Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 17, 2021 7:40 PM

Mar 2019
This anime could be better overall. But, i can't stand some of the characters. They're just weird and annoying af. There are plenty of reasons for that.

First is Kyou, i don't know what her problem is but she's the most annoying of all. Why?

One : Punch and kick the mc for no reason at all. Even if it's for a boke-tsukkomi joke i hate it. "But that's only because she's a tsundere!" No. That's nonesense and i don't care one bit about that. It's not funny and overused.

Two : Forces the mc to be in relationship with her sister. Uhhhh why would she do that? Excuse me, the only interaction her sister ever had with the mc is fortune telling. And that's it, nothing more. What part of their interaction indicates any kind of romantic relationship? The mc doesn't see her as a romantic interest and she shouldn't force it either. This could've been great if they had more interactions. Probably in the vn there are more but idk since i never played it. Or perhaps it'd be explained on the after story? Idk but so far, it's sooooo annoying that i have to put the anime on hold.

Three : Crashing her motorcycle onto the mc? I get that she just learnt how to ride it but shouldn't she be more careful? And she does realize that motorcycle has brakes right? She doesn't even try to pull the brake or lean her bike away from the mc. No one is that stupid or bad irl. Even with anime standards it's still ridiculous. It's hard for me to believe that she somehow got a driver license when she doesn't even know how to brake. What's the purpose of making her character like this? Am i supposed to think that she's cute because she almost killed the mc by accident? Wow, the world must be upside down now. Motorcycle crash is a cute thing and you should do it!

This anime is 999999999 times better without her.

You know, i could've given this anime a 10/10 if they removed her. But that'd be too kind, i can only give it a 5/10 thanks to her.

Fuuko :

There are more but i think i don't have to explain everything. You get the point. This anime is good but there are flaws that i can't ignore. So i have to ask one thing :

Does this get better past episode 18? Or maybe in the after story. Because the whole ryou x okazaki thing is very unnecessary. I can't bear it, it's so out of place. Why can't they just let nagisa and okazaki be in peace. They're the most perfect couple on earth and nobody should interfere.

Jul 17, 2021 7:50 PM
Feb 2021
Tsundure
(15 characters)
Jul 17, 2021 7:55 PM

Aug 2018
Tomoyo is the worst girl. Literally Kirito but female.
Jul 17, 2021 8:29 PM
May 2021
Jakkun said:
This anime could be better overall. But, i can't stand some of the characters. They're just weird and annoying af. There are plenty of reasons for that.

First is Kyou, i don't know what her problem is but she's the most annoying of all. Why?

One : Punch and kick the mc for no reason at all. Even if it's for a boke-tsukkomi joke i hate it. "But that's only because she's a tsundere!" No. That's nonesense and i don't care one bit about that. It's not funny and overused.

Two : Forces the mc to be in relationship with her sister. Uhhhh why would she do that? Excuse me, the only interaction her sister ever had with the mc is fortune telling. And that's it, nothing more. What part of their interaction indicates any kind of romantic relationship? The mc doesn't see her as a romantic interest and she shouldn't force it either. This could've been great if they had more interactions. Probably in the vn there are more but idk since i never played it. Or perhaps it'd be explained on the after story? Idk but so far, it's sooooo annoying that i have to put the anime on hold.

Three : Crashing her motorcycle onto the mc? I get that she just learnt how to ride it but shouldn't she be more careful? And she does realize that motorcycle has brakes right? She doesn't even try to pull the brake or lean her bike away from the mc. No one is that stupid or bad irl. Even with anime standards it's still ridiculous. It's hard for me to believe that she somehow got a driver license when she doesn't even know how to brake. What's the purpose of making her character like this? Am i supposed to think that she's cute because she almost killed the mc by accident? Wow, the world must be upside down now. Motorcycle crash is a cute thing and you should do it!

You know, i could've given this anime a 10/10 if they removed her. But that'd be too kind, i can only give it a 5/10 thanks to her.

Fuuko :

There are more but i think i don't have to explain everything. You get the point. This anime is good but there are flaws that i can't ignore. So i have to ask one thing :

Does this get better past episode 18? Or maybe in the after story. Because the whole ryou x okazaki thing is very unnecessary. I can't bear it, it's so out of place. Why can't they just let nagisa and okazaki be in peace. They're the most perfect couple on earth and nobody should interfere.

lol you are literally right before getting everything you just asked for, def finish the series
Jul 17, 2021 8:32 PM

Jul 2019
Well, watch After Story. Everything u hate will be gone.

I don't blame u. It's anime and, it seems u can't tolerate it. Anyhow, Kyou's the best girl in Clannad and people just don't understand her.

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 17, 2021 10:02 PM
Feb 2021
1. “ Punch and kick the mc for no reason at all "

Well, this is a comedy after all.

2. "Forces the mc to be in relationship with her sister"

Her sister had a crush on Tomoya. Therefore, she was trying to help her out.

3. "Crashing her motorcycle onto the mc?"

Once again, this is a comedy. It's meant to be funny. In fact, I actually found this funny myself.

4. "And she does realize that motorcycle has brakes right? She doesn't even try to pull the brake or lean her bike away from the mc. No one is that stupid or bad irl. Even with anime standards it's still ridiculous."

