Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2022 9:39 PM

Dec 2021
Was season 1 adapted poorly or skip some parts of LN or something like that? Cause I have seen people complain about S1 and worried about S2 adaptation.
Jun 24, 2022 10:08 PM
Jan 2021
Sorry, not a LN reader. But every LN or manga reader is insanely stuck up. I’ve seen people complain about adaptations when it was 1:1. I would just try both if you want to know the difference because most stuck up readers will complain about the smallest stuff. I thought the anime was fun, so I highly doubt you would really miss anything. I like the anime specifically because it depicts the MC as more emotionless than the LN. But every LN reader will complain about the smallest stuff, especially for this anime.
The right mindset when watching an anime is hoping that it will break your top 10
Jun 24, 2022 10:08 PM
Dec 2019
It was fine they just made Horikita look like the main girl when she’s not
Jun 24, 2022 10:12 PM
Jul 2018
The anime changed some critical details in the LN. For example, the pool scence, where Kei Karuizawa was replaced by Suzune Horikita. Horikita also replaced Honami Ichinose in that Sudo vs Ryueen conflict. Also, the class strength in the anime is shown to be 25 whereas it is 40 in the LN, which is a crucial detail. These are some of the reasons LN readers were disappointed by the anime. We are hoping that they rectify these things in Season 2.
Jun 24, 2022 10:23 PM
Jun 2021
it was a decent adaptation. changes that i remember:

-Kiyo and Horikita confronting class c guys was actually Kiyo and Ichinose

-class size is 40 instead of the number shown in the anime (doesn’t really change much except in later volumes)

-pool scene was with Kei instead of Horikita (also doesn’t really change much but should be noted that this took place after vol 4)

-anime hinted Horikita having romantic feelings towards Kiyo which never actually happened nor does happen

-Chabashira threatening Kiyo after the island test -> this scene was before the island test and is what made him use effort to win the test (very important: shows his motivations)

-made Kiyo an emotionless figure that views everyone as tools -> while true this is how he is on this outside a lot of his inner monologues were cut which shows that he is actually quite a normal person with normal desires and such

don’t really care what’s cut and changed as long as the main scenes are there. it was a pretty decent adaptation.
Jun 24, 2022 11:48 PM

Jan 2021
INSANELYWP said:

-class size is 40 instead of the number shown in the anime (doesn’t really change much except in later volumes)

-pool scene was with Kei instead of Horikita (also doesn’t really change much but should be noted that this took place after vol 4)

-anime hinted Horikita having romantic feelings towards Kiyo which never actually happened nor does happen

-Chabashira threatening Kiyo after the island test -> this scene was before the island test and is what made him use effort to win the test (very important: shows his motivations)

-made Kiyo an emotionless figure that views everyone as tools -> while true this is how he is on this outside a lot of his inner monologues were cut which shows that he is actually quite a normal person with normal desires and such

don’t really care what’s cut and changed as long as the main scenes are there. it was a pretty decent adaptation.

Also Sakayanagi was introduced way too early
Jun 25, 2022 12:23 AM
Apr 2022
They had to have a beach episode. Instead of developing the characters and story. Some characters are tsunderes when they should be levelheaded and realistic. The pacing for the first few episode isn’t good and the fact that important establishing events don’t even happen is because we have an entire episode dedicated to the boys getting horny.

I hope that season 2 will be different and instead of having a throwaway episode they will concentrate on the story in and adapt it in great detail.
Jun 25, 2022 12:31 AM
Jul 2021
PhatScythe said:

That's were you're wrong. She's clearly the main girl of the series. The anime depicted her as the one solving pool incident instead of Kei so I get what you're taking about.
Jun 25, 2022 12:38 AM
Feb 2019
BenTen52 said:
PhatScythe said:

That's were you're wrong. She's clearly the main girl of the series. The anime depicted her as the one solving pool incident instead of Kei so I get what you're taking about.

I agree. Horikita is definitely the main girl with second importance to the story after Ayanokoji, but that doesn't mean she's the love interest. There's a difference.
Jun 25, 2022 12:45 AM
Dec 2019
filimaua13 said:
BenTen52 said:

I agree. Horikita is definitely the main girl with second importance to the story after Ayanokoji, but that doesn't mean she's the love interest. There's a difference.

