Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Feb 1, 2022 1:10 AM
Jan 2021
I couldn't understand some parts of the show

1.How were everyone along with Simon able to breathe in space?
2.What is the opening scene of episode-1?
3.What exactly happened with the moon?It turned to a giant gunmen but there was another moon?
4.Is the universe of Gurren Lagann part of a multiverse and this means there are lots of other universes?
5.How did Lordgenome get Nia?
Feb 1, 2022 1:44 AM

Feb 2021
To be honest I think the best answer is that it doesn’t make sense most of the time, but it’s also the best part of this show. Gurren Lagann is almost the epitome of what action anime should be - a good story with an imaginative world and outrageous battles that go beyond comprehension.
Feb 1, 2022 2:44 AM
Oct 2021
See, gurren lagann is a show that is cartoonish so not everything needs to make sense. It is an overall enjoyable show. Your 3rd points answer is that they replaced the moon with a gunmen to keep watch on Earths population. Nia has some anti spiral within her, don't mistake it because Nia is lordgenom's daughter.
Feb 1, 2022 4:37 AM

Mar 2011
So in a goofy anime about giant robots that are thousands of light-years tall having a battle that would theoretically take millions of years to play out, you're worried about how they were able to breathe in space?
Feb 1, 2022 4:57 AM
Jan 2021
ickoriss said:
So in a goofy anime about giant robots that are thousands of light-years tall having a battle that would theoretically take millions of years to play out, you're worried about how they were able to breathe in space?
I didn't realise thisđź’€
Feb 1, 2022 7:15 AM
Sep 2021
I didn't quite understand all these things either. I also find the whole show a bit exaggerated and don't understand the high rating. However, I'm not a fan of the mecha genre in general either. (Except for 86)
Feb 1, 2022 3:49 PM

Jun 2021
Ignore facts and logic cause that doesn't exist in a balls to the walls show like this, and that's why I love it.
Feb 1, 2022 6:39 PM
Jul 2010
A real man doesn't need an air
Think about like it another version of what happened
Moon was replaced with a big spaceship. Once spaceship was taken, they take a moon from hided dimension
Yes and no. There is another universe's, but for u and all ppl in TTGL there is only one universe. The one they live in.
Create her like other beastman.
Feb 2, 2022 12:35 AM
Jun 2021
ickoriss said:
Ahahaha fuck! ya just made me exhale liquid
Feb 2, 2022 3:37 AM

Aug 2021
¹1. Leyte says the mechas have an oxygen sistem created by her
2. The writter didnt know the end yet so its not canon.
3. That moon was a fake moon created by the anti spirals the real moon was in another universe at the time.
4. Yes indeed, just like spider man multiverse for example.
5. So her daugthers are created not born so i think the anti spirals somehow put her in there without Lorgenome noticed.
Anyway don't think too much, just enjoy the best anime ever made
Feb 2, 2022 3:53 AM

Feb 2019
Animefan13923 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, there're no points I recall when they're out in actual space without being inside Gunmen. Spiral space, on the other hand, where they're present in the last few episodes of the show, works differently, so oxygen isn't a problem.

It's supposed to be a flash-forward to near the end of the show, though some parts changed between it and the related part of the show, most notably Simon's appearance.

3.What exactly happened with the moon?It turned to a giant gunmen but there was another moon?

The real Moon was shoved outside of the universe and replaced with Cathedral Terra, disguised as the Moon. After awakening it and turning it into the Super Galaxy Gurren, they identified the real Moon and brought it back, likely to deal with the gravity problems that'd occur with it missing.

4.Is the universe of Gurren Lagann part of a multiverse and this means there are lots of other universes?

Yes. Some shorts in the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works explore some of them.

He created her artificially, like his other daughters, with the Anti-Spiral surreptitiously being involved to make her their envoy.
Well I for one already loved Lain.
Feb 2, 2022 7:13 AM
Jan 2021
Thigh_Tide said:
Animefan13923 said:

I'm not sure what you mean by this, there're no points I recall when they're out in actual space without being inside Gunmen. Spiral space, on the other hand, where they're present in the last few episodes of the show, works differently, so oxygen isn't a problem.

It's supposed to be a flash-forward to near the end of the show, though some parts changed between it and the related part of the show, most notably Simon's appearance.

The real Moon was shoved outside of the universe and replaced with Cathedral Terra, disguised as the Moon. After awakening it and turning it into the Super Galaxy Gurren, they identified the real Moon and brought it back, likely to deal with the gravity problems that'd occur with it missing.

Yes. Some shorts in the Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Parallel Works explore some of them.

He created her artificially, like his other daughters, with the Anti-Spiral surreptitiously being involved to make her their envoy.
Thigh_Tide said:
Animefan13923 said:

thanks a lot dude...
Feb 2, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2021
Thigh_Tide said:
Animefan13923 said:

Exactly great explanation!
Feb 2, 2022 9:59 AM

Aug 2021
Thigh_Tide said:
Animefan13923 said:

Exactly great explanation!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1159 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 16, 6:51 AM

Poll: » Gurren Lagann Episode 8 - Never Forget ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

windy - May 20, 2007

516 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

MasterChief - May 10, 2007

184 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 7:46 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

208 by Ba-Cii10 »»
Sep 14, 4:17 AM

» A question for people who have watched Gurren Lagann and loved it. ( 1 2 )

_Reas - Aug 4

93 by ZeroMajor12 »»
Sep 13, 5:27 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.