Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro
Available on Manga Store
New
Apr 29, 2022 2:23 AM
Mar 2021
I have to say I absolutely love the Dub. I’m usually a sub only snob but the voice acting in this anime is absolutely amazing. It’s crazy rewatching a series again and smiling ear to ear through out the season. Have anyone checked out the English dub? Personally I feel that the voice actress for Gamo knocked it out of the park.
Apr 29, 2022 2:35 AM

Mar 2021
kfsilver89 said:
I have to say I absolutely love the Dub. I’m usually a sub only snob but the voice acting in this anime is absolutely amazing. It’s crazy rewatching a series again and smiling ear to ear through out the season. Have anyone checked out the English dub? Personally I feel that the voice actress for Gamo knocked it out of the park.

I too watch animes in sub

But the way they took almost an year to start a dub project for this show makes me wonder if they were taking time to plan how and what words to use.

I'm now waiting crunchyroll to dub "Tsukimichi Moonlit Fantasy"
Apr 29, 2022 2:45 AM
Sep 2021
dub is soooo bad like omg
Apr 29, 2022 2:52 AM

Nov 2021
HHAX said:

stfu weeb , get a life

Apr 29, 2022 2:55 AM
Mar 2021
HHAX said:
well okay but like if you don’t give a reason why, then don’t expect people to take your opinion seriously.
Apr 29, 2022 3:01 AM
Mar 2021
V1P3R0P said:
kfsilver89 said:

But the way they took almost an year to start a dub project for this show makes me wonder if they were taking time to plan how and what words to use.

I never heard of that series but if I had to choice for any series to get a dub it would be Kaiji especially since it’s been out over a decade and would love a reason to watch it again. With the hype of squid games they should have made a dub and capitalize on it with western audience. But back to the point, I think it’s brilliant that they waited until the winter of anime especially because Dress-up darling didn’t do it for me. It provided an alternative to the slice of life genre. Im not a humongous fan of simuldubs because if a great anime comes out I’ll choice subs… but wait a few season then rerelease it, then it gives me another reason to check it out!
Apr 29, 2022 3:36 AM
Nov 2021
i usually check on both sub and dubs to see wich one i like more but i have to prefer the sub in this show. The whole senpai thing just doesnt fit in the dub imho.
Apr 29, 2022 3:48 AM

Mar 2011
I didn't care for it. Sumire Uesaka as Nagatoro is the only person I want voicing that character.
Apr 29, 2022 3:50 AM

Mar 2011
Chota_Itachi said:
HHAX said:

stfu weeb , get a life

My brother in Christ, this is an anime forum. We're all weebs here.
Apr 29, 2022 4:00 AM
Apr 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
HHAX said:

stfu weeb , get a life

that has to be the most hypocrite reply ive seen
Apr 29, 2022 4:05 AM
Aug 2021
HHAX said:

you dedicated your entire life to Japan. I bet you'll soon start hating you own language and turn into a femboy and greet your parents with "ohayo oka San" while they look at you like as a failure while making a cringe face
Apr 29, 2022 4:28 AM

Sep 2020
With me dubs are a hit or miss.

Anime that don’t really need to be anime, such as AOT, BNHA, Death Parade, Assassination Classroom have really good dubs because they are not necessarily based in Japan or have anime tropes. I have watched all these series in dubs and subs and both of them stand on their own.

However anime like this with the whole “Senpai” thing sounds really cringe when said by a English voice. Just my opinion though.

Also I think Nagatoro JP voice is 100x better than the EN voice.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2022 4:30 AM

Sep 2020
domata said:
Chota_Itachi said:

stfu weeb , get a life

Weeb calls weeb a weeb while on an anime forum website.

Ironic.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2022 5:17 AM
Sep 2020
Chota_Itachi said:
HHAX said:

stfu weeb , get a life

He probably right though…
Apr 29, 2022 5:20 AM

Nov 2021
domata said:
Chota_Itachi said:

stfu weeb , get a life

how's that hypocrite, have u never met a person who likes anime and isn't a weeb?

Apr 29, 2022 5:38 AM
Jun 2021
I hate it when anime forums get toxic for no reason 💀
Apr 29, 2022 5:40 AM
Dec 2021
Chota_Itachi said:
domata said:

how's that hypocrite, have u never met a person who likes anime and isn't a weeb?

you are right about that, but he can also just have as a preference japanese, doesn't mean he is a weeb
Apr 29, 2022 5:59 AM
Nov 2021
HHAX said:

The Nagatoro dub is trash ngl, but it still has some good parts here and there
Apr 29, 2022 5:59 AM
Nov 2021
LIVI_uwu said:
HHAX said:

you dedicated your entire life to Japan. I bet you'll soon start hating you own language and turn into a femboy and greet your parents with "ohayo oka San" while they look at you like as a failure while making a cringe face

Nah bruh this got me laughing 😭😂😂😂
Apr 29, 2022 6:15 AM
Mar 2021
DaLi_96 said:
i usually check on both sub and dubs to see wich one i like more but i have to prefer the sub in this show. The whole senpai thing just doesnt fit in the dub imho.

