Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 22, 2019 2:01 PM
Dec 2018
So i was watching 1st ep. All nice and good and then accelerator literally appears on the screen xD
I am all for inspiration but this was 100% a ripoff. The body , the hair, the face format, his gestures and atitude were 100% ripped off
Sep 23, 2019 8:42 AM

Apr 2016
I think it’s impossible, Alicization was originally written back in 2003 if I remember well, and the characters descriptions were remained the same when Kawahara rewrote the series to publish it after 2009 as a series of novels.
HectorBlazeSep 23, 2019 9:36 AM
Sep 23, 2019 10:41 AM

Apr 2016
Lel0uchZer0 said:
HectorBlaze said:
I think it’s impossible, Alicization was originally written back in 2003 if I remember well, and the characters descriptions were remained the same when Kawahara rewrote the series to publish it after 2009 as a series of novels.

Alicization started publishing in 2016 check it on MAL
And it clearly is a ripoff because as i said it's not as if they just look a like
I love accelerator ... thay guy from episode 1 was a perfect copy (obviously not as developed as character but still)

Alicization was originally wrote back in 2003 as a web novel. Later Kawahara rewrite it to publish it in the series of novels which began its serialization in 2006. So, in my opinion it’s impossible.
Sep 23, 2019 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
In the novels his design is shown in some illustrations based on his description, so anime character design is based on them.
Sep 23, 2019 2:06 PM

Oct 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
HectorBlaze said:
In the novels his design is shown in some illustrations based on his description, so anime character design is based on them.
Based or not it's still a damn ripoff
Cant be a rip off if the source description from 2003 is true and character is modelled after it out of respect of the source which pre dates what you claim to be ripped off of
Unless you can find staff members admitting the popularity of Accelerator has influenced their character modelling for the anime or you can disprove the source being written in 2003 I would recommend you stop saying its a ripoff
Don't be like the people who said Future Diary 2011 anime stole the phone concept from the Eden of The East anime from 2009 when the manga came out 2006 for Future Diary and the LN for Eden of The East came out 2009
Sep 23, 2019 2:53 PM

Apr 2016
That Alicization was wrote long time ago it’s a fact, everyone can know that SAO was written before as a web novel with a bit of research on internet.
Sep 23, 2019 3:04 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Yeah no you can't call it a ripoff when Accelerator is literally a newer character. That logic just doesn't work no matter how you look at it
Sep 24, 2019 12:13 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Lel0uchZer0 said:
HaXXspetten said:
Yeah no you can't call it a ripoff when Accelerator is literally a newer character. That logic just doesn't work no matter how you look at it

It literally is a fucking ripoff...i am talking about the ANIME version not your shaddy 2003 novels that have nothing to do with this
I get this anime has nothing original about it but defending it for riping off is nothing short of dumb
... but even if he wasn’t actually drawn back then his appearance is obviously described in detail even in text you know? It’s not like they suddenly just make up what the characters all look like when they happen to get their hands on an artist for its official LN publication

Acting like the anime is somehow a separate product makes no sense. Anime characters are just a depiction of how they’re already designed in their respective source material
Sep 24, 2019 3:04 PM

Apr 2016
Why would they copy when they have everything described and shown in a detailed way in the novels yet!? There are illustrations in the novels, anime represents that design, there’s nothing to do with this Accelerator.
Sep 26, 2019 10:28 AM

Apr 2016
What you're doing doesn't make sense, you are consciously ignoring something that proves what you’re saying is wrong.
HectorBlazeSep 26, 2019 10:32 AM
Sep 26, 2019 11:32 PM
Nov 2018
My personal opinion of the matter is that I couldn't care less which one came first. However, not going to lie, they do look very similar. Almost like they are the same person. With that said, I examined few pictures of these characters just to clarify everything for myself. These are the pictures I used.

Don't they just look like the same person? XD

However, after examining further, I noticed that they do in fact have their differences. Other than the obvious of their clothing and jewelry, Johnny Black (SAO) seems to only have pupils in his eyes while Accelerator (A Certain Magical Divinity) has more developed brown eyes. Hard to tell by the size of the pictures, but Johnny Black actually has a mustache while Accelerator does not. With my further investigation I concluded that the only things I personally believe to be close enough to even consider it a ripoff would be the smile and the hair. This is where things get a bit funny.

As I was comparing the two, a thought came to my mind. How original is this hair to begin with? And so with my very first search, WITHOUT EVEN NEEDING TO DIG FOR IT, I looked up "scruffy anime hair". Lo and behold!!! The very first picture to come up was the one that follows!

Look familiar? While it is not a 100% mach, what are the chances that both characters have the exact same M shaped hair style as my search? My conclusion... Their hair is so basic that you couldn't argue that it is a ripoff of anything. It has probably been used long before ether of these pictures were even drawn, so the only thing this falls back onto is the smile. I feel as though I have done enough "research" today XD so I'm going to leave you all with this, it is my personal opinion that the smile is also not that original. *mic drop* lol

Neither one of these characters was a complete ripoff of the other. Lets be honest with each other, even if one studio hit Ctrl C Ctrl V on ether character, there would have been a lawsuit on one of them by now. If the studios aren't this concerned on the matter than I don't really know why we are XD Just try to realize that both sides of this debate have points. Whether or not you take my opinion to heart, I just want you all to know that no mater which side is right... it doesn't matter. That doesn't make ether one of these shows lesser because of it. And if something even needed to happen about it, we wouldn't be the ones doing anything. That responsibility would be on the studios.

Anyways... thanks for your time. Especially if you took the time to read through everything. LOL
James_A_FinnaginSep 27, 2019 9:59 PM
Sep 26, 2019 11:39 PM

Nov 2011
LMAO, clearly the OP isn't looking for different opinion. He just want people to agree with him.

Sep 21, 2020 5:12 AM

Mar 2015
GilgaGOAT said:
HectorBlaze said:
Why would they copy when they have everything described and shown in a detailed way in the novels yet!? There are illustrations in the novels, anime represents that design, there’s nothing to do with this Accelerator.

I don't care about the descriptions
THE CHARACTER LOOKS THE FUCKING SAME IN THE ANIME
It's just a ripoff

This one doesnt make any sense to me.. u dont care about the description, and yet you state that they both look the same?
I like Furina, I love Furina.

More topics from this board

» My enjoyment of Alice is kinda ruined because of Darkness from Konosuba

BigBoyAdvance - Mar 24

11 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 24, 10:33 PM

» Anyone else lowkey prefer Alice to Asuna?

Marinate1016 - Jun 25, 2019

47 by Marinate1016 »»
Mar 24, 11:38 AM

» Kirito needs medical help cause this man’s been through it all

Superninjaboy2 - Mar 11

32 by Superninjaboy2 »»
Mar 14, 9:57 AM

» I just finished this and ""O MY GOD ""

Yeshaiah2015yesh - Mar 2

43 by Fenyy »»
Mar 5, 11:12 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online: Alicization Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2018

189 by fssf1606 »»
Feb 12, 2:59 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.