Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 22, 2023 11:35 AM
Oct 2021
My favorite things about the series are definitely the main character Subaru(amazingly well written character with actual human flaws that make him feel like a proper underdog MC unlike dogshit op reincarnated protagonists that are gifted with large mana pool and new powers without even deserving them like Rudy in mushoku tensei or the op mc wanking fest Rimuru in tensei slime), great worldbuilding with the witch cult and astronomy lore(when you realize that subaru and the archbishops are all named after constellations or stars) and the amazing side cast that never gets forgotten, almost every character(even minor ones) in re:zero gets eventually spotlight to shine and have their development(i really liked how season 2 explored in depth characters like emilia,beatrice,otto,roswaal etc...) and if the re:zero season 3 trailer is anything to go by it seems that the other season 1 characters will be back and get more spotlight which makes me happy.
Apr 22, 2023 12:01 PM
Jan 2021
I can Totally agree although i think Rudeus is also a amazing character
Apr 22, 2023 12:35 PM

Jan 2019
Best fantasy fiction written by Japanese.

There is not even competition.

Looking for better series than Re:Zero
Apr 22, 2023 12:42 PM

May 2021
I don't even remember anymore what i liked about this series. All i know i rated it high so there surely is something...
Apr 22, 2023 1:11 PM
Jul 2020
The best part of re zero is Emilia & Subaru

Spoiler:

making murderous Subaru in arc 6 come to realization that he before he got his memory wiped was a good person and it’s the Subaru that just got isekai’d, having the whole neet and shut in personality. That whole section of phase 4 and chapter 54 and 55 was peak writing of the web novel. If they can recapture that moment with the amazing voice acting, I would be very grateful to all of the production team that has taken Tappei’s words and made them even better if they could pull it off.
Apr 22, 2023 1:19 PM
Aug 2022
whocaresdude97 said:
My favorite things about the series are definitely the main character Subaru(amazingly well written character with actual human flaws that make him feel like a proper underdog MC unlike dogshit op reincarnated protagonists that are gifted with large mana pool and new powers without even deserving them like Rudy in mushoku tensei or the op mc wanking fest Rimuru in tensei slime), great worldbuilding with the witch cult and astronomy lore(when you realize that subaru and the archbishops are all named after constellations or stars) and the amazing side cast that never gets forgotten, almost every character(even minor ones) in re:zero gets eventually spotlight to shine and have their development(i really liked how season 2 explored in depth characters like emilia,beatrice,otto,roswaal etc...) and if the re:zero season 3 trailer is anything to go by it seems that the other season 1 characters will be back and get more spotlight which makes me happy.

The plot and Rem ..
Apr 22, 2023 1:51 PM

Apr 2022
basically everything you said + EMT
Apr 22, 2023 2:08 PM
Dec 2022
Best thing in rezero: rem
Worst thing in rezero: emilia
Now we wait as the chaos begins
Apr 22, 2023 2:17 PM
Jan 2023
It’s the best Isekai I have watched so far.
Apr 22, 2023 3:29 PM
Nov 2019
whocaresdude97 said:

I think it's the development of characters, to be honest. Emilia, in particular, I always enjoyed her character, as well as Subaru and Emilia's relationship, and how they developed.
Apr 22, 2023 3:29 PM
Mar 2023
Who the F is Rem and why do people keep bringing her up
Apr 22, 2023 4:01 PM
Jan 2021
something I rarely see mentioned is that there's lots of both male and female characters, alot of isekai have some dude raoming around with only a bunch of girls following him around (even good ones like konosuba)
Apr 22, 2023 6:17 PM

Oct 2020
Amazing world building &great characters, especially subaru. Hes one of my fav characters of all time and I love how his development is written.
Apr 22, 2023 6:52 PM
Feb 2023
What I like most in re zero is the incredible death that subaru offers us, it's very gory and it's what makes the charm of re zero and also you never know what can happen when you start a new arc and when you discover it takes all its sense that's why I love re zero and also for Rem
Apr 23, 2023 4:19 AM

Dec 2021
Nothing because it's one of the worst things I have ever experienced in my life

