Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2021 11:29 AM

Nov 2016
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Conan solved the "case" for delusional fanboy cop just based on observation of others.

Next week were back to canon.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jun 26, 2021 11:53 AM

Sep 2018
This was kind of different than usual. It was a pretty weird case which Conan had to solve at the moment of hearing about it. I can't wait to see what's up with Rumi next episode though.
Jun 26, 2021 1:37 PM

Sep 2015
Like most of detective Conan recent cases (including canon episodes), I liked the first half of the episode but did not like how they handled the second half. The case introduction was amazing, to say the least, and I did not expect the whole thing to take such a cheerful turn at the end.
Rumi sensei is back next episode! Long time!
Jun 26, 2021 4:39 PM

Jul 2016
The first half of the episode had an amazing aesthetic, the filter, rain and blue clothes of the characters went well with the bleak tone.

And when it showed Ran's skirt in her room, I thought in a decade of episodes there would finally be some fanservice of ran, but it didn't happen.

And next episode seems awesome, although how many episodes have been about four leaf clovers.
Jun 27, 2021 2:57 AM

Sep 2018
This episode was so overdramatic and stupid. I loved it.
Jun 27, 2021 12:14 PM
Dec 2020
I loved this episode because it felt so different from normal filler episodes.
Can't wait for next week!
Jun 27, 2021 6:24 PM

Jan 2008
I don't know why, but I lost my shit when they sped up the dine-and-dash sprint after the slow-mo at the beginning, lol.

It's kind of a breath of fresh air to have a non-murder-of-the-week episode where the worst of the "case" was just a petty crime of dining-and-dashing that was just a misunderstanding in the end.

Overall, I quite enjoyed this episode where it had it's funny moments. That officer was kind of cringy though.

Looks like we're back to the main story next time.
Jul 3, 2021 1:47 AM

Oct 2015
This might be one of the rare instances, in this show, where I think the 'parody-approach' kind of succeeded in winning me over. I am still of the opinion that a 'comedy takeoff' of a detective story should still feature a compelling narrative. Not as compelling as some of the classics obviously, but the readership / viewership of the aforementioned pastiche should at least be content with the proposed solution to the problem.
We all know that this is absolutely not the case with this week's filler episode: the whole situation was completely nonsensical from the start: a series of 'dine and dashes' that ends up being a screen acting training course for a wannabe idol who fails to do anything besides smiling? Get the hell out of here, this is in no way an acceptable conclusion.

Yet, I actually laughed way more than I care to admit while watching this. It is not that the jokes in and of itself were particularly funny, nor interesting - the staging of the comedy however worked really well on me. This type of 'over-the-top' humour is not something you usually see in Detective Conan: as a result, I thought some of the directing decisions were decently clever. The use of darker tones and colours also created an okay-ish contrast between the silly situation, and the over-dramatic dialogues - and in case you completely missed the point, Conan was here to remind you that 'yes, this is actually super dumb and you should not take it seriously'.
Do not get me wrong - I do not think this is amazing or anything, but their idea of a 'joshing case' kind of paid off by the end - and for an 'anime original episode', that is all that matters really.
Jul 3, 2021 10:50 AM

Jul 2008
Well....that was something different.
Jul 7, 2021 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
Yamasato was so over-the-top and obessive about his favorite idol. So obsessive that he knows details that have happened that he should not know.

How did he find out about those things? A blog by one of the members? No, that would make their group or a the one who wrote it less popluar (if it wasn't Kayako writing it). A tabloid? If that or something similar isn't the case, then I'm with Ran. He's creepy. He could be stalking a twitter account or something as well. Surprised they didn't set this up with him trying to do something to the other idols that mistreated his favorite idol.

On top of that, Conan basically having a "what is it to be an idol" debate with a cop is hilarious. Ya boy even has a Kayako ♥ LOVE band underneath his hat XD.

On another note, nice Akira reference.

With this I'm finally caught back up to the latest episode. Looking forward to the next episode. No more filler killers for the next two weeks. Just some good canon material.

真実なら、あの女は本当に天然ボケだね。やった!次はマンガ系エピソードだね。
Jul 8, 2021 3:28 PM
Jun 2021
This episode is so different... Last weeks i was skiping fillers but no i think this one had some hypnotic effet and a bizarre end.. Lol it was cool and i enjoyed it<3
Dec 12, 2022 11:19 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
The best was Ran hung up the phone!!! kekeke
Dec 20, 2023 10:29 AM
Mar 2018
This episode feels like a filler from the first few seasons. It looks amazing, with some inspired visuals and dynamic direction, and it has a surprising depth to it. There isn't much of a case, though, but the characters make up for it.
Mar 18, 3:00 PM
Nov 2017
The plot of this filler felt like chatgpt wrote it. It was random, dramatic, over the top and quite stupid. Not gonna lie, it gave me some laughs

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 246 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Feb 13, 2010

12 by ZZZ111000 »»
Today, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 245 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 4, 2012

9 by ZZZ111000 »»
Today, 7:33 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 244 Discussion

giraffesyo - Nov 4, 2012

7 by ZZZ111000 »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1115 Discussion

hai_X_is - Mar 2

8 by Safrichh »»
Jun 10, 8:31 PM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 247 Discussion

MaxCrazy7 - Feb 13, 2010

13 by BladeX05 »»
Jun 9, 9:19 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.