Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 25, 2021 4:41 PM
ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Aug 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

---
Despite their similarities, I ended up preferring this quite a bit to Kanamewo (music, colors, characters).
KwanthemasterMay 25, 2021 5:31 PM
May 26, 2021 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
While I found the song fine (if unremarkable), the animated short story in this is really excellent.

I think this was meant to be set in New Mexico (some shots certainly reminiscent of the Very Large Array), or at least, evoke it. I also excerpted the text in the work, for readability:

Van

I'm sorry I couldn't say goodbye. I'm sorry for asking you to do that even though I knew it was a futile hope.

In the end, I couldn't be a human or a devil. I don't want to leave your side - However if I continue to rely on you, it will only cause trouble for everyone.

The days with you were truly dear and precious to me.

I'm sorry,
Thank you

I love you

-Basilis

------

PADMA KINGDOM
Identity Card
Padma Royal Prince

Name: Anthon Juan Basilis

Sex: M
Date of Birth: 09/05/1996
ID No: 50248 39 50808 3470
May 28, 2021 9:08 AM

May 2020
I liked this one more.

Both kanamewo and this have some kind of romance between human and non-human, but this one has a much better song compared to whatever kanamewo had, art is much more polished in this one.
Jun 8, 2021 8:41 PM

Aug 2012
Song has a few lame parts, the Yeaaaahhh in the bridge which really didn't fit the scene either, but overall I like the track. I think it's the use of strings that really helped it for me.

The music video was good, told a nice comprehendible story, and to be honest it got more graphic than I expected. The scene where Basilis made the other cut off one of their wings was pretty powerful, only hurt by the fact that the music of "yeaaahhhh" didn't really match it well. Solid story, cute art style.

Overall 7/10 for me.
Jun 29, 2021 5:47 PM
Jul 2018
The song itself wasn't anything special lyrically although the performance was decently good. And it also didn't fit too well with the animation.

However,the animation and visual storytelling conveyed in this video are absolutely stellar.
Every frame is jam-packed with so much emotion and it's an absolute joy to watch.
The art style itself is also incredibly polished and very well made.

The story conveyed between the two characters was also pretty nice and digestible. Although it was a bit basic and kind of cliche at points

7/10 overall,pretty good
Jul 1, 2021 6:37 PM

Jun 2015
visually and story telling wise this is great, shame the song itself is probably the definition of mid
Feb 20, 2022 11:09 AM

Feb 2020
Well, it was an okay video.

SerafosSep 19, 2022 11:04 AM
Jul 15, 2022 6:01 PM
Mar 2019
Second in a row from Bigmama which also has a great video, i'm impressed.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.