Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Fanfictions. Love them? Hate them? Write them?

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Apr 17, 2019 12:16 PM

Apr 2010
Dave_Adrian said:
EfiChan said:

First... I'm a guy, so... no bro.
Second... I wrote about Vampire Knight and Betrayal Knows My Name (not what you expected, ha?) I wrote a Sherlock Holmes fanfic which no one reads... Tried to have same style of the original... didn't work.

I know you're a dude bruh, that's why i'm callin you 'bruh' and not 'gurl'.
So.. why no, bruh?

I'm not a guy*
Vampire Knight is shoujou and Betrayl Knows Your Name is shonen ai (without even a kiss, but oh well).

Apr 17, 2019 12:43 PM

Dec 2012
I don't read unofficial stuff aside from the occasional hentai dojin. I just find it kind of pointless since even if it's good it still never happened in the show.

Although on the non-anime front, I did read most of the Star Wars expanded universe books growing up, several of which were fantastic.
"The name's Gambit. Remember it."
-Gambit "X-Men '97"

Apr 17, 2019 6:47 PM

Jan 2018
Kruszer said:
I don't read unofficial stuff aside from the occasional hentai dojin. I just find it kind of pointless since even if it's good it still never happened in the show.

Although on the non-anime front, I did read most of the Star Wars expanded universe books growing up, several of which were fantastic.

Bruh all of us read them hentai doujin on the down low if you know wut I mean..

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 18, 2019 7:36 PM

Nov 2016
I absolutely treasure fanfiction and have for years. Even though many aren’t well written (sometimes intentionally) it’s still the product of a fan’s passion. And there are quite a few out there that are actually good. Startlingly good. Just because most fanfic writers are amateurs doesn’t mean all of them are.

A lot of people seem to think it’s all lewd stuff and while fanfic certainly lends itself well to that that’s of course not the only reason people read or even write fanfiction. It’s a medium of unlimited potential after all. There’s no gods! No editors! No investors! You can write whatever you want, and I love seeing how creative people can get. There are fanfic that expand on terrible endings or forgotten scenes, some that are fun alternate universe scenarios, some that change the path of original story, and so on. And some—very few— manage to be so well written they can change your view on the original work. And those are some of the truly specials ones.
Jun 11, 2019 10:15 AM

Jan 2018
fidonia said:
I absolutely treasure fanfiction and have for years. Even though many aren’t well written (sometimes intentionally) it’s still the product of a fan’s passion. And there are quite a few out there that are actually good. Startlingly good. Just because most fanfic writers are amateurs doesn’t mean all of them are.

A lot of people seem to think it’s all lewd stuff and while fanfic certainly lends itself well to that that’s of course not the only reason people read or even write fanfiction. It’s a medium of unlimited potential after all. There’s no gods! No editors! No investors! You can write whatever you want, and I love seeing how creative people can get. There are fanfic that expand on terrible endings or forgotten scenes, some that are fun alternate universe scenarios, some that change the path of original story, and so on. And some—very few— manage to be so well written they can change your view on the original work. And those are some of the truly specials ones.

Completely agree with you blud. There are a lot of shitty ones, but the great ones are basically diamonds in the rough

Jun 11, 2019 12:20 PM

Apr 2010
I hardly read them. I wrote one (I thought of another one, but kinda forgot what the original manga was about XD)

Jun 11, 2019 12:37 PM

Apr 2016
I read about 300k words worth of fanfiction every week, but weirdly enough, I don't really read any anime fics. Not that I don't want to, but the anime I'm watching nowadays is old and obscure, so finding fic for it is pretty hard.
Jun 11, 2019 12:48 PM

Mar 2015
I like h-doujins. They mostly just fuck anyways and 90% of the ones I read aren't translated so whatever fuck the plot.

Now fanfiction, I've read some and meh. I actually haven't really stumbled upon any REALLY terrible ones, but they're not masterpieces either. I do enjoy some really fluffy ones with my favorite ships though.

Also if you've got spare time on your hands and want to read the worst/best fanfiction of all time, look no further! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6829556/1/My-Immortal
Jun 11, 2019 8:55 PM

Jun 2014
Not my cup of tea, generally, but I don't hate them. I've thought about writing a few myself. I occasionally stumble across a fanfic that piques my interest. It's usually a crossover or some alternate universe.
Jun 12, 2019 12:58 AM

Jan 2018
Orryx said:
I like h-doujins. They mostly just fuck anyways and 90% of the ones I read aren't translated so whatever fuck the plot.

Now fanfiction, I've read some and meh. I actually haven't really stumbled upon any REALLY terrible ones, but they're not masterpieces either. I do enjoy some really fluffy ones with my favorite ships though.

Also if you've got spare time on your hands and want to read the worst/best fanfiction of all time, look no further! https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6829556/1/My-Immortal

That's what fanfics are for, aint it? Wish fulfillment

Jun 12, 2019 1:01 AM

Jan 2018
Malkshake said:
Not my cup of tea, generally, but I don't hate them. I've thought about writing a few myself. I occasionally stumble across a fanfic that piques my interest. It's usually a crossover or some alternate universe.

Me as well fam. There are some crossover fanfics that are actually pretty enjoyable.

One of my favs is actually a fic about Shirou Emiya from fate/stay night getting trasported to the world of My Hero Academia. Doesn't make sense, I know.. but its pretty enjoyable if you ask me.

Jun 12, 2019 1:02 AM

Jan 2018
Kayn said:
I read about 300k words worth of fanfiction every week, but weirdly enough, I don't really read any anime fics. Not that I don't want to, but the anime I'm watching nowadays is old and obscure, so finding fic for it is pretty hard.

So what kind of fanfics are you reading m8?

Jun 12, 2019 1:10 AM

Dec 2017
Never read any and I have no interest
Jun 13, 2019 5:06 AM

Apr 2016
Dave_Adrian said:
So what kind of fanfics are you reading m8?

If I enjoy a piece of media, chances are I'll look up fanfiction inspired by it.

Lately I've been reading alot of MCU, Killing Eve, Hannibal and even Netflix's Castlevania adaptation fics and most of it is slash or femslash, but I do enjoy genfics (particular casefics) a great deal too, even though finding them requires a little bit of work.

A lot of it can be viewed as trashy feel-good lecture for whenever you want to get your mind off whatever is stressing you out, but I've actually came across really well written, thought provoking pieces. Most of them I stumbled across while venturing into the classic literature tag on AO3. There isn't a lot of material written for those fandoms, but surprisingly, most of it is good.

I guess reading fanfiction is easier than getting into a new book, for example. You don't have to take the time to get to know the characters and the setting, which usually takes some time. Instead, if you're familiar with the source material, you can pretty much get into any fic you find interesting without effort. That, and the satisfaction of seeing you favorite characters in situations the canon is unlikely to provide, I feel, contribute to the enjoyment of reading fanfiction.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you sacrifice the rest of your life if you could spend one year with your favorite character?

Shizuna - 4 hours ago

16 by Rhae »»
1 minute ago

» What are your Anime Hot Takes

solacez - Yesterday

47 by SwordBreaker36 »»
7 minutes ago

» What if aliens made every anime have aliens in it?

APolygons2 - Yesterday

16 by APolygons2 »»
8 minutes ago

» What is good animation?

LenRea - May 24

24 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
8 minutes ago

» Which big name anime(s) were you late watching or still haven't watched?

IpreferEcchi - Yesterday

25 by NoelleIsSleepy »»
12 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.