Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
May 30, 2021 2:15 PM

Apr 2020
Story time for me, I wasn’t really a big fan of Haruhi Suzumiya. (Rated season 1 a 7/10 and season 2 a 6/10) I wasn’t expecting much from this movie, especially because I thought it would be boring because it’s almost 3 hours long, but oh boy I was so wrong. I fucking love this movie, everything about it is just so gorgeous, everything about it is a 10/10, one of my favourite anime movie ever, and it’ll probably be my favourite forever. If you haven’t seen season 1 and 2 or the movie for Haruhi Suzumiya, I 100% recommend it, I know it’ll start off weak (especially for season 2) but I’m telling you, it’ll be 100% worth it for the movie. This movie just reminds me why I love anime, and how much I love Kyoto animation. Like seriously, the animation in this is so so gorgeous, it still looks new to this day. 10/10 movie, would rewatch again!
Nina supporter for life💕
May 30, 2021 3:39 PM
Amateur Reviewer
Jul 2016
Yup it's a pretty darn good movie 👍.
May 30, 2021 3:41 PM
Nov 2020
I couldn't agree more. It's the only other 10/10 anime for me (mostly because I haven't started binging a lot yet). I was already a fan of the first 2 seasons (excluding E8). Also the reason season 2 had the E8 Arc in tat condition is because this movie was supposed to be in that season but the script got too long so they made a movie and because the deal was already made of the no. of ep, they just stretched it out, well that's what I heard.
May 30, 2021 9:04 PM

Jun 2015
Superismaeel said:
Story time for me, I wasn’t really a big fan of Haruhi Suzumiya. (Rated season 1 a 7/10 and season 2 a 6/10) I wasn’t expecting much from this movie, especially because I thought it would be boring because it’s almost 3 hours long, but oh boy I was so wrong. I fucking love this movie, everything about it is just so gorgeous, everything about it is a 10/10, one of my favourite anime movie ever, and it’ll probably be my favourite forever. If you haven’t seen season 1 and 2 or the movie for Haruhi Suzumiya, I 100% recommend it, I know it’ll start off weak (especially for season 2) but I’m telling you, it’ll be 100% worth it for the movie. This movie just reminds me why I love anime, and how much I love Kyoto animation. Like seriously, the animation in this is so so gorgeous, it still looks new to this day. 10/10 movie, would rewatch again!

Especially for a 2010 film adapted from a light novel after an animated series, this film impressed me even to this day with its visuals alone. It’s incredible to know people today who are finding this series watch this film and universally love it.
May 30, 2021 9:11 PM

Jan 2009
err the animation is just fluid or like animated on ones or full 24fps like Akira movie or how Kyoto Animation does fluid animation most of the time but nah to each on their own
May 30, 2021 9:12 PM

Jan 2021
Yes I obviously agree with you
May 30, 2021 9:12 PM
Dec 2017
the animation is indeed one of the highlights of the movie along with Yuki!!!

May 30, 2021 10:00 PM
Jan 2020
This definitely blew my mind when I watched it. Coming from someone who finds the TV series quite enjoyable and fascinating. The movie grabbed me hard with its engaging sci-fi elements and narrative. Just such an insightful and interesting story about Yuki Nagato. Backed up with KyoAni moving into their maximised digital anime prowess in the film presentation, it left an impression. I cried quite genuinely. Really cool film.
May 31, 2021 1:19 PM
Oct 2014
This movie is still one of my favorites. The animation was so freaking gorgeous, I love that this movie took place in the winter. The mood of this film fit so well whit the setting.
May 31, 2021 2:40 PM
Jun 2020
Ahh, I've had this movie on my planned for a good while because it seemed to have really good potential! I'm glad to be proven right with these replies. The only reason I still haven't watched is because I haven't also watched the series or any of the original source material.

Should I start with the series first or is it still possible to enjoy the movie without doing so?
May 31, 2021 4:16 PM

Oct 2020
Memetato_ said:
Ahh, I've had this movie on my planned for a good while because it seemed to have really good potential! I'm glad to be proven right with these replies. The only reason I still haven't watched is because I haven't also watched the series or any of the original source material.

Should I start with the series first or is it still possible to enjoy the movie without doing so?
Definitely watch the series first or it won’t be half as impactful.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2021 4:21 PM

Dec 2020
Memetato_ said:

Watch the series first, all of this movie's impact comes from being familiar with the characters.
Jun 1, 2021 12:26 AM
Apr 2015
Memetato_ said:

No watch the show. The movie won't make any sense, cause they are too much tied together
Jun 1, 2021 10:08 PM

Jan 2021
Ahh yes, the pinnacle of the SoL and Supernatural genre. I love this movie (and the series, the characters, basically everything about it) so much. Literally every time I think about it, I contemplate on whether I should re-watch it or not lol. It’s THAT good. The main reason why I enjoyed it so much though, was because of how much fun I had with the show. So watch the show first, I don’t know why people still ask about that lol.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jun 13, 2021 12:07 PM
Sep 2018
yeah this is my favorite movie of all time there's still no movie i've watched surpass this. i've watched this movie 5 years ago rewatch few times but still cant get enough . definitely beyond masterpiece.
LoneWeeb20Jun 13, 2021 12:14 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Who is your favorite girl?

Shizuna - May 24

21 by melody_melon23 »»
May 26, 12:40 PM

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.