Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 10, 2019 8:45 AM

Sep 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I feel bad for Clara. Not being able of running around like Heidi and the other kids is certainly taking its toll on her, and I wish she would get better. But taking out her frustration on Heidi, or going from saying "go back to the mountains" on a whim to "never leave my side" after falling ill isn't really fair at all.

And it seems that I was wrong to put my hopes in Clara's grandmother after all. I can't believe she asked Clara is she was okay with Heidi going back to the mountains, instead of asking the girl herself if she wanted to go. Heidi isn't Clara's pet and this decision should not rest upon her. Heidi was brought to Frankfurt against her will in the first place, so it is really starting to feel like she is a captive.
Feb 24, 2020 3:14 PM
Jul 2018
I understand the drive behind Clara's words and accusations. Being the child she is, she is more susceptible to emotional dilemmas. Seeing Heidi's carefree fun as she runs around the flower field understandably left her with bitter feelings. However, I think this could turn out for the better if her feelings were to be used as a motive to start trying to move around with her weak legs.

Even though Clara got sick, and amidst the mad ramblings and accusations of Rottenheier, I think it was pretty worth it. For the first time in her life, Clara finally left the confines of the house, which she has been trapped in ever since she was born.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 52 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jul 30, 2016

4 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 17, 9:04 AM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 50 Discussion

Fayrin - Apr 17, 2019

3 by aburame_ernesto »»
Aug 15, 7:19 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 5 Discussion

Kuruwin - Jun 16, 2016

8 by darthtruder »»
Mar 8, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 4 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

4 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 10:13 PM

Poll: » Alps no Shoujo Heidi Episode 3 Discussion

Fayrin - Mar 31, 2019

5 by darthtruder »»
Feb 13, 9:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.