This is the predecessor of Tokyo Revengers so you can't expect more
If you want to reply to my posts, come up with valid arguments instead of ad hominem HIGHER LEVEL THINKERS ONLY
Apr 23, 2023 9:25 AM
Jun 2021
It's Story
It's Characters
It's... I don't know. But i'm really sure it's the best isekai serie
Apr 23, 2023 9:47 AM
Jan 2022
The characters, the plot, backstories, and the world building (the most underrated part imo)
Apr 23, 2023 11:53 AM
Oct 2022
The animation, music, storytelling, twists and turnes and lastly fan services.
Apr 23, 2023 2:40 PM
Oct 2021
ptero93 said:
something I rarely see mentioned is that there's lots of both male and female characters, alot of isekai have some dude raoming around with only a bunch of girls following him around (even good ones like konosuba)
yep i agree with this
Apr 24, 2023 4:05 AM
Jan 2021
I love how everyone back each other up even though they are rivals.
Apr 25, 2023 1:24 PM
Jun 2022
I liked that he remembered that he was from another world past the end of the first episode. Even if his old life wasn't that great there were still people he was emotionally attached to. Most isekai protagonists seem to just slot in to their new lives with zero angst at what they've lost in the process, which makes them feel like very shallow characters.
Apr 25, 2023 4:00 PM
May 2021
Ooo oo! This one's for me! I am in love with Re:Zero. Moreso than any other piece of media ever produced. One of my favorite things about it is its thorough, rich exploration of Love In Ten Thousand Shades. So, so many characters in Re:Zero have love as their primary motivation. Sometimes you see people acting maliciously out of misconceived perversions of love (Petelgeuse, Roswaal), sometimes you see people obstinately refusing to listen to reason because love drives them forward (Garfiel, Subaru, arguably Crusch), sometimes you see people haunted by love that racks their souls (Emilia, Beatrice), and on and on. Think about Felix's love for Crusch. Think about Ram's love for Rem. Think about Subaru's Dad's love for Subaru. They're all different flavors, different shades of the same beautiful emotion. My personal favorite love is Wilhelm's. His love for his wife is heartwarming and noble. It's really beautiful. A close second for me, though, is Satella's love for Subaru - the love she displays at the tea party when Subaru tries to kill himself. I couldn't help crying. In this world where love is seemingly a motivator for everyone, everywhere, Subaru works his way through finding love, expressing it healthily, and not letting it fester into selfish love, among many other things. The love in Re:Zero is gorgeous. I adore it to no end.
Daddi4900Apr 25, 2023 9:01 PM
Apr 25, 2023 10:49 PM

Mar 2013
I'm not gonna read those walls of texts...
I'll simply answer the question if that's alright with you.

It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Apr 26, 2023 11:15 AM
Nov 2016
My favorite thing about Re:Zero is the OST, this anime has one of the best OST around, it never disappoints.

I hope S3 has an amazing OST like the previous seasons.
Apr 26, 2023 11:21 AM

Jun 2021
1. Emilia
2. The main heroine
3. Lia
4. Puck's contractee
5. The best girl of Re: Zero
ねえ、それはあなたです! あなたがカズマやトーマが好きなエッチ/ハーレムファンなら、女性を「平等に」扱うので、女性を殴る/軽蔑する2人のマッチョな男性か、Free!/YOIが好きだがフェアリーテイルの悪を話すTumblrファンガールです/ DxDとSAOは、ファンサービスがあり、アニメやマンガでBL / LGBTQ +ファンサービスが好きで、自分を「フェミニスト」と呼んでいるためです。自分は偽善者に過ぎず、価値観を再考し、これらの二重で停止する必要があることを知ってください。標準。 真剣に、それを止めてください😁。 #MenHaveTheRightToWorkInShortsInHotDays #MALMemberSince2010#Kirisuna Nico Nico no Hyouryuuken!
https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMsHeAUgW0lgREhidvVfUeeXb2M5WTADZ (Music about God).

*Bill Clinton's voice* I did not have sexual relationships with that anime girl. *Hilary Clinton's voice* waifu's rights are human rights, and human rights are waifu's rights. *God Emperor Donald Trump's voice* Yaoi anime will soon be illegal. All fujos will be arrested.

