Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2022 1:45 AM

Dec 2009
Disappointing ending, but an intriguing unique story even though there's a lot that I wish was revealed or different...

Without more insight, it's difficult to comprehend and accept the characters overall from the lack of reasoning to their mindset, which I think is a flaw, but it's still an interesting experience as is.

Although, it remains a mystery how the girl oddly accepted her new life, with an odd sense of content, even though she was insecure and reserved, but grew confidence from experience in her job ...even though she barely explored her new male body, nor did she seek or care for romance, without being certain of what sexuality she is.

In contrast, the male who's much older and experienced as a now (2 years later) 40 year old from the now 19 year old girl in who he's living as... he's much more conflicted.
He takes it as a chance to take advantage of this body by turning her into a model, and having fun. Until he meets her and feels somewhat responsible for stealing her life, so he helps him join her company for work...
Later, his excuse is that he's trying his best to be a better version of herself through her body, which she says is "impossible" ... which conflicts him even more, but in reality, he's simply living a better life for himself.
Meanwhile though, he lost the girl he loved, and her mother somehow (seems to never care) never realized or cared that her daughter changed.

The moment she gets mad that he had sex with a boy is understandable- since he's selfishly using her body unwillingly to her wishes.
But it's a little odd how she quickly accepts their situation and doesn't mind it afterwards, while in the end, he still feels guilty and wants to include her in his life with his new accidental baby from her body.

... I think the instance where she was crying as him when she first got into his body, and how his chest hurt when looking at her as him with her mother is a hint to their body reacting to their true feelings, as if they can't candidly in physicality feel emotionally what they truly feel in the body of the other.
That may explain his odd nonchalance of comfortably dating a guy with sex without being homosexual. Which could also explain why she's oddly unemotional to hate that she lost her body as a female and why she isn't interested in relationships.

Which all around is frustrating in how we never see them getting their body back, what happens after, and how weird their attitudes are.
Which makes the story more unique than it already is by being less predictable, but I dislike these characters.

Not that they're bad- maybe the girl because her peaceful attitude bothers me from wanting her to feel more anger or frustration as I'd expect most people to.
And more from a 38 year old man who I would have liked and appreciated that he helped her more.
... It's weird how they barely consoled and supported each other in how to have an easier life as the opposite sex, or try methods to change back. Even weirder how he's more emotional with his own issues of the past and conflict of the present/future, while she's kinda fine about it all which is arguably stupid since it's difficult to believe from an immature 17 year old shy insecure girl like her.
So, it arguably has a lot of flaws, but nonetheless, a very interesting unique story. 6/10.
waalex11Feb 15, 2022 1:52 AM

More topics from this board

» general discussion

Wlad- - Feb 18, 2019

3 by kanibalizm »»
Aug 30, 2023 2:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.