Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 4, 2023 5:10 AM
Jul 2020
Based on the title and the synopsis I thought the MC was going to be a smart and cool character but twisted on the inside and it would be a back and forth mind games between the two leads. Instead we got a cringy, scummy, and dumb MC who is clueless about girls(you'd think after holding on to that grudge for years that he'd already have an idea how to enact his revenge) and a female lead who quickly falls in love with him even though he is the exact type of guy she hates. I thought it's going to be interesting but it's just another average harem which I don't mind, but it's hard to like this one when the MC is so unlikable. His way of thinking is so shallow. Up until the end of the season, he only cared about looks and thinks his looks would be enough to make Aki fall in love. He constantly fat shamed the chubby kid. And all the things he did to make Aki swoon made me cringe. Those things only work in shoujo manga. I guess I only have myself to blame for expecting something different. Now I don't know if it's worth continuing to the second season.

Another thing, I think I'm in the minority here because I see a lot of complaints about this but, I don't mind if the MC eventually falls in love and drops the revenge plan. It was obvious from the synopsis that that would be the endgame. The real problem is the revenge didn't have any weight because MC is dumb. 
Jul 4, 2023 5:25 AM

Dec 2020
Where were you this entire time, bruh?
Everything you said here are the things that I thought while watching the 1st season.
I was like "Hoh, "Revenge", huh? This gonna be interesting(Hopes for mind games, somewhat cold, merciless tactics).
While watching it: What the flying fuck dude?? This mc is dumb beyond imagination for this type of plot. I mean tf you know nothing about interacting with girls and you think being ikemen is everything. Dude, are you like in a shōjo manga, huh?

Conclusion:
1. Nothing but a piece of crap
2. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day(I seriously finished it in just 1 day) is ruined.

The trailer of s2 looked somewhat better. So, I'm giving it another chance.
Jul 4, 2023 5:26 AM

Jul 2015
Bro, this is a harem romcom. Like any other. It even has a comedy tag. How the hell could you even expected any depth in it?

Jul 4, 2023 5:30 AM
Feb 2023
GeoXsf9 said:
Everything you said here are the things that I thought while watching the 1st season.
I was like "Hoh, "Revenge", huh? This gonna be interesting(Hopes for mind games, somewhat cold, merciless tactics).
While watching it: What the flying fuck dude?? This mc is dumb beyond imagination for this type of plot. I mean tf you know nothing about interacting with girls and you think being ikemen is everything. Dude, are you like in a shōjo manga, huh?

Conclusion:
2. My disappointment is immeasurable and my day(I seriously finished it in just 1 day) is ruined.

2023 in a meme... xixixi

Biography

RomCom Lovers!
Jul 4, 2023 5:39 AM

Nov 2021
Which means I had the right idea about it a few years ago halfway through the first season.

(Desktop mode) ⬇️

Watching this season

My Anime list

Comment
Jul 4, 2023 5:42 AM
Jul 2020
GeoXsf9 said:

Conclusion:

I caught up because the sequel airs this season and because Gigguk's description of it intrigued me.

Piromysl said:
Bro, this is a harem romcom. Like any other. It even has a comedy tag. How the hell could you even expected any depth in it?
There's always a first for everything and I thought this was it.
Jul 4, 2023 5:50 AM
Apr 2023
bro really thought it's some classroom of elite or something
Jul 4, 2023 6:09 AM
Jul 2020
OH please give us more of your knowledge i beg you oh great pussy eater give this poor souls i little of you experience i beg you i too want to know how to proper Interact with women please i beg u teach me
Jul 4, 2023 6:21 AM
Dec 2022
Lmao. You think this is like Tomodachi Game or Classroom Of The Elites? Did you see the psychological tag as a genre? Man, it's just your usual harem romcom. The show is nice. I love it.
Jul 4, 2023 8:15 AM
May 2022
MarshallLeeee said:
Based on the title and the synopsis I thought the MC was going to be a smart and cool character but twisted on the inside and it would be a back and forth mind games between the two leads. Instead we got a cringy, scummy, and dumb MC who is clueless about girls(you'd think after holding on to that grudge for years that he'd already have an idea how to enact his revenge) and a female lead who quickly falls in love with him even though he is the exact type of guy she hates. I thought it's going to be interesting but it's just another average harem which I don't mind, but it's hard to like this one when the MC is so unlikable. His way of thinking is so shallow. Up until the end of the season, he only cared about looks and thinks his looks would be enough to make Aki fall in love. He constantly fat shamed the chubby kid. And all the things he did to make Aki swoon made me cringe. Those things only work in shoujo manga. I guess I only have myself to blame for expecting something different. Now I don't know if it's worth continuing to the second season.

