Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 18, 2021 8:55 AM

Dec 2016
skysurf said:
I wouldn't mind some wholesome age-gap romance story but so far this seems to be simply about a dude stalking/harassing/gaslighting a high school girl, which is far from what I would call "romantic".

so paedophila is just an "age gap" now
Then I guess rape is also "just having sex with a girl who doesn't say yes"

Apr 18, 2021 9:59 AM
Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
Maybe forcing it isn't your intention but that's certainly how it comes across.

Exactly, that's not the intention, sorry if it came across like that. Discussing with someone having opposing views is definitely not about trying to convince each other. We can exchange opinions and at the end it's perfectly fine to still disagree.

For example, if your opinion is that this story is a cute romance, good for you. I will probably disagree and explain why I see it differently, we share our views and that's pretty much it.

You started ok in this thread, but quickly moved on into complaining about people "mad at cartoons" or "policing fiction". That's unnecessary. No need to have a flame war over differences of opinions.
Latest reviews: Mushoku Tensei P2 🤮 • Meikyuu Black Company 💰 • Tsukimichi 🌙
Apr 18, 2021 10:25 AM

Jun 2020
I dropped this shit fast asf boi
This anime shit is addictive
Apr 18, 2021 1:24 PM

Nov 2008
skysurf said:
Chiibi said:
Maybe forcing it isn't your intention but that's certainly how it comes across.

Exactly, that's not the intention, sorry if it came across like that. Discussing with someone having opposing views is definitely not about trying to convince each other. We can exchange opinions and at the end it's perfectly fine to still disagree.

If you agree with that much, then it's fine.

Actually I am liking HigeJoshi way more than this show...even though this one is aimed at my demographic....but I like Yoshida so much more than Ryo lol
ChiibiApr 18, 2021 1:29 PM

Apr 18, 2021 10:45 PM

Oct 2017
-Sonal- said:
skysurf said:
I wouldn't mind some wholesome age-gap romance story but so far this seems to be simply about a dude stalking/harassing/gaslighting a high school girl, which is far from what I would call "romantic".

Wait,... what?
Where do you come up with this? How does age gap automatically equal pedophilia.
This show has enough wrong with it but pedophilia it's not.
I think you need to research the definition.
Even if I think a 27 year old should not be pursuing a 17 year old, I wouldn't even call this pedophila, neither would a judge in Japan. Moreover, there has been no real relationship, let alone a sexual one in this show?
An age gap in itself doesn't need to be a problem, the age of the youngest involved when it starts however, cán be.... sure.
But this disccussion thread was about, what is for some the biggest problem with the show, Ryou's stalkerish, manupulative behaviour.
Apr 19, 2021 12:36 AM
Dec 2018
Chiibi said:
Actually I am liking HigeJoshi way more than this show

yeah same, it may be too early to tell, but so far higehiro looks like a much more interesting and mature writing. Regardless of whether there will be romance or not, you can already feel that things are gonna be challenging for the male MC (at work, maybe even legal troubles, etc).

whereas in this one, everything just unrealistically works out fine for the male MC (Ryou) even with the creepy behavior (example: the girl's mother simply being enthusiastic instead of suspicious/worried with all the unwanted gifts and not giving a f after she found out the dude sending them is a grown ass man... instead, the mother was instantly added to his harem lol).

-Sonal- said:

I echo @Misuta-Kitsune reply: Pedophilia is not the correct word here, but even leaving aside the controversial fact of an adult man going after a high school girl, this show is showing worst issues like the romanticization of sexual harassment.
skysurfApr 19, 2021 1:06 AM
Apr 19, 2021 9:52 AM
May 2019
Misuta-Kitsune said:

Even if I think a 27 year old should not be pursuing a 17 year old, I wouldn't even call this pedophila, neither would a judge in Japan. Moreover, there has been no real relationship, let alone a sexual one in this show?

Not to mention the fact that determining if someone is pedophilic is the job of a mental health professional and not a judge.

Also people getting upset about this anime when stuff like "Nande Sensei ga Koko ni" and "Higurashi no naku koro ni" exist is hilarious.
Apr 19, 2021 11:13 AM

Oct 2017
sabishiihito said:
Misuta-Kitsune said:

Not to mention the fact that determining if someone is pedophilic is the job of a mental health professional and not a judge.

True

Also people getting upset about this anime when stuff like "Nande Sensei ga Koko ni" and "Higurashi no naku koro ni" exist is hilarious.

Not true. The fact worse anime exists does not negate the fact this anime has some questionable ways of handling its subject matter and people are rightfully "upset" about this.
Apr 19, 2021 7:27 PM
Jun 2017
This anime is reaching the maximum level of basedness
Apr 25, 2021 8:06 AM

Nov 2008
@skysurf

You know, I don't do this very often but after watching past three episodes and considering your points...

I've somewhat changed my mind. xD

I honestly do not like Ryo's behavior. Because she wanted nothing to do with him and now he's slowly wearing her down. She's never had a relationship, he's taking advantage of that. He gathers info on her and EVERYONE who so much as talks to her and that's beyond creepy.

If I were in Ichika's shoes, I would not like a man doing this stuff to me. It's quite hard for me to ship this. Because real love is about respect and he is being selfish by disrespecting her wishes and her privacy for sure.

I do not think there's danger of it 'sending a bad message to kids' (this is josei after all but

I do find it a tasteless way to write a 'romance', definitely.

Apr 25, 2021 10:16 AM
Dec 2018
@Chiibi You're good, our opinions can change over time and that's an interesting part of discussing with people having different perspectives.

I think the main problem is that the series touches mature themes like age gap and harassment and do absolutely nothing interesting with them, other than dismissing them as "funny". It simply disappoints.

Take the mother for example, which is where you would expect some sort of resistance/challenge, was simply written as an empty character who's now part of the male MC harem.

Other things like the dude assaulting the adult woman in a public place was "nothing out of the ordinary" apparently, and as you mentioned, him gathering info and acting in a threatening way towards the girl's friends because he's jealous/possessive is very disturbing.

Indeed, all this stuff comes across as tacky/tasteless at the end.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jun 14, 2021

148 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 5:11 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 31, 2021

59 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 17, 2021

70 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 2:35 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2021

72 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 25, 1:41 AM

Poll: » Koi to Yobu ni wa Kimochi Warui Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Clas1ck - Mar 29, 2021

275 by TsutanaiFuun »»
May 24, 10:11 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.