Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 2, 2021 1:18 PM
Nov 2020
Why does the score in Shokugeki no Souma drop every season?
Sep 2, 2021 1:26 PM
Dec 2020
Well,season 5 was probably the weakest season but the other 4 seasons were fire . the 3rd and the 4th are my personal fav from this series
Sep 2, 2021 1:31 PM
Mar 2021
ayavei said:

Si te digo la verdad no estoy seguro pero si es verdad que sí te ves todo de golpe te puede llegar a cansar un poco y verlo todo de golpe puede llegar a ser aburrido, a mi si te digo la verdad no me gustó que el guión ayudará a Erina me hubiese gustado que yukihira soma le abriera los ojos pero esque Erina solo sabe ganar y ganar me hubiese gustado el final de shokugeki con una victoria de soma pero eso lo que hace es la posibilidad de que haya otra temporada.
Aparte de las cosas innecesarias que dije la verdad es que tampoco estoy de acuerdo ya que la última temporada me pareció muy buena
Sep 2, 2021 1:35 PM
Mar 2021
IbrahimQ said:
Well,season 5 was probably the weakest season but the other 4 seasons were fire . the 3rd and the 4th are my personal fav from this series

A mí sí me gustó bastante la 5 ya que hay es donde soma crece como cocinero muchísimo aparte se conoce un poco más de su madre y padre, si es verdad que se me hizo corta pero hay bastantes cosillas y si, te doy la razón comparada con otras solo hay el blue pero sin tener en cuenta las otras, la 5 no es mala para nada
Sep 2, 2021 2:33 PM

Oct 2020
maybe bc previous seasons were less predictable. s4 is my personal fav though.

Sep 2, 2021 2:39 PM
May 2020
I mean 5 was crap but season 4 was one of my favourite seasons from all of anime and I felt it kept getting better. Not sure why tbh.
Sep 2, 2021 2:39 PM
Jun 2021
the whole first 2 seasons from what I can remember was really good character development and had actual story, season 3 I think after 50 episodes? not sure, the story dies down just a bit and the food orgasm were getting old, season 4-5 from what I remember, NOT 100% sure but it was just cooking battles after cooking battle which was really predictable and easy to know who will win and lose, they also threw all side characters away. it was EXTREMELY weak imo
Sep 2, 2021 2:44 PM
May 2021
Honestly food wars is in my top 6 of anime I like it so much but s4 in my opinion was the ending. S5 everything was messed up the could better make a ova or a movie but no we get a boring antagonist I swear he was not interesting. And the storytelling was terrible this is the worst season in food wars
Sep 2, 2021 3:10 PM
Feb 2021
That’s a good question. Personally I think the third season is equally as good as the first one. And the fifth season is better then the fourth, which is honestly very mediocre.
Sep 2, 2021 3:43 PM
Feb 2021
The novelty slowly wears off.
Sep 2, 2021 3:58 PM
Mar 2021
Well Idk. All I know is that season 5 and totsuki train r the worst seasons. Season 5 especially, the ending was rushed and felt way too cliché - the selling point for the show had become stale and rinsed to the point that you could predict who was going to win even before a plate was put down. Icl i haven't felt that unsatisfied with an anime ending since SAO 2
Sep 2, 2021 4:17 PM
Dec 2020
I almost dropped the whole show bcs of that Erina girl only stayed for MC
Sep 2, 2021 6:31 PM
Apr 2021
ayavei said:
between s.1 and s.3 it doesn't drop that much, but the quality of the show and the story in general went downhill after the second cour of the third season sadly, the person that was in charge of the gastronomics facts behind shokugeki no souma left the project (I don't remember why) and things like that was what made shokugeki no souma so enjoyable, after they practically leave the academy for those two tournaments wasn't a good thing either, leaving a lot of characters off action imo was the worst part, changing the protagonist from soma to erina was a horrible decision, the animation of the last season was just dog shit compared to the other seasons, for me, those are the things that killed shokugeki no souma
Sep 2, 2021 9:32 PM
Jun 2021
seba_kings said:
ayavei said:
between s.1 and s.3 it doesn't drop that much, but the quality of the show and the story in general went downhill after the second cour of the third season sadly, the person that was in charge of the gastronomics facts behind shokugeki no souma left the project (I don't remember why) and things like that was what made shokugeki no souma so enjoyable, after they practically leave the academy for those two tournaments wasn't a good thing either, leaving a lot of characters off action imo was the worst part, changing the protagonist from soma to erina was a horrible decision, the animation of the last season was just dog shit compared to the other seasons, for me, those are the things that killed shokugeki no souma

