Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Overlord (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Sep 9, 2018 1:02 AM
Sep 2018
So I finally decided to watch seasons 2 and 3, I was hesitant to continue because of the two ways I think Overlord will end but after season 3 episode 9 I need to vent. After season 1 I had two possible endings for the show in mind and neither one was good, one possibility and is being hinted at Ainz and the rest of the guardians will be killed in a great war. The other equally soul destroying ending would be the guardians adapting and coming to the conclusion they don't need Ainz anymore and either kill him or leave him, Some of the guardians have already started to question him and Demiurge has been out thinking him for a few episodes now. I hope the show will have Ainz and the npcs win after all the time we have spent with these characters it would really suck to see them all killed off. What do you think? How do you think the show will come to an end? Will it be a happy end or a knife in the heart.
Sep 9, 2018 1:55 AM

Oct 2014
Surazaku said:
So I finally decided to watch seasons 2 and 3, I was hesitant to continue because of the two ways I think Overlord will end but after season 3 episode 9 I need to vent. After season 1 I had two possible endings for the show in mind and neither one was good, one possibility and is being hinted at Ainz and the rest of the guardians will be killed in a great war. The other equally soul destroying ending would be the guardians adapting and coming to the conclusion they don't need Ainz anymore and either kill him or leave him, Some of the guardians have already started to question him and Demiurge has been out thinking him for a few episodes now. I hope the show will have Ainz and the npcs win after all the time we have spent with these characters it would really suck to see them all killed off. What do you think? How do you think the show will come to an end? Will it be a happy end or a knife in the heart.

I don't think that Ainz will actually be like a true final boss that gets defeated in the end, because unlike those final bosses/"Demon Lords" from games and fantasy novels, he lacks the typical arrogance of such characters and doesn't cause enough resentment for everyone to just band together against him.

On the opposite, Ainz is actually so careful that it's close to paranoia, escpacially after the mistake with Shalltear. He is careless in some aspects like only "skimming" through the reports of his subordinates instead of thoroughly reading through them, but it's not to the point that he would suddenly be seen as the big bad.
Sep 9, 2018 1:59 AM
Sep 2018
Grey-Zone said:
Surazaku said:

I don't think that Ainz will actually be like a true final boss that gets defeated in the end, because unlike those final bosses/"Demon Lords" from games and fantasy novels, he lacks the typical arrogance of such characters and doesn't cause enough resentment for everyone to just band together against him.

On the opposite, Ainz is actually so careful that it's close to paranoia, escpacially after the mistake with Shalltear. He is careless in some aspects like only "skimming" through the reports of his subordinates instead of thoroughly reading through them, but it's not to the point that he would suddenly be seen as the big bad.

But wouldn't the super tier magic caster in command of some of the strongest beings around automatically be a threat that people would try to unite for and stop? I really hope you are right I don't want to see any of the crew die or atleast none of the fleshed out badass characters. It maybe a bit cheesy but I want to see him and his guardians beat everyone and rule as the overlords.
SurazakuSep 9, 2018 2:02 AM
Sep 9, 2018 2:25 AM
Mar 2018
Surazaku said:

End? What are you talking about? This season will cover only volumes 7-9 of the light novel.
Sep 9, 2018 4:04 PM
Sep 2018
SNDT said:
Surazaku said:

End? What are you talking about? This season will cover only volumes 7-9 of the light novel.

I mean when it all ends not just season 3.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Overlord Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2015

434 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 2, 2:25 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 1, 2015

405 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 28, 2015

332 by hanakocheeks »»
Sep 1, 12:29 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 7, 2015

371 by hanakocheeks »»
Aug 31, 8:13 AM

Poll: » Overlord Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 11, 2015

253 by MrList »»
Jun 28, 3:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.