Yeah I just meant like theres other important girls too but Horikita kept replacing their scenes
Jun 25, 2022 12:46 AM
Feb 2019
PhatScythe said:
filimaua13 said:

Yeah I just meant like theres other important girls too but Horikita kept replacing their scenes

I'm not disagreeing with you on that front. I still don't know why Season 1 did that.. but yeeah.
Jun 25, 2022 1:29 AM
Dec 2021
BenTen52 said:
PhatScythe said:

Also the incident against the class c guys ( the fake cams and all) was ichinose and kiyo instead of horikita
Jun 25, 2022 2:51 AM
Jul 2021
What bothers me the most is the poor representation of kiyotaka.

In the anime it seems like he hates everyone and just wants to be alone but in the source material he just wants to have a normal student life and create memories of those 3 years.

In this case I dont like the acting of the va because it makes kiyo a emotionless and very boring character. In the episode 1 pv it seems like now it will have a more active or clear voice (like Shin from 86) and I really like that.
Jun 25, 2022 3:08 AM
Jan 2021
I haven’t watched the anime in a bit, so I won’t remember the details. However, the glaring issue is the depiction of Ayanakouji’s character. In the novels, he seems very much so like an ordinary person. His mystery in the form of test scores and intelligence is still prevalent, but it isn’t really forced(?) by making him seem aloof and indifferent. His interactions with others are more alive, and his monologues serve to make him, most of the time, appear like a relatively normal student. Beyond that, another issue is the lack of focus on other characters. Since 3 volumes were adapted, they cut a lot of lines of dialogues and monologues. As you can imagine, this would remove a lot of the necessary detail required to gauge the relationships different characters have with one another. The anime isn’t bad, so long as you don’t compare it to the source material too much. I think the worries of S2 are, despite me not having read Vol. 4 yet, valid. It makes sense to worry about continuing an acutely fractured adaptation, because this may lead to an even more fractured sequel. Who knows, though.
Jun 25, 2022 4:02 AM

Jun 2020
I haven't read the LN so can't say about that, but the anime was shit. The only good thing were probably the first 4 episodes. Rest, especially the entire Island arc, was boring af. So yeah, either it's a bad adaptation or it was just not for me.
Jun 25, 2022 4:59 AM

May 2021
Yes, it was a poor adaptation. They made Ayanokoji look like an edgelord when he's much more than that. They should at least include the monologues that describe his thoughts if not ones that detail the plans he has laid down.

Jun 25, 2022 7:23 AM
Dec 2021
PhatScythe said:

Lol we don’t even know who the main girl is, because
Jun 25, 2022 7:25 AM
Dec 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
I haven't read the LN so can't say about that, but the anime was shit. The only good thing were probably the first 4 episodes. Rest, especially the entire Island arc, was boring af. So yeah, either it's a bad adaptation or it was just not for me.

I like to call the first season really just the prologue because world building is the main focus with the first three volumes. Definitely gonna get better.
Jun 25, 2022 7:29 AM
Aug 2021
PhatScythe said:

Literally my first time I watched it I thought this
Jun 25, 2022 8:52 AM
Jun 2020
NowiseNovice said:
The anime changed some critical details in the LN. For example, the pool scence, where Kei Karuizawa was replaced by Suzune Horikita. Horikita also replaced Honami Ichinose in that Sudo vs Ryueen conflict. Also, the class strength in the anime is shown to be 25 whereas it is 40 in the LN, which is a crucial detail. These are some of the reasons LN readers were disappointed by the anime. We are hoping that they rectify these things in Season 2.

It seems they are trying to really push Horikita into being the main girl?
Jun 25, 2022 9:19 AM
Aug 2021
INSANELYWP said:

man that is a lot of remember
nice
Jun 25, 2022 11:05 AM
Nov 2021
official_brown said:
Sorry, not a LN reader. But every LN or manga reader is insanely stuck up. I’ve seen people complain about adaptations when it was 1:1. I would just try both if you want to know the difference because most stuck up readers will complain about the smallest stuff. I thought the anime was fun, so I highly doubt you would really miss anything. I like the anime specifically because it depicts the MC as more emotionless than the LN. But every LN reader will complain about the smallest stuff, especially for this anime.

i read the whole Ln year 1 and no the adaptation was not even 1:1 they skipped many parts added some parts which were supposed to come after some time changed many parts etc
Jun 25, 2022 11:05 AM
May 2021
Rishon007 said:
Was season 1 adapted poorly or skip some parts of LN or something like that? Cause I have seen people complain about S1 and worried about S2 adaptation.