Honestly the saddest part is that I never really connect the dots about the Senpai thing as being cringe. It’s just normal speech for me but definitely not socially accepted. I think this brings me back to what I posted earlier that I enjoyed the fact that it wasn’t a SimulDub and I can rewatch it but in English. Now do I prefer the Sub. Yeah but i still was laughing my ass off every episode and that’s something dubs always failed to do with me.
Apr 29, 2022 6:19 AM
Mar 2021
ickoriss said:
I didn't care for it. Sumire Uesaka as Nagatoro is the only person I want voicing that character.

Me too but I didn’t turn the dub away.
Apr 29, 2022 6:20 AM
Mar 2021
Kirito_Slayer said:
HHAX said:

The Nagatoro dub is trash ngl, but it still has some good parts here and there

As I said to HHAX, you’re entitled to your opinion, but I can’t take it serious if you don’t elaborate.
Apr 29, 2022 6:53 AM
Jan 2022
V1P3R0P said:
kfsilver89 said:

They just released the first episode
Apr 29, 2022 6:54 AM
Jan 2022
LIVI_uwu said:
HHAX said:

😂😂😂lol it’s a huge possibility
Apr 29, 2022 6:54 AM

Mar 2021
Mastermanipulatr said:
V1P3R0P said:

They just released the first episode

Thanks. I never expected it to happen so soon. Wow!!
Apr 29, 2022 7:54 AM
Aug 2020
domata said:
Chota_Itachi said:

stfu weeb , get a life

shut the fork up weeb
Apr 29, 2022 10:58 AM

Mar 2021
HHAX said:

is not even that bad
Apr 29, 2022 1:17 PM
Feb 2021
ickoriss said:
Chota_Itachi said:

stfu weeb , get a life

You don’t have to be a weeb or otaku to enjoy anime.
Apr 29, 2022 3:21 PM
Dec 2017
I think dubs have improved massively to the point they can attempt these types of shows now with complex relationships. I don't mind the dubs anymore and can watch either. I watch the subs when I want to see great VA and the dub when I'm being lazy.
Apr 29, 2022 4:15 PM

Apr 2021
kfsilver89 said:

I liked the dub too

I was worried because I liked the Japanese voices, but I was happy with the English voice choices
Note: I don’t lazily watch 3-5 episodes, biasedly compare to other anime, or unfairly judge by surface level similarities. With every anime I start, I watch the entire series, both Japanese Sub & English Dub, then judge each anime based on what they present, to give an honest and fair rating.

Apr 29, 2022 5:13 PM

Mar 2011
Rembe said:
ickoriss said:

The Great Lie we all used to believe.
Apr 29, 2022 5:53 PM
Mar 2021
Hungrydavo said:
I think dubs have improved massively to the point they can attempt these types of shows now with complex relationships. I don't mind the dubs anymore and can watch either. I watch the subs when I want to see great VA and the dub when I'm being lazy.
I see. I don’t know if it’s laziness for me. I don’t like SimulDub. I don’t want sub and Dub being aired the same season. If there’s a good anime that I enjoyed and a few months later being dubbed in English Im more inclined to watch the series twice. If it’s being aired in SimulDub then I’ll just watch the sub and forget about ever watching the dub. I personally think shows like Miss Nagataro is perfect to be dubbed over. Ghost Stories, Yu yu Hakusho, DBZ, and others I prefer the dub over sub.
Apr 29, 2022 11:56 PM

Nov 2021
ickoriss said:
Rembe said:

You all* , why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that you're a cring weeb or maybe you don't even know what does weeb means?

Apr 29, 2022 11:58 PM
Aug 2021
Usui's dub was superior than the sub
Apr 30, 2022 5:41 AM

Mar 2011
Chota_Itachi said:
ickoriss said:
You all* , why is it so hard for you to accept the fact that you're a cring weeb or maybe you don't even know what does weeb means?
I hope this is bait lol.
Apr 30, 2022 7:40 AM
Mar 2012
Yuri_Niji said:
With me dubs are a hit or miss.

Anime that don’t really need to be anime, such as AOT, BNHA, Death Parade, Assassination Classroom have really good dubs because they are not necessarily based in Japan or have anime tropes. I have watched all these series in dubs and subs and both of them stand on their own.

However anime like this with the whole “Senpai” thing sounds really cringe when said by a English voice. Just my opinion though.

Also I think Nagatoro JP voice is 100x better than the EN voice.

I agree. I love the AOT and Death Parade dubs. Also Death Note and Monster are some of my other fave dubs.
Apr 30, 2022 7:41 AM
Mar 2012
HHAX said:

You probably didn't even watch it.
Do you even speak Japanese?
The English voicing in this is well done.
May 1, 2022 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
I've watched it dubbed too and yea, I must admit that the dub was good
May 3, 2022 3:21 AM
Feb 2021
ickoriss said:
Rembe said:

Well, that’s why I’m not apart of “we.” XD

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KANLen09 - Jun 26, 2021

274 by DarCas003 »»
Sep 11, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Pre_Yum - May 8, 2021

132 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 1:53 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Pre_Yum - Apr 24, 2021

177 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 22, 12:46 PM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KANLen09 - Jun 12, 2021

138 by akashi_daiki »»
Aug 22, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 17, 2021

217 by Alejandro363 »»
Aug 15, 11:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.