Forum Settings
Forums
Blue Period
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 15, 2021 5:23 PM

Apr 2018
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
4 chapters in a week.. sugoi, the mangaka is doing some god work.

Well, It's finally time to criticize the First Year Oil Painting Department's Year-End Project. Yataro looked really nervous and worried on the first page.

The old guy with longass eyebrows is an interesting fellow. Man, those teachers are scary as hell. They never care how you feel and give you a honest opinion on your art. I mean, that's the whole point but sometimes they go too far (Eg. nekoyashi sensei)..

Aizawa's work was pretty interesting. Some people made out door stuff and some used themselves to express their art. Geida is full of wonderful artists.

It's finally time for Yataro's art! And damn.. that was just insanely beautiful. A paiting of his friends at the bar. We saw how much he struggled the past year with art. And the painting perfectly shows his struggles.

Even Ono praised Yataro's work. That was unexpected but a massive win for him. Her stare was just beautiful.

And as last.. Yotasuke's end-project. Of course, Nekoyashiki-sensei found it boring because Yotasuke made it for HIMSELF and not for other people. She's trying to rule over him. Just because she worked hard to become like that doesn't mean everyone has to be like her.

The blonde guy is also weird but interesting. Hopefully, we'll learn more about them. First year ended and it's time to go to the Second year. But before that, Yataro needs to make some money real quick lol.

And I'm so glad to see Saeki-sensei again. Without her, Yataro wouldn't be Yataro.

“You yourself have to change first, or nothing will change for you!”
'
Aug 16, 2021 7:56 PM

Nov 2018
and the anxiety arc ends:"D it was quite a rollercoaster. really hit the nails about art perception nowadays are too audience-focused meanwhile the self-expressive ones rarely attract the public.. which nekoyashiki-sensei attitude seems cruel but she has a point, artists barely have a choice if they want to 'sell' and be something in these days & age.. anyway, can't wait to see those paintings adapted with colors :''

but damn, i really want to see yakumo's project.
also, teaching arc is coming!
Aug 28, 2021 11:30 PM

Oct 2017
The first critique was harsh af lol.

Yatora's painting received some praise and I'm happy it did. Even Ono Komatsu praised it and she was pretty cute doing it. Also Yotasuke was quite brutal there.
Aug 30, 2021 12:46 PM

Jan 2019
Nekoyashiki can fuck off.

I'm happy that Yotasuke finally is friends with both Yatora and Okamoto, or at least starting to. Also happy that Yotasuke got the shirt back, it was perfect for him. I hope we get more of best boy Okamoto.
Nov 5, 2021 6:36 AM

Oct 2016
Holy shit, I feel so bad for the Miyashita, the first one that got critiqued. I had to pause for a bit because of how savage that old man with glasses was lmao.

Yatora's critique was really nice, it went fairly well, he got something good out of it. He was too afraid before, glad he can face himself head on now. Ono Konatsu is absolutely adorable and beautiful though, I wanna see more of her.

The moment I saw Nekoyashiki was critiquing Yotasuke, I was already sweating balls lmao. Nekoyashiki is truly an interesting character. The way Yotasuke does things is definitely a sore spot for her, because it invalidates the way she does things, which makes for an interesting dynamic. Though I don't like her approach with Yotasuke, I like her character, so I look forward to how Yotasuke and Nekoyashiki's student teacher relationship develops.

Now that they're almost second years, I hope we see Kuwana again, I miss her. I hope she passes this time. And Saeki-sensei is back!
Feb 6, 2023 7:22 AM
Aug 2020
So intense. Harsh comments are all over the place.
Aug 14, 2023 2:18 AM

Apr 2020
Okonomatsu's critique was delightful

Nekoyashiki-sensei on the other hand... haha what a lunatic

I'm a bit unhappy that we didn't get to see Murai's work. I was looking forward to it as well
May 3, 2:04 AM

Aug 2019
Incredible job from everybody but our boy is broke now lol
May 15, 6:22 PM
Dec 2019
Pretty sure we'll get a reason eventually on why Nekoyashiki thinks like that about art, I'm pretty sure she's pressured too about the fact that she's the only female teacher in the Geidai and how the male teachers treat her, making her feel that she always needs to stand out else she'll be left out. However, all of her harsh egoistic criticism on Yotasuke's art made him grow, it was necessary for it, so it's fine. What a great closure for the 1st year arc really.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 67 Discussion

PentaDace - May 24

6 by DarkHumor04 »»
Jun 4, 3:54 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 65 Discussion

MegamiRem - Nov 27, 2023

5 by killerqueen2000 »»
May 24, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 33 Discussion

MegamiRem - Mar 11, 2021

9 by Chisuku »»
May 24, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 40 Discussion

SideCharacterKal - Aug 12, 2021

11 by 17hunter00 »»
May 15, 5:34 PM

Poll: » Blue Period Chapter 66 Discussion

PentaDace - Nov 28, 2023

6 by Sun_Chan »»
May 3, 4:17 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.