Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 14, 2018 11:37 PM

Jan 2017
I noticed that nobody opened a topic for this upcoming game!

What do you guys think of it so far? I think it looks like a lot of fun, and it looks like it has the potential to be the best One Piece game yet. Maybe even one of the best anime games ever, just as long as they get a nice original story in there. But since they seem to have just thrown random characters all over the place for fanservice, I'm not too sure what kind of story they could make of it.

(But regardless, being a big One Piece fan I will still pick this game up on day one.)
Aug 15, 2018 9:09 AM

May 2007
I'm following this game with low expectations. The concept of what Bandai Namco want to do with this game is encouraging and something I really want in a potential One Piece game. Despite what many people have stated across gaming forums, I dig the graphics and art style they are using.

However, from what little we've seen so far, the world just seem so empty and uninteresting. Hopefully that's because what they've shown is only early, pre-alpha stuff. But for a game that's supposedly coming out sometime in 2018, it's a little worrying that they don't have more to show. I fully expect the game to be pushed back into 2019 honestly.

We'll see though. I am glad it's also coming to Xbox One, since I don't have a PS4.
Aug 15, 2018 9:41 AM

Jan 2017
I agree with you @VK11

The world seems like a generic plain land with not too much going on it in. Even though it seems like they are striving for an original world, I would've been just fine with exploring preexisting One Piece places. Like Dressrosa or Water 7!

The graphics do look very good, I'm not sure why people don't like the style.

I am completely fine with the game being pushed to 2019, if it means they can make this into the best One Piece game yet!

I don't have any next gen consoles, but I am going to be getting a gaming PC soon so I'll be playing it off of Steam.
Aug 15, 2018 12:24 PM

Jan 2017
I was SUPER excited at first, but now it seems a bit lackluster idk.

I still have hope but i really wish the game to be better and more interesting then what they showed us by now.

The open world thing are awesome, but it feels so empty and the NPC seems to be dumb af.
awesome
Aug 15, 2018 6:46 PM

May 2015
It looks pretty shit, imo. I can imagine it being fun for a couple of hours and then tedious from then on. Luffy's abilities are cool and all, but they're limited, and you're using them in a generic open world against nameless fodder by the looks of things. It doesn't feel One Piece-like. The story line could be interesting, although I'm not too sure how the characters announced are going to interact with one another.

Treasure Cruise will still be the best of the lot. Looking forward to a Burning Blood sequel with a bigger roster later down the line.

More topics from this board

» What are you playing right now? (v2) ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

anime-prime - Oct 4, 2020

3593 by AverageRiceFan »»
Yesterday, 6:50 PM

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 4 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

166 by CatSoul »»
Yesterday, 4:59 PM

» What's the funnest local multiplayer game with friends.

-Fantastical- - Apr 16

21 by Ragrunzel »»
Yesterday, 2:02 PM

Poll: » Cs:go or Valorant?

bernierimo - Nov 1, 2020

45 by crazygipi »»
Yesterday, 10:37 AM

» Street Fighter 6 and Counter Strike 2

removed-user - Mar 7, 2023

12 by 210200 »»
Yesterday, 4:43 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.