Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 18, 2022 10:59 AM
May 2015
Ryohei Suzuki has been cast as Ryo.

The film intends to use a current Shinjuku setting rather than the classic 80s setting. I can understand this decision, the 80s was forty years ago now, but I hope they can tone down the tech.

This being a seinen comedy, could work out better than Netflix's COWBOY BEBOP or ONE PIECE. After all, the Chinese and French did their own films too. Let's see.
Dec 18, 2022 11:13 AM

Dec 2021
Haneken2086 said:
This being a seinen comedy, could work out better than Netflix's COWBOY BEBOP or ONE PIECE. After all, the Chinese and French did their own films too. Let's see.

Expecting another trashfire quality adaptation. I'll watch it, but I know I won't like it.
Daviljoe193Dec 18, 2022 11:23 AM
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 18, 2022 3:14 PM
Mar 2020
City hunter can actually work pretty well as a live action due to it being a realistic comedy action story. It doesn’t have to worry about scfi or superhero shit that other live actions have to worry about in other anime. I honestly don’t see how they can fumble this...

Unless the acting is trash. In a story where all you really need to worry about, is the execution, acting should be top notch. It’s literally the least they can do.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Dec 18, 2022 4:46 PM

Dec 2021
MeVike said:
City hunter can actually work pretty well as a live action due to it being a realistic comedy action story. It doesn’t have to worry about scfi or superhero shit that other live actions have to worry about in other anime. I honestly don’t see how they can fumble this...

Unless the acting is trash. In a story where all you really need to worry about, is the execution, acting should be top notch. It’s literally the least they can do.

I'd like to see it be done right. I'm still slowly watching through the j-drama adaptation of Angel Heart, and it ain't bad. I'm just worried that since it's going to be on netflix, the jokes are going to be written differently, more along the lines of some of the dreadful English dubs of the City Hunter movies.

Tl;dr: Mokkori good, nookie-nookie bad.
Opinions are opinions, and differing opinions can co-exist. ๐Ÿ™‚ But I don't do debate, life's too short to spend time debating people.
Dec 18, 2022 4:48 PM
Mar 2020
Daviljoe193 said:
MeVike said:

I'd like to see it be done right. I'm still slowly watching through the j-drama adaptation of Angel Heart, and it ain't bad. I'm just worried that since it's going to be on netflix, the jokes are going to be written differently, more along the lines of some of the dreadful English dubs of the City Hunter movies.

Tl;dr: Mokkori good, nookie-nookie bad.

I get your concern. I feel like for that type of thing specifically they should include the mangaka in the staff. I feel like with the mangaka’ a guidance, there can’t be much straying away from the concept of the story. I do hope it works out though.

๐˜š๐˜ฐ๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฎ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฎ๐˜บ ๐˜ฆ๐˜บ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด, ๐˜ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ’๐˜ต ๐˜ด๐˜ฆ๐˜ฆ.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 31, 2023 8:58 AM
May 2015
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/01/30/netflixs-city-hunter-live-action-film-casts-misato-morita-as-ryos-partner-kaori

I think she's good-looking enough.. although I think her hair should be more boyish. Part of Kaori's thing is her being more masculine than she should/wants to be.
Sep 7, 2023 7:07 PM
Neet Specter

Mar 2022
Ryohei Suzuki already has played panties stealing character in hentai Kamen so I think it's good choice..

Who plays saeko?

Sep 7, 2023 11:53 PM
Jul 2018
I enjoyed the other films, the weird Jackie Chan one, the knock off HK one and even the French one where there full frontal nudity, but male.
Sep 10, 2023 2:11 PM

Nov 2018
Reply to Haneken2086
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2023/01/30/netflixs-city-hunter-live-action-film-casts-misato-morita-as-ryos-partner-kaori

I think she's good-looking enough.. although I think her hair should be more boyish. Part of Kaori's thing is her being more masculine than she should/wants to be.
Haneken2086 said:

I'd say its closer to being treated in more masculine way than she actually is. She definitely is feminine that's the whole joke of it.

Anyways, really hoping it's as good as the French live action adaptation. That one was really fun to watch.

Feb 8, 10:52 AM
May 2015
Mar 17, 6:57 AM
May 2015
The film is set to release in April 24. Here is a look at Hideyuki Tanaka and Saeko Nogami, as well as a poster and trailer.

May 7, 3:07 PM
May 2015
An interview between City Hunter actors Ryohei Suzuki and Akira Kamiya.

More topics from this board

» can i watch this without seeing any of city hunter?

DerpySven - Mar 6

4 by cloud3299 »»
Mar 7, 4:02 AM

» Is this a sequel or stand-alone??

DigiCat - Feb 15

0 by DigiCat »»
Feb 15, 2:48 PM

» Will it be a continuation from s4?

tweetoot - Dec 7, 2022

31 by DigiCat »»
Jan 26, 8:27 AM

Poll: » City Hunter Movie: Tenshi no Namida Episode 1 Discussion

Tatsunami - Sep 15, 2023

2 by JlamServant »»
Nov 25, 2023 6:01 AM

» The Mokorri man is back

removed-user - Apr 9, 2022

36 by 0Unknown0 »»
Sep 25, 2023 10:13 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.