Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 23, 2021 5:50 AM

Nov 2017
GeanWolf2000 said:
Maid Dragon > hater.

If source material content were all that is needed for an anime adaptation, Noragami and many others would have an animated sequel. Not saying DM flopped though, just saying numbers ($) are important.

And how can I be a hater if I just said I hope they do more of Dragon Maid? I love every show KyoAni does. Been waiting 4 years for this. You're really fast at giving others bad adjectives. Whatever, if that makes you sleep better at night.
Sep 23, 2021 6:46 AM
Sep 2020
GeanWolf2000 said:
Incranium said:

The problem is that the manga does not have enough content for a 3rd season (maybe I'm wrong) but a movie is not far off. Considering the current state of the studio and the fact that they don't have anything planned for the future, expect a movie announcement by 2023 ( they take a long time to make anime for the benefit of their animators)
of course there is, there are 5 more volumes left and it's in an arc involving Elma and Tooru.

I guess we will have enough content by then. Considering season 2 is more popular than season 1 this time, we might get an announcement fairly quickly.
Sep 23, 2021 6:56 AM
Oct 2020
bhaktivinoda said:
If you actually care about a season 3, purchase the bluray, good sales is what makes new seasons.
unfortunately I can't, I'm just a 21 year old brazilian boy who is still looking for his first job but we have crunchyroll here. The bad thing is that Blu ray anime is rare here in the country too, but if I could I would buy it, obviously. although I say that manga sales may be higher for a new season.
Sep 23, 2021 9:53 AM
Mar 2020
Lets just hope there is a sequel to this anime, AND PLS DONT BE ANOTHER NO GAME NO LIFE
Sep 23, 2021 11:38 AM
May 2011
Enjoyed S2, and if we get more, I won't complain, but I'm pretty satisfied with this being the end of the anime
Sep 24, 2021 6:44 AM
Oct 2020
Kennguin said:
High possibility there will be a third season, series’s is incredibly popular. Isn’t any announcements for season 3 yet kinda sad
probaly in 2023 by Kyoani.
Sep 24, 2021 8:24 AM
Oct 2016
Not sure how these things work but could the sales of the new shoot ‘em up game help with producing the next season/movie? Would that change anything?

But anyway, I really hope for a new season as well. Definitely one of my favourite shows.
Sep 24, 2021 8:44 AM
Jul 2016
Hopefully............... :)
Sep 24, 2021 12:28 PM

Dec 2015
MatheusPereira said:
Loli-Knight said:

Don't want to be that guy, but if you're going to talk about understanding how the industry works then you'd know that additional anime seasons relying purely on disc sales has been a myth for several years now and has been moving away from that more and more. Disc sales are only the be-all-end-all for very particular series, with the majority of the revenue for shows these days coming from streaming (licensing or a company's own service depending on the series in question), merchandise sales, and popularity of an adaptation's source material (when applicable). All of which Dragon Maid has at its disposal. Its merchandise always sells (stupidly well depending on the variety), the manga's popularity is no slouch and always stable, and like everything else Kyoani has done licensing gives them smooth sailing.

Obviously nothing is set in stone since we've seen the industry refuse to do things that'd make them guaranteed easy money time and time again, but usually a popular franchise with a stable source material, reliable merchandise sales, and easy licensing will get adapted appropriately.

I didn't wanna sound "know-it-all", but you say some things you don't wanna say when you get called "dishonest" publicly, so sorry.

I used Blu-Ray as a metric because the author (or whoever wrote this article) said they needed was 5,000 for a S2, but had an average of 3,600, in which China came to rescue. And looking at the amount of extra content, it's easy to tell KyoAni aims a lot on BD sales. The question is: since it had 3,300 for the BD/DVD (first week only and KyoAni shop not included, it can be higher) is Dragon Maid S2 streaming views enough?
https://twitter.com/AnimePraises/status/1418177853678448642

With this "The End" at the end of S2, which wasn't there on S1, I highly doubt they'll do more, besides the OVA coming on the last Blu-Ray volume, but I hope they do at least a movie to close everything.

like other comments have told you before, you're ignoring foreign income. also, you yourself stated you don't know the income from streaming. disk sales, once more you were told this, are NO LONGER the 'baseline benchmark' for anime getting continued.

here's a perfect example, in TVTokyo's corporate revenue reports for THREE YEARS after Bleach's TV seasons were canceled, it was one of their TOP FIVE earners... the 1st year it was still in the top3, the 2nd year it was 4th, and the 3rd year it dropped to 5th. but for the next four years Bleach was still in TVTokyo's top 10 earning franchises. this INCLUDED their earnings from foreign licences for disks, dubs, and streaming etc.

before 2000 the entire Japanese otaku industries' income from foreign sources was below 30% of all their monies coming in... after 2000 this income has climbed slowly to over 40% of the TOTAL industries' sales. these numbers included manga, anime, streaming, foreign dubs, translations, disks, merchandise moved/shipped overseas etc.

the 'otaku culture' in Japan is NO LONGER ENTIRELY DEPENDENT on domestic income.
just an ol school otaku enjoyin the life. don't sass me kiddies, i've been otaku probably since before you were born. leave me in peace and i won't bother you either.
Sep 24, 2021 5:54 PM

Mar 2012
Didn't like this season, so I hope not.
Sep 25, 2021 12:51 AM
Sep 2021
I love Miss Kobayashi's maid dragon for now and forevermore
Sep 25, 2021 2:42 PM

Aug 2017
I mean it's almost guaranteed, this is the second-highest anime in the season.

My biggest regret: Reading all 200+ chapters of Kanojo, Okarishimasu
Sep 26, 2021 2:28 AM
Jul 2020
at the end of the last episode, it says "end", which in most cases of animes I've watched is not a good sign for next season.
Sep 26, 2021 5:24 AM
Oct 2020
SparkleDuck said:
Didn't like this season, so I hope not.
that's your problem lol. s2> s1 in many ways, if you don't like it, then your requirements for a slice of life are pretty big.
Sep 26, 2021 5:26 AM
Oct 2020
UltimatDespair said:
Not sure how these things work but could the sales of the new shoot ‘em up game help with producing the next season/movie? Would that change anything?

But anyway, I really hope for a new season as well. Definitely one of my favourite shows.
Maid dragon Will you win a game?
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» New sequel officially announced!!!

Dbagas8 - Sep 21

15 by Piromysl »»
Yesterday, 11:12 AM

» Sequel(?)

V1P3R0P - Sep 6

30 by V1P3R0P »»
Sep 21, 7:28 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2021

280 by PunkNMetalhead »»
Sep 7, 12:25 AM

» Any Idea on season 3?

sunprincess01 - May 24, 2023

7 by AdriTm »»
Aug 22, 4:49 PM

Poll: » Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2021

226 by XB0X »»
Jul 21, 4:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.