Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 19, 2019 11:46 PM
Sep 2017
I have a few questions that I hope are answered at the end of this arc, because they have been bugging me a lot, because they are basically key to the entire series:

1: How are the villagers not inbred to hell and back, over the course of 3000 years, and a total of 6 direct ancestors.

2: How were the two main characters able to break out of their stone casing, whereas no one else has been? And if people have broken out of their casing, where are they?

3: Who were the villagers that were originally exiled that were mentioned in the first chapters of the village arc? are they still alive? what did they do to be exiled?

4: If you are conscious while still in the rock, and can be revived when pieced back together, does that mean all the statues that have been destroyed are still conscious, even if destroyed thousands of years ago? Maybe that's who the Why Man is, just the billions of people who are still conscious after being destroyed, calling out to the aether.

Other than that, solid story, and loving every minute of it
Mar 23, 2019 2:21 PM

Jan 2019
Really good question. 6 ancestors really is a dangerously low gene pool. It would have taken just a few decades, until basically everyone would be related to everyone in some way. I guess that's one of the things where you just can't take the manga too seriously.

They were exposed to a natural source of nitric acid, the cave with the bats, and that nitric acid slowly eroded the stone casing over the years. But I have to admit, it is kinda stupid, that they were the only people in the world, or at least Japan, who were that lucky. The same thing could have happened to anyone, who turned to stone near a fertilizer factory for example, because nitric acid is used at these places to make fertilizer.

Oh yeah, I remember the talk about exiles. The reason why they were suspicious of Senku at first. That topic was never mentioned again. My guess is that the author dropped the idea, because we already had a "villain" faction with the "Tsukasa Empire" and he didn't want to introduce another group at the same time.

Wow, okay, that is a really creepy thought. Didn't even think about that. Now that's also something, where I would like to see an explanation.
May 10, 2019 3:08 AM
Oct 2018
I just finish the fifth volume and I thought exactly the same thing for that inbred things.
He clearly would not have enough genetic mixing, I had read that it would take a minimum of 100 people to perpetrate the human species and only if there are no catastrophes, no illnesses, no accidents and everything was perfectly control, we could not do children with whom we want. To be sure of his move it would take at least 14,000 according to other scientists.
I do not know who is right but what is certain is that 6 people would not have enough.
But hey it's just a manga, even if he wants to be a « scientist » one and I guess it would have been a little hard to explain how thousands of people would have come down from space. At least it makes me thing about it which is already a good thing.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

animefan8800 - Mar 2, 2017

54 by ayumiko14 »»
Aug 27, 11:15 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 178 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 13, 2020

15 by NuggetBandit »»
Aug 11, 9:56 PM

» Volume 27 will be released on 4th April 2024

Adnash - Mar 28

6 by XGirl86 »»
Jul 14, 4:09 AM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 232 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ArtaRay - Mar 2, 2022

85 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:19 PM

Poll: » Dr. Stone Chapter 231 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 27, 2022

24 by Sun_Chan »»
May 6, 1:06 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.