Again, it's a comedy.....
Jul 17, 2021 10:12 PM
Sep 2019
Bruh lmaooooooooo
Jul 18, 2021 1:08 AM
Oct 2020
I don't remember much about the clannad but in after story am sure that it gets better and no one interferes the nagizaki ship from sailing
Jakkun said:

Fuuko :

I don't really like tsundere or rather violent girl but I kinda liked her at that time and foound their interactions funny but now I think I will get a little annoyed but still she ain't like those ones that just hit the MC. whenever they r embarassed or angry or just in the mood...like chitoge
And her sis clearly liked tomoya so I don't think helping her was bad or annoying as a caring sis
U might like her after her alternate ending
And yup tomoyo is the best girl >.<
Blah blah blah blah .... So annoying. Are you bastards in heat or something?
- Sakata gintoki
Jul 18, 2021 1:54 AM
Mar 2021
Kyou best girl it's just facts
Jul 18, 2021 2:01 AM
Jan 2021
epidemia78 said:

Forgive him God, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Tomoyo is the best girl, and the only thing that made this anime the least bit enjoyable for me, and also the only background that made me cry in all Clannad, what is a shame, because i watched this anime with high expectations to cry. The worst girl is Nagisa, a very boring character.
Jul 18, 2021 2:05 AM
Mar 2021
Clannad is ok i had a hard time watching it too i remember even dropping it cuz honestly i wasn’t used to these eyes design idk why i just did not like it and there were some other reasons too but after that i sat down and gave it another shot it after i had finished it i watched clannad after story,And oh boy it is in my opinion the best romance anime you will ever watch im so happy that i got the chance to see such a masterpiece! so just have some patience and give it another chance and im 101% sure that you will like it
Jul 18, 2021 2:24 AM

Feb 2020
Yes, Kyou becomes less important in After Story.

epidemia78 said:

This made me laugh too much lol
Jul 18, 2021 3:17 AM

Oct 2018
Bruhhh wtf are you talking about? Do you ever heard of "tsundere"?

“Once you've been loved once and have loved once, you cannot forget it.”
― Natsume Takashi
Jul 18, 2021 3:55 AM
Feb 2021
I quite like kyou. She's best girl. And It is such a bother people don't understand her.
Jul 18, 2021 3:55 AM
Feb 2021
I quite like kyou. She's best girl. And It is such a bother people don't understand her.
Jul 18, 2021 4:06 AM

May 2021
She wasn't even there that much to ruin the show but ig I can understand you.

LordSozin said:

I don't blame u. It's anime and, it seems u can't tolerate it. Anyhow, Kyou's the best girl in Clannad and people just don't understand her.

I thought you hated tsundere's, but seems like yukino and this girl are an exception.
What don't ppl understand about her tho, she's just a stereotypical tsundere.
Jul 18, 2021 5:22 AM

Jul 2019
MuZe- said:
She wasn't even there that much to ruin the show but ig I can understand you.

LordSozin said:

I thought you hated tsundere's, but seems like yukino and this girl are an exception.
What don't ppl understand about her tho, she's just a stereotypical tsundere.

Well, for one thing, I like that Kyou puts everyone else's concern before her's. She demonstrated this with her sister and Nagisa a lot of times. She keeps her feelings to herself for the sake of others, endured it, and moved on.

That's the best girl for me.
LordSozinJul 18, 2021 5:25 AM

-[ ~♫~ ll Credit ]-
Jul 18, 2021 6:59 AM
Jan 2021
I mean Clannad is honestly pretty mid. I agree that Kyou is quite annoying but it didn't really affect my overall enjoyment. I gave it a 6 or 7 score because there were some snoozer episodes and this anime's purpose is to hype up the sequel.
Jul 18, 2021 9:13 AM

Oct 2013
dunno, Tomoyo and Nagisa were so good I didn't even notice Kyou
Jul 18, 2021 3:21 PM
Mar 2021
Jakkun said:

Fuuko :

Yes I agree that kyou is annoying but tbh I preferred Ryou over her , and yes I guess there are more interactions in the VN but not as many as you think , so don't get your hopes high
For Fuko , she is in after story , so just watch
You gotta complete watching , and remember this is a VN so in the original Clannad they try to mix alot of things up making nagisa a supporting character on some routes but the last few episodes represent nagisa's route so yeah it deserves to compete watching and I didn't really like tomoyo but she has her own VN called tomoyo after it's a wonderful life.
Jul 18, 2021 10:21 PM
Jul 2019
Where’s the love for my girl Kotomi?
Jul 19, 2021 8:05 AM
Jun 2021
Mr_Giraffa said:
epidemia78 said:

Forgive him God, he doesn't know what he's talking about. Tomoyo is the best girl, and the only thing that made this anime the least bit enjoyable for me, and also the only background that made me cry in all Clannad, what is a shame, because i watched this anime with high expectations to cry. The worst girl is Nagisa, a very boring character.
(only reason I like nagisa is because she's voiced by Mai Nakahara)
Jul 21, 2021 9:17 AM
Mar 2021
Who cares it was soo gud u know
Jul 21, 2021 9:18 AM
Mar 2021
Who cares it was soo gud , if u watched this anime properly (after 7th ep ) u will enjoy it
Dec 26, 2021 8:05 AM

Mar 2020
If you don't like her just ignore her character as a whole, it doesn't make a difference. She's pretty more likable on the 2nd season though.

"I wonder if anything will ever change? Will that day ever come?"
- Okazaki, Tomoya
"Nothing can stay unchanged. Fun things… Happy things…
They can’t possibly remain the same."
- Furukawa, Nagisa

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

274 by Pjwned »»
Jun 4, 10:28 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

351 by anniemanga »»
May 23, 9:13 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

447 by Extremo888 »»
May 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.