazing in my opinion, dont understand why you hate it so much
Sep 2, 2023 9:03 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to TheRealRouges
Peenutz said:

@TheRealRouges haven’t seen Japan sinks but crybaby has gone down as an insanely good adaptation so I think it’s just a you problem dude. Not to mention eizuken. Iirc that was pretty recent and that was a very good show as well
PeenutzSep 2, 2023 9:07 AM
Sep 2, 2023 10:55 AM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
@TheRealRouges haven’t seen Japan sinks but crybaby has gone down as an insanely good adaptation so I think it’s just a you problem dude. Not to mention eizuken. Iirc that was pretty recent and that was a very good show as well

All the people that like Crybaby didn’t get the message of the one and only real Devilman. Crybaby’s message already feels old and it’s been only 5 years since it came out
Sep 2, 2023 1:59 PM
Apr 2022
TheRealRouges said:
Peenutz said:

All the people that like Crybaby didn’t get the message of the one and only real Devilman. Crybaby’s message already feels old and it’s been only 5 years since it came out

Everyone else would disagree with you considering the majority of people prefer crybaby to the original
Sep 2, 2023 10:59 PM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

Everyone else would disagree with you considering the majority of people prefer crybaby to the original

“Most of the people” define what good or bad is?? Of course some new dumb anime watchers would prefer the new one, it’s already a miracle if they can read a manga, let alone one from the 70’s. Already the drawings alone would put their little brain off. Luckily the definition of good and bad is not such a democratic matter, cause most people have little to no ability to form critical thought
Sep 2, 2023 11:01 PM
Nov 2020
Reply to TheRealRouges
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

“Most of the people” define what good or bad is?? Of course some new dumb anime watchers would prefer the new one, it’s already a miracle if they can read a manga, let alone one from the 70’s. Already the drawings alone would put their little brain off. Luckily the definition of good and bad is not such a democratic matter, cause most people have little to no ability to form critical thought
@TheRealRouges Bro get the hell out of this thread. Your favorites are literally the most bland reddit top 10 imaginable. You speak as if you are special but you just sound pretentious as hell. Stop it, rest up.
Sep 3, 2023 12:56 AM
Feb 2021
neromxxn said:
@TheRealRouges Bro get the hell out of this thread. Your favorites are literally the most bland reddit top 10 imaginable. You speak as if you are special but you just sound pretentious as hell. Stop it, rest up.

Bro didn’t even watch 100 anime and thinks he knows shit lmao
Sep 3, 2023 6:49 AM
Apr 2022
TheRealRouges said:
neromxxn said:

Somehow he knows more then you…
Sep 3, 2023 7:16 AM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

You literally gave Cowboy Bepop a 6 while having two isekai in your comment. Don’t even have to comment lmao
Sep 3, 2023 8:14 AM
Apr 2022
Reply to TheRealRouges
Peenutz said:
TheRealRouges said:

You literally gave Cowboy Bepop a 6 while having two isekai in your comment. Don’t even have to comment lmao
@TheRealRouges better then taking the top 10 manga and making them your favorites. Like Jesus Christ bro have a personality. You’re actually a robot
Sep 3, 2023 1:52 PM
Feb 2021
Peenutz said:
@TheRealRouges better then taking the top 10 manga and making them your favorites. Like Jesus Christ bro have a personality. You’re actually a robot

Which is not true but ok, if something’s good it’s not my fault. Better than wasting time on dumb isekais
Oct 18, 2023 10:31 AM

Jan 2021
Reply to Peenutz
@Peenutz Saying Crybaby is a good adaptation is like saying Tokyo Ghoul had a good adaptation, changing the majority of the plot is by no means a proper adaptation.
Oct 29, 2023 8:28 PM

Nov 2007
Casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/547099

Trailer
Themes:
#1: "Ze Ze Ze Zettai Seiiki (絶絶絶絶対聖域)" by ano feat Lilas Ikuta
#2: "Seishun Ouka (青春謳歌)" by Lilas Ikuta feat ano
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/557305

additional casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/562312

Part 2 changed to May 24 from April 19 2024
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/565403

additional casts
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/566666

Part 2 Trailer
https://natalie.mu/comic/news/569678
tsubasaloverApr 16, 7:16 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!

More topics from this board

» So, I am a little confused

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Jun 4

9 by patros36 »»
Aug 4, 2:52 PM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 2 Discussion

deguy - May 27

1 by Behzadtv »»
Jul 7, 6:18 PM

Poll: » Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction Episode 1 Discussion

kakyoin - Mar 22

9 by Zawia07 »»
Jun 27, 6:47 PM

» Dead Dead Demons Deeded Destruction Movie 2 Discussion

neromxxn - May 24

3 by deguy »»
May 27, 2:20 AM

» 18 episode series announced

Runasius - May 20

14 by GeoXsf9 »»
May 24, 12:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.