Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Do you find the dependence of the rest of the members on Kanon annoying?
Sep 27, 2021 10:51 PM
Dec 2019
The only situation almost similar I remember to something like this was on NijiGaku with Yuu, but even there the girls would come up with thoughts of their own at least. Here nobody except Kanon is able to have an idea, or come up with a solution to a problem, just Kanon.

She recruited every member (It didn't happen with the MCs of previous LLs), she solved every problem, all "epiphanies" happened to her. And obviously everyone all the time's saying she's the center and the mastermind of the group, the one who started it, even thought I remember it was Keke who wanted to start an idol group.

It seriously bothers me, and it had led me from thinking this was probably the best LL to thinking that even sunshine was better.
17hunter00Sep 27, 2021 10:54 PM
Sep 28, 2021 12:00 AM

Aug 2011
17hunter00 said:
She recruited every member (It didn't happen with the MCs of previous LLs), she solved every problem, all "epiphanies" happened to her. And obviously everyone all the time's saying she's the center and the mastermind of the group, the one who started it, even thought I remember it was Keke who wanted to start an idol group.

(It didn't happen with the MCs of previous LLs) - So you want writer to make Kanon another Chika or Honoka?.

Keke want to start a group but she want Kanon as a their leader/centre.
Sep 28, 2021 12:16 AM

Apr 2014
First of all, it doesn't need to follow the previous installation of Love Live, they could try something new here. If Kanon will be like Honoka or Chika, people will also complain about this point about the repetitive plot as well. Just looking at the saving school plot, it wasn't told directly in Superstar that the school is needed to be saved by the school idol. Even the headmistress doesn't even talk about or worry about these issues. A lot of people thought that the school need to be saved by the school idol again and start to complain.

Keke wants to start a group from her fondness in school idol, but the one she wants to be the leader is Kanon. Kanon also got more skills than Keke. She's the only one who can actually write the song lyrics from their group. Kanon, she is the leader. She is the center of Liella both behind the scenes and on the stage. That's it.
Literally, Liella is a very well responsibility delegated between each member. Each member in Liella got their own specific role.

Edit: typo
AkeZZZSep 28, 2021 4:55 AM
何それ?意味分かんない
Sep 28, 2021 12:27 AM
Nov 2020
17hunter00 said:

No. Keke is the one who initiate Kanon to join and Keke is the one who choose Kanon as the Center. Kanon-chan is responsible for lyrics it was same for Keke she did write lyrics only Kanon did compose. Chii-chan is responsible for dance, Sumire is responsible for social platform, Ren is also responsible for anything

They did not follow a Honoka-Chika treatment to Kanon as much as I love Honoka. Kanon is truly talented individual all Liella! are talented in their own so I don't see a problem for that
Sep 28, 2021 4:48 AM

Jan 2019
Honoka and Chika are both book dumb genki girls, who pushes the group forward. (At least Chika is much more responsible than Honoka, but it doesn't matter much)

Let us look to Liella! now. We still have again a genki girl who pushes the group forward. It is Keke. She is not clearly book dumb, but sometimes illogical at least. Therefore for the group dynamics Keke fullfills the part of Honoka and Chika more than Kanon. Kanon is more like Umi (Shy, reasonable, can write lyrics), but put into the center position.
Nevertheless, Kanon and Chisato are not easy to compare to prior LL installments.

Furthermore, it is shown that the tasks are not all at Kanon.
Keke pushes the group forward. Furthermore she is the one who knows the world of school idols. She is the real leader of the group.
Kanon writes the text and is the center. If she is the leader, than only because Keke wants it. Kanon works in this point more like the reasonable counterpart of Keke.
Chisato makes the choreography. She seems to be capable of many things beside scool idol stuff.
Ren and Sumire have still to find their niche, but Ren can write melodies at least and Sumire has some feats regarding show business. Therefore we can expect more.
Sep 28, 2021 5:38 AM
May 2021
If you use another love live series as reference for this thread, then love live superstars had fewer member with only 5 member, the usual 9 member with their own role (lyric writer, composer, koreografer, coach, etc.), While liella had 2 koreografer (Ren and Chisato), and 2 of what I said filler character with no certain role (Keke and sumire), so it's make sense for liella to depend on kanon so much as their center, as lyric writer, as a leader, and even the whole brain for liella
Sep 28, 2021 9:49 AM

Sep 2009
She's the main character. that's your answer.
Sep 28, 2021 10:58 AM

Feb 2019
Because she’s the best main girl of the franchise. They went with a different approach.
Sep 28, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2019
This reply is directed to @AkeZZZ @Dimcross @Tigerle and @D-Artagnan , maily because you people don't seem to get what I'm saying and instead translated my words into the following:

For some reason most of you understood that I want Kanon to be like Chika or Honoka, the genki type, and I think that idea comes from @CrazyFrogz reply, or that I'm saying Kanon fulfills every role in the group (composer, choreographer, costume designer, etc), but I didn't say that.

