Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2023 3:23 AM

Dec 2009
As much as I love Asobi Asobase and its protagonists, while not hating the new characters from the latest volumes...
It's a little conflicting to have a new manga with them as the focus over the original trio. 

Particularly because... even though I haven't completed its story because there's 5 chapters left to be officially translated... it's been frustrating how messy the last volumes have been.
A bit after it introduced these new characters, the subplots and the main trio have somewhat been neglected with slow sudden reappearances, but little development to them because it focused on the new characters, while getting away from the manga's original style of the trio having fun in the club, with supernatural events around them. 
Unfortunately, the last volumes have become more casual by focusing on the new character's relationship, with a different style of comedy from the character's weirdness, and not so much what happens around them. 

As funny and intriguing as they can be, their awkward and weird personalities isn't incredibly entertaining. 
I hate how Asobi Asobase shifted to them, followed by who knows what kind of lackluster finale to then continue with this new cast. It's sad.

... It's sweet to see the innocent cute Chanel before she became even more chaotic, but the shoujo-ai and focus of dynamic with her and Penpen isn't the most intriguing.
As a fan, I'll continue reading this, but I think Rin Suzukawa's quality has gone down for how poorly she neglected the original plots and protagonists to focus on the new cast with a different comedic style.
As if completely abandoning the original trio main characters.
Aug 14, 2023 5:07 PM
May 2019
Man I think the new characters are a lot more exciting for me. It is a but sad how Asobi changed focused to them, but I am definitely excited for this and don’t think Rin Suzukawa should be looked down on for wanting to make this instead :3!!
Aug 16, 2023 3:53 PM

Aug 2021
cannibalsushii said:
Man I think the new characters are a lot more exciting for me. It is a but sad how Asobi changed focused to them, but I am definitely excited for this and don’t think Rin Suzukawa should be looked down on for wanting to make this instead :3!!
There's nothing wrong with this manga existing - it's just that this manga should have been made and Asobi Asobase dropped if she wasn't interested in writing about Olivia, Hanako and Kasumi any longer rather than spending so many volumes of AA on these girls. The lukewarm conclusion to AA doesn't help matters either. I hope people who like these characters can enjoy this manga but I won't be reading it.
Oct 13, 2023 6:02 PM
Sep 2016
waalex11 said:
As much as I love Asobi Asobase and its protagonists, while not hating the new characters from the latest volumes...
It's a little conflicting to have a new manga with them as the focus over the original trio. 

Particularly because... even though I haven't completed its story because there's 5 chapters left to be officially translated... it's been frustrating how messy the last volumes have been.
A bit after it introduced these new characters, the subplots and the main trio have somewhat been neglected with slow sudden reappearances, but little development to them because it focused on the new characters, while getting away from the manga's original style of the trio having fun in the club, with supernatural events around them. 
Unfortunately, the last volumes have become more casual by focusing on the new character's relationship, with a different style of comedy from the character's weirdness, and not so much what happens around them. 

As funny and intriguing as they can be, their awkward and weird personalities isn't incredibly entertaining. 
I hate how Asobi Asobase shifted to them, followed by who knows what kind of lackluster finale to then continue with this new cast. It's sad.

... It's sweet to see the innocent cute Chanel before she became even more chaotic, but the shoujo-ai and focus of dynamic with her and Penpen isn't the most intriguing.
As a fan, I'll continue reading this, but I think Rin Suzukawa's quality has gone down for how poorly she neglected the original plots and protagonists to focus on the new cast with a different comedic style.
As if completely abandoning the original trio main characters.

I agree sooo much thank you!! I thought I was the only one getting annoyed at how little screen time our original 3 main protagonists had. Every new chapter I'd think "damn, them again?" if they had reduced the new protagonists screen time and just did a spin off, I wouldn't be so negative about these characters tbh. But bc our main 3 got neglected, I can't help but be annoyed at how the author lost her focus. I guess it was a good decisiom to create a new manga with the new protagonists, but for ppl who have been reading the manga and now have this weird ending, I must say I cant be really happy about the new manga. Nevertheless I will read it.
Oct 13, 2023 6:04 PM
Sep 2016
TheSmug1 said:
cannibalsushii said:
There's nothing wrong with this manga existing - it's just that this manga should have been made and Asobi Asobase dropped if she wasn't interested in writing about Olivia, Hanako and Kasumi any longer rather than spending so many volumes of AA on these girls. The lukewarm conclusion to AA doesn't help matters either. I hope people who like these characters can enjoy this manga but I won't be reading it.

so true!! the author should've just made a spin off of the new characters instead of wasting chapters in Asobi Asobase.
May 18, 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
I kinda wouldn't mind this series getting axed for how poorly Asobi Asobase was handled in its finale when it focused on these characters instead of the damn main protagonists.

Asobi Asobase's finale was so damn disappointing, with a lot still unknown and left unsolved or whatever.
Meanwhile, just like they've been in AA, this isn't as funny at all, and mostly weird.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.