This is basically all my thoughts in a single post like holy heck even I couldn't describe it this good
Sep 3, 2021 2:14 AM
Apr 2021
The score drop because of fan service but people should understand that the scenes aur the taste the dish has is so nice because of which the 'ecchi' part is present which helps you to hook on it. I personally liked the whole show the only problem was the ending but if you want an clear explanation then just read the ending chapters it will give you a better ending.
Sep 3, 2021 8:56 AM
Jan 2021
I personally loved all the seasons until season 4. I didn't really like season 5 tho. Some things this season were really out of place and predictable. But I liked the endig because we could see all the side characters again even if it was only for a few seconds.
Nov 27, 2021 9:22 AM

Oct 2021
My Thoughts...
Just like what I've read from random feedbacks re: this season. They were absolutely right. This season was a rushed product. It felt like the producers just forcedly fit everything in 13 eps and not having anymore the goal behind to entice the viewers but rather just for the sake of ending it. I wouldn't say it ended so bad nor label this one as a trash. I enjoyed it FR. I was hoping that the ending is about Erina finally lowered her guard down to make herself say "It's delicious!".

I believe that's what everyone is after as well. If Soma didn't win, Erina could've just told him "It's delicious!" so it'll be a win-win. Or Soma wins then Erina continues to provoke him and say "It's disgusting" even if it means otherwise.

For the ones who're disappointed because there's no romance. This is pure shounen. We may have noticed a possibility for SomaxErina but looking at the entire series, it's purely focused on a career/family-oriented young boy striving hard to reach his goal. I'd say I'll take on the author's side where him as well thought of don't-know-where-to-put-that-romance-but-I-like-the-rising-tension-between-SomaxErina-as-well idea. Hehe

Oth, I love Takumi Aldini, Isshiki Satoshi, young Joichiro Saiba haha

BELIEVE you deserve it and the universe will serve it.
Jul 18, 2023 1:19 PM
Oct 2019
i know the OP is 2 years old by now, but the answer is: because each season gets worse

this season is booty; i couldn't even finish it. and it was impossible NOT to notice the decline in season 4

overall, i think it started to come off the rails earlier than that, when erina's dad tried his coup to take over the school. but the early seasons were so good that its momentum kept carrying this derailed train for a little while longer, even though we were sliding along the ground on our side, slowly being torn apart

i enjoy food wars for what it was. and in my mind i basically ignore the final 2 seasons. season 4 wasn't memorable and i barely even watched season 4, so it's not like it's been hard for me to forget them :D
Aug 6, 2023 7:24 AM

Jan 2023
I started losing interest starting the 2nd or 3rd season, the story felt dragged out for no good reason imo. The food, the introduction of the characters, and the battles were all fun at first. But then they started introducing new characters and new conflicts after each arc. With a hecka lot of new characters introduced, it made a whole lot of them feel unrelatable and just bad. And at times, the new conflict introduced felt out of place or even downright stupid (I'm looking at you final season).

Shokugeki also fell into a pattern of introducing new characters, making them fight, and then resolving whatever conflict they had. And then in the next arc, it repeats. Introducing new characters, making them fight, and then resolving whatever conflict they had. Personally, I couldn't stand it. And so I don't find it strange how the score gets lower each season. And this season having one of the biggest score drops. Heck I think a score of 7 might be too generous for this season.

I haven't seen the anime for the final season but I've seen the manga spoilers. Damn...
Oct 8, 2023 2:33 AM

Jul 2007
I've still to finish last season and watch this one, but it just ended up being more of the same and got less interesting as the series went on.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2020

234 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 8:25 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2020

83 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:47 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2020

73 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2020

75 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma: Gou no Sara Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2020

80 by The_Black_B3ast »»
May 30, 7:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.