She's the lyrics writer of the group and is not the genki type, if you read what I first wrote again, you'll see I didn't say anything about those topics. What I said was:

*Every decision is on Kanon (the rest of the members always say: "Oh, it should be Kanon who decides, you know... just because!")
*Her opinion is always the most valuable and ultimately the wisest and obviously correct.
*Every adversity is sorted up by her, be it with a motivational phrase or an epiphany, examples:
¬She comes up with the name of the group, for some reason everybody would just propose nonsense for it.
¬When the student council president election was upcoming, she was the obvious first choice of the other girls (and you see how that turned out, she froze in front of the students and couldn't say a word)
¬She found the archives of the previous idols of the school after hearing what Ren herself said (after having an epiphany after it). So, Ren wouldn't hear herself and realize it was silly obvious they would be hiden in a room that even had a sing with the words "idol room" or something, I don't remember anymore
¬She recruited every member, showing them the light of why joining the school idol group was their life goal. (Except por Keke, who recruited her).

There should be more but I don't remeber right now. That's what I said, not that I wanted her to be like Honoka or Chika or that she fulfilled every role in the group.
Keke is probably my fav girl on the show, but if you do a little memory work for sure will recall her saying in every episode: "let it to Kanon, after all she is Kanon", or similar.
Sep 28, 2021 1:13 PM

Feb 2019
Because she’s the best main girl of the franchise. They went with a different approach.
Sep 28, 2021 1:58 PM
May 2011
I voted yes, and it's unfortunate because it doesn't have to be this way. As others have said, the other girls have talent, but you don't really see it. Chisato is the only other one to get the spotlight, and even that has been shoved to the background. Now, the other girls seem to only serve as comic relief to Kanon, as she "reluctantly" steps up and solves all the problems.
Sep 28, 2021 7:11 PM

Jan 2019
I am sorry, I was misleaded by answers before and interpreted parts of your question wrongly. But this doesn't change my opinion.
Nevertheless I understand your opinion better now and yes, you are not completely wrong with your concern.
There is too much focus on Kanon.

But again: Liella! is not an one girl show of Kanon. In fact, there wouldn't be Liella! without Keke. Without Keke, Liella! wouldn't been founded in the first place and withou Keke, we wouldn't have any kind of progress. It is Keke who made every first step.
I think, Kanon ist not he mastermind, but the most empathic person of the group. All problems solved by Kanon are solved by understanding thoughts and feeling of others persons. Futthermore you needs much empathy to write songtexts. With this idea, it is quite plausible, that she solves most types of shown problems.
But I hope, that Chisato or Ren will have more important parts regarding resonable decisions as they are surely capable of.
Sep 28, 2021 9:24 PM
Nov 2020
I agree with your opinio but, it doesn't change me opinion as well.

Remember Keke is the mastermind of recruiting Kanon. Kanon is initiate to recruit Sumire because of Sumire knowing the "show business" and Keke is the one who recruit Chii-chan but Kanon insisted t because she was on Music Class before. Kanon is recruiting Ren as well.

When it comes to lyrics. Yeah. Kanon is the Center of Liella she just responsible of doing that but then, Keke is the foremost the Leader because she is very well known about in Love Live while Chii-chan is responsible of Dancing and Choreo, Sumire's purpose is on the social platform, and Ren responsible for Piano or did compose like Kanon
Sep 29, 2021 5:18 PM

Oct 2007
Oct 1, 2021 1:16 PM

Oct 2014
Shibuya Kanon is the first love live MC who can be your best girl. Though my favorite is Keke, I wont be surprise if Kanon is the best gril in this series.

Chika, Honoka and Ayumu arent the fan favorites in their respective idol team. Kanon is on a different level.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Oct 17, 2021

72 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 12, 2023 10:23 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 8 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Sep 19, 2021

34 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 8, 2023 6:56 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 4 Discussion

AkeZZZ - Aug 15, 2021

47 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 3, 2023 10:35 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 18, 2021

54 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 2, 2023 9:52 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Superstar!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

AkeZZZ - Jul 11, 2021

114 by Zekkenshin »»
Dec 1, 2023 9:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.