Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 10, 2021 7:25 AM

Feb 2017
Hope not. If they're not dumb, they should have noticed with Demon slayer and Jujutsu kaisen that a really good animation on battle shonen will lead to popularity and hype which leads to profit, but you never know sometimes they make stupid decision
Apr 10, 2021 7:45 PM

Sep 2014
I just hope its not some trashy 3d cgi like in Dorohedoro, legitely made me so nauseous I nearly threw up
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 3, 2021 5:04 PM

Nov 2020
ShadowMonkey said:
At this point, your question should rather be: "So, how bad/overused will MAPPA's CG be this time?"

Come on, you know there's no way their cheap, lazy asses are drawing and 2D-animating all those intricate designs... Look what they did to Dorohedoro and, of course, AoT.

this comment didnt age well.
Oct 5, 2021 12:22 PM
May 2021
CGI or not. I'm still happy that chainsawman got an anime adaptation
Nov 1, 2021 2:54 PM

Jul 2021
chances are depending on how much time they had but it will most likely be better than aots cgi

Nov 3, 2021 11:20 AM
Jan 2021
Mr_Srijan said:
People above saying Dorohedoro has a good CGI should read the manga. The animation is so bad it looks like some kid did it. The only anime with a good CGI that I can think of is Land of the Lustrous.

Dorohedoro has good cgi, but keyword good. Land of the lustrous has outstanding cgi
Nov 3, 2021 11:24 AM
Jan 2021
ShadowMonkey said:
At this point, your question should rather be: "So, how bad/overused will MAPPA's CG be this time?"

Come on, you know there's no way their cheap, lazy asses are drawing and 2D-animating all those intricate designs... Look what they did to Dorohedoro and, of course, AoT.

Dorohedoro only had sloppy cgi for like 20 minutes of the entire runtime and the rest of it was very good especially the backgrounds. And aot they literally had to from time constraints and it still looked good for cg standards.

Mappa is currently a top 5 studio animation wise if we're basing it only on the last 5 years and studios like shaft can't get in because of it.
Nov 3, 2021 11:25 AM
Dec 2017
oh yeah its going to be there i'm afraid.

Nov 3, 2021 7:57 PM
Aug 2019
Just consider this a rumor for now. But I remember seeing the MAPPA said this will be their biggest focus yet.
Nov 3, 2021 7:58 PM
Aug 2019
@No_meaning Well if they do do cgi then it probably will still look fine, Look at dorohedoro for example. It looks good, and top tier for cgi, but yeah lets hope they don't do that.
Nov 5, 2021 8:19 PM

Oct 2021
Troco72 said:
ShadowMonkey said:

Dorohedoro only had sloppy cgi for like 20 minutes of the entire runtime and the rest of it was very good especially the backgrounds. And aot they literally had to from time constraints and it still looked good for cg standards.

Mappa is currently a top 5 studio animation wise if we're basing it only on the last 5 years and studios like shaft can't get in because of it.

Idk but shaft is on whole another level when it comes to animation take Monogatari and madoka magica as an example. Shaft could easily be a top 3 studio but none knows about it coz they never take other projects.
Nov 7, 2021 5:19 PM
Jan 2021
Xshake said:
Troco72 said:

Idk but shaft is on whole another level when it comes to animation take Monogatari and madoka magica as an example. Shaft could easily be a top 3 studio but none knows about it coz they never take other projects.

Shaft is my favorite studio. They've just been inactive recently. Not to mention a LOOOT of the talent left so I'm doubtful they'll have the same flair they used to
Nov 9, 2021 12:00 AM
Mar 2021
bro imagine drawing every single head on the gun devil hundreds of times just for a 26 second scene. Of course there's gonna be some CGI. We even saw some CGI in the trailer, and even if the trailers aren't perfect representations of the final anime, it is an accurate enough representation of the average quality of the anime.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 25, 2022

862 by TeaCharm »»
Today, 5:36 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Dec 6, 2022

582 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 4:56 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 22, 2022

732 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Today, 4:30 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 15, 2022

592 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Chainsaw Man Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Nov 8, 2022

628 by Laszek_ditlax »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.