Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 19, 2022 4:11 AM
Jun 2020
Crunchyroll will distribute the movie in theaters in the West, and has already mentioned some of its distributors in French-speaking territories, North America, Europe and Latin America.
It will arrive early 2023

Distribution does not include Asian territories, therefore Crunchyroll will not be responsible for distribution in Asia.
It will probably be other Asian distributors.

More information and the official source:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/es/anime-news/2022/05/18/crunchyroll-to-release-makoto-shinkais-suzume-no-tojimari-in-theaters-early-2023?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news_en&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news
May 19, 2022 4:26 AM
Feb 2022
cant wait for it looks like it is going to be good
May 19, 2022 5:06 AM
Mar 2021
wasn’t the release date 11/11 2022?
May 19, 2022 5:11 AM

Jan 2021
Pumpk1nish said:

In Japan, yes. I assume localization will take some time.
May 19, 2022 6:08 AM
May 2018
johneaston said:
Pumpk1nish said:

In Japan, yes. I assume localization will take some time.

the theater localization usually takes 6 months after the Japanese theater release
May 19, 2022 6:08 AM
Apr 2022
Jjk 0 needed 4 months to come to germany. I don’t want to wait 😀
May 19, 2022 6:37 PM
Mar 2022
I’m happy but sad that it most definitely won’t make it to theaters here…
May 20, 2022 2:17 AM
Mar 2021
Damn that’s pretty cool!
May 20, 2022 11:04 AM

May 2020
I'm hyped for this movie to release
𝗠𝗔𝗟𝗼𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗻 ✟ 2𝟬𝟮3:

May 20, 2022 4:56 PM

May 2022
The art and animation are on another level. I would gladly pay to see this in the theater and if the story is as good as the animation I’ll see it twice. Absolutely beautiful 🤩
May 24, 2022 1:14 PM

Jan 2011
Stupid Crunchyroll … I dont want to pay a US company for a movie made in Nihon. Why cant the producers distribute their movies themselves and also earn the profits completely themselves? Nowadays with internet its easier as ever. Put the file on the own website, paywall with worldwide and easy usable payment system (Monero for example) and everybody would be happy.
May 24, 2022 1:25 PM

Jan 2016
Good times ahead now that anime is becoming mainstream, as we get more movies in theatres on a regular basis.

summerwars said:
Stupid Crunchyroll … I dont want to pay a US company for a movie made in Nihon. Why cant the producers distribute their movies themselves and also earn the profits completely themselves? Nowadays with internet its easier as ever. Put the file on the own website, paywall with worldwide and easy usable payment system (Monero for example) and everybody would be happy.

That's not how business works. Disney tried this with Disney Plus but people will always put the movies up on pirated sites and in the end, the movie loses out on tens of millions.

Also, there is a huge audience for cinema, heck I couldn't care less for Hero Academia movies and still go and watch them in cinemas simply because I like watching anime on the big screen, and the same goes for this and other films.

Get used to it because there will be a lot more movies from now on after the success of the likes of demon slayer, jujutsu kaisen and recently 5toubun no hanayome
May 24, 2022 2:06 PM

Jan 2011
FireFistYK said:
That's not how business works. Disney tried this with Disney Plus but people will always put the movies up on pirated sites and in the end, the movie loses out on tens of millions.
There wil be always pirated movies. The only problem with DIsney+ is, that it is not easy accessable (no standard) and prices are too high. If there would be free open standards for streaming and paying, there could be apps where you can integrate all streaming pages you want with easy payment methods. No need for subscriptions anymore, you only pay for what you want to see, no cross-subsidization anymore for shows or movies you dont want to see. I dont want to pay Netflix for a show they did not made, I dont want to have Crunchyroll getting all the profits for just hosting some files.

FireFistYK said:
Also, there is a huge audience for cinema, heck I couldn't care less for Hero Academia movies and still go and watch them in cinemas simply because I like watching anime on the big screen, and the same goes for this and other films.
I have no problem with cinema. I have a problem with online distribution like it is today: centralized and not fair.

FireFistYK said:
Get used to it because there will be a lot more movies from now on after the success of the likes of demon slayer, jujutsu kaisen and recently 5toubun no hanayome
No, I dont want to. I want the system changed in favour of the real producers and us fans and not some centralized file hosting companies making all the profits with ugly subscrption systems I am being forced to use.
Jul 16, 2022 1:14 PM

Jun 2020
After the success of JJK 0, I have high hopes for this releasing in India. Need PVR to get on this as well.
Aug 21, 2022 6:29 AM
May 2017
Wouldn't I love to watch such movies in Indian Theaters 😭
DREAMS!!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suzume no Tojimari Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Shikkakku - Nov 11, 2022

345 by strawbxrryshine »»
May 28, 4:19 AM

» Feet and shoes in the film

trvekvlt666 - May 19

20 by Casualfanofanime »»
May 24, 2:38 PM

» Remake of weathering with you? ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - May 1

51 by Zoopiez »»
May 19, 8:06 PM

» Makoto Shinka cannot write plausible human relationships

MyllerPhiem - Apr 8

42 by BroodEagle »»
May 11, 3:37 PM

Poll: » Next natural disaster?

mechian - Apr 15, 2023

6 by Rob7 »»
Apr 23, 9:55 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.