Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 8, 2022 9:24 PM
Apr 2022
I had very few complaints with this show. Aside from the lackluster animation at some points(which was of course made up for when it mattered) and a few cgi scenes, this show was great and I finished it in a span of 3 hours lol. Netflix been nailing some of these ONAs this season. Romantic Killer and Lookism were both great and I hope to see more like this from Netflix
Dec 8, 2022 10:51 PM
Mar 2022
Lookism anime community needs more recognition truly deserves alot
Dec 8, 2022 11:57 PM
Jun 2021
yep
the animation is stunning
i have read a lot of webtoon/manhwa and i really like the artstyle of them a lot
song and ost are banger
story felt kinda plain since its only 8 ep
but fly up song made up for that
also very realistic approach towards real life korea
need season 2 asap
Dec 9, 2022 12:00 AM

Jan 2016
how many chapters has It been adapted?
Dec 9, 2022 12:01 AM
Jun 2021
hkonata said:
26-27
out of 420 i guess a s2 is needed
Dec 9, 2022 12:09 AM

Jan 2016
taru_otaku said:
hkonata said:
26-27
out of 420 i guess a s2 is needed

thanks i'll catch up with manhwa
Dec 9, 2022 12:49 AM

Feb 2021
8 eps is to few. Need more.

Protect the smile!

Dec 9, 2022 1:23 AM
Apr 2020
Rimusimp said:
I had very few complaints with this show. Aside from the lackluster animation at some points(which was of course made up for when it mattered) and a few cgi scenes, this show was great and I finished it in a span of 3 hours lol. Netflix been nailing some of these ONAs this season. Romantic Killer and Lookism were both great and I hope to see more like this from Netflix

Same, I didn't plan to watch it, but after watching 10 minutes into the episode, I got hooked
Dec 10, 2022 7:17 AM

Jun 2011
I feel like it's a bit underrated. This need more hype. It's a good adaptation. I actually underestimated it. Thought it would not give the manhwa justice but it's just really good
Dec 11, 2022 9:01 PM

Aug 2012
This was great I really enjoyed it.
I didnt expect much going into studio mir's first work and manwhas arent very well adapted in my experience.
But this one was truly great.
I might just wait for the rest if it comes out one day, cuz the anime was way better than the manwha.
You can even notice the big difference in that finale if you check out chapter 27... it was so trash there haha
ShidotekiDec 11, 2022 9:20 PM
Dec 12, 2022 12:40 AM
Jun 2020
Shidoteki said:
I didnt expect much going into studio mir's first work and manwhas arent very well adapted in my experience.
I might just wait for the rest if it comes out one day, cuz the anime was way better than the manwha.
You can even notice the big difference in that finale if you check out chapter 27... it was so trash there haha
The ending made me want to check out the manwha and there’s a HUGE difference I almost had to double check if it was the same work. Adaptation did wonders for Lookism
Dec 12, 2022 1:54 AM

Sep 2019
icantspellsobr said:
Shidoteki said:
The ending made me want to check out the manwha and there’s a HUGE difference I almost had to double check if it was the same work. Adaptation did wonders for Lookism

Can you elaborate further without spoiling ?
Dec 12, 2022 5:46 AM

Mar 2019
it was great but i felt like all these 8 episodes were nothing but an add to the webtoon
nothing major happened and the story started but didn't progress anywhere
it was a fun watch but i wanted more from it tbh
Dec 12, 2022 10:04 AM

Aug 2012
AnchorShip said:
icantspellsobr said:

This adaptation improved on the manwha greatly by giving each scene a purpose and redesigning characters so they dont look like goblins or gag characters and are actual humans.

Chapter 27 (Episode 8s climax) in the manwha was very shallow, making fun of its own characters and portraying even the main characters as unlikeable.
Not only that the entire climax was rushed and uninteresting.
So yeah id give the manwha like a 5 and I'd give the anime an 8.
Studio Mir did a great job
Dec 12, 2022 11:35 AM

Feb 2021
Hope for the continuation of these series to adapt all the remaining manhwa chapters!
Dec 14, 2022 4:17 AM

Sep 2019
Shidoteki said:
AnchorShip said:

This adaptation improved on the manwha greatly by giving each scene a purpose and redesigning characters so they dont look like goblins or gag characters and are actual humans.

Chapter 27 (Episode 8s climax) in the manwha was very shallow, making fun of its own characters and portraying even the main characters as unlikeable.
Not only that the entire climax was rushed and uninteresting.
So yeah id give the manwha like a 5 and I'd give the anime an 8.
Studio Mir did a great job
ah and i heard there are hundreds of chapters too. Hope this show gets a season 2 I liked it a lot if it’s to the quality of season 1
Dec 14, 2022 5:09 AM
Oct 2015
Blast you say?
This show was so bad on so many levels that it was actually good.
Horrible guilty pleasure.
Dec 14, 2022 10:03 PM

Oct 2021
I didn't like it. I dub wasn't the best, it left more to be desired, and some parts didn't sit well with me.

Maybe Korean society's body standards have a thing to do with this, but being fat doesn't equate to being ugly and getting rejected by society.

There's no way someone can drop a person 2-3 times their weight with a swing of a hand. You'll see that many big people can completely fold others in fights, and usually, they'll have the upper hand in most school fight scenarios. In many cases, it's these big, and sometimes overweight people doing the actual bullying.

Just look at these two, even if the guy on the left was extremely athletic and muscular, he's not going to win.
PriinceYukiDec 14, 2022 10:07 PM

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Don't try and get me to cook
I can take care of anything
else but not that

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Dec 22, 2022 10:34 AM

Nov 2012
I think it's about to blow up over Christmas, I saw they posted it was in Netflix's top 10 today at 8 which was higher than when it was airing I believe (it was at 10 then I think). A lot of people will be looking for things to watch over the holidays and just the fact that it's hit that top 10 should push it further as it it will appear under trending and whatever and be pushed out to more users.

If you watched and enjoyed it talk about it and recommend it to people. I think we will see a sharp uptick in people watching soon, hopefully that gets us the season2/more eps announcement too!

I hope this is what happens anyway, I enjoyed it too!
I have a third testicle that gives me psychic powers

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

94 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 7 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

8 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 1:19 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 6 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

11 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:50 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 5 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

14 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:37 AM

Poll: » Gaiken Shijou Shugi Episode 4 Discussion

teddgod - Dec 8, 2022

13 by ST63LTH »»
Apr 30, 12:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.