Forum Settings
Forums

Permanently Ignore Anime/Manga from Recommendations

New
Aug 24, 2022 9:10 AM

Jul 2020
There are occasions where you're recommended a series (either on this site or by word of mouth) that you check out and quickly realize you'd never want to watch/read it. It would be nice to have a feature of "Permanently Remove from Suggestions" or something similar. The recommendation algorithm has numerous issues, and it makes it almost unusable without being able to ignore titles.
forums signatures? party like it's 2005.
Aug 24, 2022 10:22 AM

May 2021
Honestly true, I don't really count on MAL suggestions to give me worthwhile manga to read, people's recommendations to manga I've read and liked have given me some of the best stuff I didn't expect to find.

Your suggested feature would be nice to have, if it's just for a very few I'd add drop with nothing read, but if it's about 50 or more then it's a pain and getting everything clumped.

Also on anime.plus linked to your account via MALgraph you can find decent suggestions I think.

Pls don't write animeS or mangaS >.< // + <50 man(g/hw/hu)a not in MAL. // Join my >manga club< here!

More topics from this board

» Private Interest Stacks

GoodbyeNosta1gia - Yesterday

0 by GoodbyeNosta1gia »»
Yesterday, 2:24 PM

» Tbr List Suggestion

quartz_goblin - Yesterday

0 by quartz_goblin »»
Yesterday, 10:04 AM

» Could MAL match users with the most similar watched anime and ratings?

mur_koshka - Apr 7

14 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 23, 7:15 AM

» is it possible to add a like/heart feature for those who prefer not to rate things?

FruitPunchBaka - May 23

0 by FruitPunchBaka »»
May 23, 5:33 AM

» Cap the maximum YT embeds / Don't preload YouTube embeds in spoiler blocks

Daviljoe193 - May 21

5 by xLoop »»
May 22, 8:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.