Basically karukfc was supposed to be “that” girl but director was horikita simp so yeah
I mean I can’t blame him
So you could guess what happened next karukfc was left lonely with ichinose (Main these characters have the hardest type of names)
Which made ayano god to go through heartbroken status development because his favorite waifus got sacrificed and now he’s emotionless in the anime ver
Also if you could recall ayano god is currently in heartbroken status so he is less functional so he just stays home and only eats perfect 2m ramen (op btw highly recommended) so since he’s home all the time he can’t undergo the script so some parts got skipped but if you look into it at another way it’s just the script changed into something new like if you read omniscient you know this isn’t necessarily a bad development
Overall pretty logical moves props to the director he surely nailed his job
Also horikita solos

If you read every word till the end congratulations you’re the superior 1% out 100% to be able to handle 145IQ+ cringe
But overall ayano god solos
Jun 25, 2022 11:09 AM
May 2021
PhatScythe said:
filimaua13 said:

i mean there’s no “main girl” in the whole series right everyone just side character except ayano god
Jun 25, 2022 11:13 AM

Nov 2020
Rishon007 said:
yeah they skipped somethings and changed many things and everyone in the anime looks like 12 year old. + will never forgive the studio for making so many change's in the swimming pool ep.

"I don't know about you
But I'm feeling 22
Everything will be alright if
You keep me next to you
You don't know about me
But I'll bet you want to
Everything will be alright if

We just keep dancing like we're 22, 22"
Jun 25, 2022 1:27 PM
Jul 2020
INSANELYWP said:

if you've read Y2V6 then I'm sure you'd like to change your last point.
A normal person huh, right normal.
Jun 25, 2022 2:45 PM
Jun 2022
3 ay önce 2.sezonun fragmanı geldi.Heyecanlanmıştım çünkü neredeyse 4 yıldır bu anı bekliyordum.Normalde mangasını okuyacaktım fakat ilk bölümde neredeyse animeyle ilgili hiçbir şey uymuyordu:(.MC'in düşüncelerini okuduktan sonra "bu ne amınakoyim" der gibi kapattım siteyi.2.Sezondan güzel olaylar bekliyorum.Yine belirteyim,
Çok heyecanlıyım !!
Jun 26, 2022 12:19 AM
Feb 2021
official_brown said:

oh... oh my...

"every LN or manga reader is stuck up"

EXCUSE ME lol. That's just generalising every single enjoyer of manga/LN into one sentence, your stuck up, not them.
Jun 26, 2022 1:17 AM
Apr 2022
Rishon007 said:

it misses a few things out and changes certain aspects of the story. There is a classroom of the elite Reddit where it will give you a link explaining all of the differences which are quite important to understand if you take the story seriously.

Personally, I feel like Vol 4. might be a bit mid animated. I feel like the book wasn’t long enough to fully explore the idea of the “special test” however I’m just hoping the other big thing to happen isn’t ruined either.
Jun 26, 2022 2:47 AM
Oct 2021
Rishon007 said:

yeah they cut some part of light novel and replace some part also like when in the forest when girls were angry at boys for stealing panties then when horikita suggest ayanokoji for watch over them with hirata they kei very much insults ayanokoji and with the cc tv sudo case there was ichinose incuded in the nove and something like those, but i do not think it will affect the story that much
Jun 27, 2022 3:10 PM

Sep 2016
Personally I thought the adaptation of season 1 was horrible and very rushed. As much as I'm not a hard critic, I still enjoyed the show but it had so much more potential. If I had to say atleast 80% of buildup was skipped and the whole story had been twisted (e.g. multiple scenes happening in a different place than original, multiple skipped scenes, making Horikita a tsundere type and make her seem as the MC and even to the point where episode 7 was adapted from the last chapter of volume 4.5 which happens after they return from the special tests and which also had a completely switched story as original.)

To be fair, to get the justice this masterpiece novel deserves it'd well needs a new first season but the odds of that happening is 0%. If season 2 can somehow adjust to the mistakes of s1 I'd be content but I'll be watching anyway, how sped the show would become.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

342 by RPXtreme »»
Jun 2, 12:45 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

527 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 16, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

211 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 5:56 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

169 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 6, 2017

171 by SanessyAdversary »»
May 14, 12:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.