Apr 27, 2023 6:41 PM
Jun 2022
a praise that i have always sung for re:zero has been the voice acting. the voices fit the characters perfectly and god don’t even get me started on the voice acting. the voice acting is PHENOMENAL. i’ve never heard such amazing voice acting, so full of emotion! it’s executed amazingly in both sub and dub, although i prefer sub. i went to a convention that had a panel with subaru’s english va, sean chiplock, and he spoke about how he had to take a break after filming scenes like the snow bunnies death because he went all out on the role. truly admirable commitment to the voice acting with astonishing results! kudos to all of them!

a second praise i can never emphasize enough is the characters and their stories. all the characters manage to have a unique backstory despite the large cast of the show. and maybe it’s just me, but they also all manage to mean so much to me and hit so hard. i never find myself anticipating the end of a character arc, no matter how insignificant they were before the events where they were in the spotlight. the light novel also goes into beautiful detail of the backstories- my favorite example of this is wilhelm, i cried each time i watched or read his arc!
silvertonguedApr 27, 2023 6:54 PM

[font="\"Helvetica Neue\", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif"]I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.[/font]

May 18, 2023 10:05 AM

Jul 2021
i love everything about it. has been my fav since the first time i watched it. rewatched it a few months back and it just solidified my feelings for this masterpieice of an anime. i absolutely love this.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Jun 8, 2023 3:21 AM

Mar 2022
One word, Emilia.
go outside and actually farm plants.
Jun 9, 2023 2:45 AM
May 2021
The brutality and unforgiving nature of the show. Subaru’s mental strength is one of the best I’ve ever seen from a character. The stuff he endures even after death is enough to break an average persons soul.
Jun 21, 2023 3:02 AM
Jun 2015
The stories whatever, but the brutal atmosphere and all the characters getting killed time and time again makes it so good for me. Its like the only Isekai thats not boring.
Jun 21, 2023 3:12 AM

Feb 2019
I like overall mystery, psychological horror of the show. I like how powerless Subaru is, with nothing but return by death. I like how he can't let anyone know his secrets. I enjoy the suffering & shear determination of Sabaru. I like how the world is brutal, & I find a overall lore to be intriguing. The world building is fascinating & I can't wait to see what's in store. The story is unpredictable & you never know what might happen next. The suspense keeps you at the edge of your seat, makes impatient for the next episode to come. There's so much to love about this show yet I still have some issue with the overall production of the previous season, I can only hope this new season will be on par, if not better, than the first season.
-Kugeki-Jun 21, 2023 3:17 AM
Jun 22, 2023 2:29 AM
Oct 2018
The writing which is more character focused and the world building came along with it. 
Its hard to properly justified how good this series is, especially after i spoil myself reading the whole arc 6 which is incredible.
Subaru himself as a character is soo underrated just because some petty arguments people made online is so unfair so rate this show low.

I watched other shows that PEOPLE CLAIM TO BE the best this and that but some of it just as high as 'good' i can give some even i just forgot about it or even drop it midway.
The only few series that moved me is Re:zero.

(i refuse to say which anime that i dropped that people claim to be masterpiece because i dislike arguments and i just focusing on why i think re zero is my all time fav)
[/url]
Jun 23, 2023 3:16 AM

Oct 2021
Good: OST (including OP and ED), Emilia, Crusch
Bad: Everything except listed above
Oct 1, 2023 1:07 PM

Mar 2022
Reply to Kazu-chan-san
1. Emilia
2. The main heroine
3. Lia
4. Puck's contractee
5. The best girl of Re: Zero
@Kazu-chan-san you could have just said emilia and patrasche

More topics from this board

» (Spoilers) Who would be the perfect Seiyū?

castle2001 - Jun 11

11 by InfernalPotato »»
Jun 14, 4:01 PM

» Does some animators from Studio Bind will help White Fox ?

Baliste - Jun 9

15 by Kartiksama »»
Jun 12, 9:59 AM

» Episode 1 will be 90min LONG!

AshTheChamp - Jun 5

42 by Sh4dowTomi »»
Jun 11, 11:42 AM

» Why did White Fox decide to release episode 1 early?

someone324 - Jun 6

9 by GeoXsf9 »»
Jun 9, 9:00 AM

» New PV with theme song

Dbagas8 - Jun 6

12 by StyxParadise »»
Jun 6, 11:02 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.