Another thing, I think I'm in the minority here because I see a lot of complaints about this but, I don't mind if the MC eventually falls in love and drops the revenge plan. It was obvious from the synopsis that that would be the endgame. The real problem is the revenge didn't have any weight because MC is dumb. 

I think ya got a mistaken about it, because there no psychological tag on it

but still a good show to watch, also next time go next the tag or little bit of seeing stuff before ya post it.
(ur embarrassing ourself, but hey it's a mistake)
Jul 4, 2023 8:22 AM
Aug 2022
Isn't anyone find this Anime like COTE? cuz we wait about 7 years for both Anime's to get Season 2
Jul 4, 2023 8:30 AM
Jun 2021
MarshallLeeee said:

I can totally understand you my fella
I am usually too generous in rating animes however this one made me so annoy that I gave it 2/10
Jul 4, 2023 8:44 AM

Dec 2020
vitor03 said:
OH please give us more of your knowledge i beg you oh great pussy eater give this poor souls i little of you experience i beg you i too want to know how to proper Interact with women please i beg u teach me

Bro just roasted the fuck outta Masamune
Jul 4, 2023 9:16 AM
Nov 2022
You’re a idiot. It would have had the drama tag if it was even suppose to be a dramatic mind game anime. And your hating it for your own mistakes because it wasn’t what you were expecting.
Jul 4, 2023 9:17 AM

Mar 2021
I remember watching this and not liking it. I don't think I liked any of the characters. Either that or I forgot about the characters I liked
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2023 11:30 AM
Mar 2021
bro not every mc is smart and edgy genius, he is cringe mc tho
Jul 4, 2023 12:09 PM
May 2022
'Ore wo Suki Nano wa Omae Dake ka yo'
This anime is somewhat similar except the MC more likeable.
The first 3 ep are amazing but after that it kinda becomes generic. Still enjoyed it tho
Jul 4, 2023 1:33 PM
Jan 2022
The name is not classroom of the elite
Jul 4, 2023 10:41 PM
Jul 2020
Riz_III said:
'Ore wo Suki Nano wa Omae Dake ka yo'
This anime is somewhat similar except the MC more likeable.
The first 3 ep are amazing but after that it kinda becomes generic. Still enjoyed it tho
I've seen this one and I liked it. To everyone saying see the tags, this one managed to have the mind games while still being a comedy and not having drama or psychological tags.
Jul 5, 2023 2:38 AM
Apr 2020
Piromysl said:

It wasn't funny and there was no real romance
Jul 5, 2023 6:51 AM
Apr 2022
Bro forgot to click on classroom of the elite
Jul 7, 2023 1:01 AM
May 2018
Agreed with OP. This anime is hot garbage. It is about the least loveable, biggest asshat of a main character going for the least loveable, biggest bitch of a main chick. Two irredeemable horrible characters in an irredeemable horrible show full of cliches and cringy lines. It's like the poster child for what makes a trash tier romcom. And that's before it becomes a harem.
Aug 3, 2023 11:31 PM
Dec 2022
MarshallLeeee said:

I really liked the show, it was a dumb fun comedy. that's exactly what it wanted to be.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.