Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2022 7:34 AM
Mar 2021
This type of side character is so annoying, always appeared in the great/important situation, there is also something like this in other anime called seirei gensouki, the annoying girl named latifa. Like why the hell there is so many authors creating a character like this, disclaimer: this is for all of the moderators, i do not mean to make a mess in this anime discussion, i just want to expressing of what i feel, so please🙏🏼
Jun 24, 2022 7:46 AM
Jan 2022
I disagree with you there, she was kinda annoing in the first episode but after I really liked her, she's so sweet.
ArtecoJun 24, 2022 8:00 AM
Jun 24, 2022 7:55 AM
Dec 2021
i almost hated her in 1st episode, because she was as u said - annoying, but after that it wasn't that much of a problem to watch her
Jun 24, 2022 7:57 AM

Mar 2018
Somewhat agree with you as well, I don't see the need to add these types of characters when there are so many other, better archetypes. Maybe for the cuteness factor, but there are also so many better ways to go about doing that.
Jun 24, 2022 8:04 AM

Mar 2021
you know how it sounds like?

"My 10y/o kid is so annoying. I can't stand a minute when it starts crying and throws a tantrum. I'm a disown it."

(I used it over here to stay gender neutral)

Now, I know Lily is not a 10y/o. But her personality is that of a kid. It's so unrealistic if all the characters are perfect to the point of not being annoying at all. So the authors have to bring up characters with such personality for the depth in their writing.
Jun 24, 2022 9:24 AM
Aug 2021
V1P3R0P said:

"My 10y/o kid is so annoying. I can't stand a minute when it starts crying and throws a tantrum. I'm a disown it."

Now, I know Lily is not a 10y/o. But her personality is that of a kid. It's so unrealistic if all the characters are perfect to the point of not being annoying at all. So the authors have to bring up characters with such personality for the depth in their writing.

Grammatically 'they' is the correct word and also gender neutral.
Jun 24, 2022 9:51 AM

Mar 2021
StarZone1 said:
V1P3R0P said:

Grammatically 'they' is the correct word and also gender neutral.

Yeah. I understand that. But didn't feel like using that to describe a child for some reason. Apologies for using bad grammar.
Jun 24, 2022 10:28 AM
Feb 2022
Kevinjtc said:
This type of side character is so annoying, always appeared in the great/important situation, there is also something like this in other anime called seirei gensouki, the annoying girl named latifa. Like why the hell there is so many authors creating a character like this, disclaimer: this is for all of the moderators, i do not mean to make a mess in this anime discussion, i just want to expressing of what i feel, so please🙏🏼

In My Opinion, Lily Was Not Annoying At All..
Her Character Is So Jolly And Good ..
Jun 24, 2022 11:42 AM
Oct 2018
I really like her character she is adorable like a little sister
Jun 24, 2022 2:34 PM
May 2022
She doesn't do much or appear too often (except for her episode) so i don't mind her + she's not that much annoying in my opinion
Jun 24, 2022 8:41 PM

Dec 2021
Hey-lee said:
She doesn't do much or appear too often (except for her episode) so i don't mind her + she's not that much annoying in my opinion

agree with this message.

I'm level on MAL-Badges. View my badges.
Riley Dragneel | Discord: @_vulcann
Jun 24, 2022 10:39 PM
Jun 2022
Lily is supposed to be like a little sister. The big brother/little sister relationship is quite a popular one in anime.
Jun 24, 2022 11:59 PM

Jan 2021
I disliked her too but all anime gotta have that one character that’s annoying
Jun 26, 2022 1:14 AM

Jun 2016
For the most part I agree. She just out of place.

I think her 'arc' or ep was good enough. But then she devolved into crying noise maker towards the end.

Why a ~10 yr old is a general, how getting smacked over the head = insane love and affection, why everyone accepts her as a general makes no sense.
Jun 26, 2022 10:45 AM
May 2022
speak for yourself, kid
Jul 2, 2022 1:03 AM
Nov 2018
Lol it just you buddy that is annoying. Imagine you have sister like her and said "why the hell is my mom birth her and it's annoying" lolol
Jul 2, 2022 2:24 AM

May 2021
Well, she actually is a kid from what I know so no.

Jul 10, 2022 1:49 AM

Jun 2015
Kevinjtc said:

Im glad you gave disclaimer for mods. Allows me to say what I think in response. You don't actually say anything here. You mention another anime which is not relevant to this show, and, as you have given me privilege, I'll express myself, and why dont you just fuck off and go post your opinion on fb or some where else.
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
Jul 10, 2022 1:55 AM

Jun 2015
Inorichi said:
For the most part I agree. She just out of place.

I think her 'arc' or ep was good enough. But then she devolved into crying noise maker towards the end.

Why a ~10 yr old is a general, how getting smacked over the head = insane love and affection, why everyone accepts her as a general makes no sense.

Fantasy show, that's why ;)
To have you, Id give a billion lives A-Chan best girl
May 1, 10:46 AM
Aug 2023
I only found Lily loud (a little annoying) in the first episode when they were doing a meeting behind Echidna's back to hire Leo in secret. But she's fine everywhere else, and is a great character.

I think the reason why she's so loud in the first episode is to really play up the red herring false appearance that she's some sort of annoying kid who won't listen, because right in the next episode she gets her episode where Leo thinks that was the case, but is proved utterly wrong, and admits it. All Leo had to do was explain things to her, she just lacked the experience to know what to do, not the maturity nor mindset to listen and learn.

Another reason for Lily is it implies the desperation of the Demon Queen's army that they not only have a kid as one of the generals, but she's in charge of logistics. This appearance is actually false as Lily is actually quite ridiculously powerful in her giant animal form (she brute forced the unbreakable boulder, and all the obstacles Leo set up), and she actually can help in things like logistics. She helps in other ways also with the morale boosting for Echidna by suggesting to plant flowers in the courtyard. Her instincts are actually right a lot of the times, at one point late in the season the other generals were wondering why Leo was helping them given his suspicious past becoming known, Lily says she thinks "Leo is a good guy who wants to help them" and everybody brushes it off as if it was a comment from a naïve kid, but she was actually right.

And lastly the last battle...

This is one of my favorite animes, and I've rewatched it many times. The stuff I've pointed out is very hard to spot on a single watch given the twists of the story. But even during my first watch, I remember Lily was fine, she was just a little too loud during the secret meeting with Leo in the first episode. But Lily's character is not unimportant to the show, she was very much essential to the show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 21, 2022

137 by indexsel »»
Apr 30, 5:38 PM

» Am I The Only One Who Would Have Liked The Story Better If This Was The Case?

Rat8526 - Jun 18, 2022

28 by Ash_In_Space »»
Apr 30, 5:01 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2022

77 by vkopuzoglu »»
Apr 25, 7:53 AM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Apr 19, 2022

59 by James_xeno »»
Mar 28, 2:19 PM

Poll: » Yuusha, Yamemasu Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - May 3, 2022

46 by Monmon0110 »»
Mar 7, 5:14 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.