Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 3, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2012
Hey guys

What genre would you call the 80s/90s action/military/scifi style anime music heard in the Patlabor movies and tv? (Specifically; Heavy Armor, Wyvern and Unnatural City).

Could anyone recommend to me some other anime songs, similar to those found in Patlabor or the earlier Front Mission games?

Cheers,
Outer
Dec 3, 2017 2:06 PM

Sep 2011
alot of kenji K's 80's stuff sounds alot like patlabor, there are still sprinkles of that older sound in some of his newer stuff depending on the work, alot of mob psycho's ost had similar use of synths but I wouldnt really go looking into it too much for that reason, its also hard to really say what entries hes worked on will have that sound cause hes done an absurd amount of work over the years to some really different sounds, like he did the original ghost in the shell which youd never guess from patlabor

I dont know else to describe patlabor's ost specifically other than rock of the time.
JizzyHitlerDec 3, 2017 2:14 PM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

» "Ashita No Joe" or "Hajime no Ippo"

Inter_anime - 29 minutes ago

1 by M2zC »»
6 minutes ago

» recommend me anime different from what i like or hidden gems of any genre

1darling - 1 hour ago

3 by 8oomer »»
46 minutes ago

» Looking for a good anime that has concluded

IdleSolution - 7 hours ago

6 by mo_lave »»
2 hours ago

» looking for manga with a lot of secondhand embarassment and cringe

wormwormy - Today

3 by RaviDavi »»
9 hours ago

» Looking for anime recs

Saiunknown - May 22

13 by AngelaWolter »»
11 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.